I did these mods 8 yrs ago,bear with me. Pair and can mod

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
2007 Busa:
1. Is the pair still in use/same type as my 2000?
2. I made my own block off plates last time,but I'm lazy/tired now. Just go for the marble or is there a down side to that.
3. I love the look of stock polished cans. I'm going to do the drill mod.Last Busa I had a PC,will I need one again?
4. If I need a PC,which one? and will a free downloaded map work well? If so,what would be a close map? Ex: Yoshi map? D&D map?
5. Also plan on K&N. Is it possible to just re-map these new style ECU's which I believe come on the 07 SE,to accomodate drilled cans,pair mod,filter upgrade? And can a "back yarder" do it. (my nearby dealer is borderline useless)

Thanks guys. I know,I could do a search,but I want to drill and play,not read for hours. PLUS,I like my tech-info fresh.:thumbsup:

Rubbah.

If you are going to change the air filter I would go with a BMC or Pipercross. Havent really heard anything good about K&N air filters for the busa

Thank you gentlemen! Sometimes Rubb worries about nothing.

One BMC to be ordered,forgot about those. K&N in my Ram,Harleys,Audi,etc. thats why I figured go again. Thanks #1 Busa.

RSD.

If you are going to change the air filter I would go with a BMC or Pipercross. Havent really heard anything good about K&N air filters for the busa

I've had K&N and BMC race in a gen2 Busa(and other bikes).
The only difference was that the BMC race was about 2/3 the thickness of the K&N(non race BMC is about the same thickness).
That and the color of the rubber they were molded in.
Otherwise, they are the same quality.:beerchug:

Stop that crap right now, and go ride :laugh:

To late. "Krap" done. Right side plastic still off till this mornings new oil/filter.

This motor has been so well cared for. The first thing thats gonna wear out is the oil drain plug.:laugh:

I've looked back at its service rocords,this will be its 5th oil/filter service in 10,000 miles. Call me paranoid???but I dont know 4sure whats in there and,or if a cheap filter was used.

Old jail term. DTA= "Dont trust anyone." :guns:ANYONE

RSD.

I can still ride my couch.:rofl: It has now been designated as the official "Parts-Picker-Upper-Bike" :laugh:

With all those bags I can carry tons of Busa parts.:thumbsup:

Original cost at dealer(I bought used) $39,000.oo My upgrades about $6000.oo :banghead:

Rubb-Her-With-A-Soft-Cloth.

bag 1.jpg

bag 2.jpg

bag 3.jpg

bag 4.jpg

bag 5.jpg

bag 6.jpg

bag 7.jpg

My K&N fell apart in my bike. it sucked the gasket off of it and it got stuck in one of my throttle body flaps

I have always ran the OEM filter. The first one on my '08 was changed after 22K miles and looked pretty clean when it was changed. The current one has 16K miles. I ride basically clean environments even though we do have a lot of sand and bugs in my area.

We had a member / sponsor here that did some testing many years ago and the OEM filter flowed better than any filter he put it up against. This was not against race filters. Obviously race filters will probably breath better but will also allow more dirt into your engine.

Back