So Gun control Vs Bombing...

Strife

Donating Member
Registered
1st off, it's sad that life is loss for any reason...

With that said, I'm curious on what peoples thoughts are about gun control now that there is proof that "Where there's a will... There's a way!".

The main spark for gun control was to prevent mass murder.

However the bombs were made from ordinary pressure cookers with stuff like nails and ball bearings in it. Estimated to cost $100.

"Everyone at Tenergy is deeply saddened by the recent events at the Boston Marathon. Our hearts and thoughts are with the victims and their families," the company said. "We were appalled to discover that one of our off-the-shelf products was used in such a horrific and senseless act of hate," the company said.

The battery company said the product, a 1.25V 3000mAh Sub-C siz Nickel Metal Hybrid, is widely available on the retail market and they have sold tens of thousands of it over the past year. Fager America said they sell over 250,000 pressure cookers annually.

My take is that no matter what we try to do to prevent loss of life, we as humans are so fragile. There will be no freedom left to prevent needless loss of life.

Patiently waiting to see how the administration politicizes this and uses it.
As Dershowitz said this is not nor should not be another reason to take away more liberties and freedoms.

They will ignore the issue unless it is pressed. The anti gun lobby knows the proposed laws would not make any difference but are so ideologically driven they will push on anyway.

Sad indeed. Prayers sent to all :please:

Every American needs to start making an effort to secure themselves and know there surroundings and what's in it. Ever vigilant folks.

Get out and meet your neighbors, get to know them, they are usually good people, its tradition to look after your neighbor. The cops were mostly helpless over the last week without public help, locking down 1 million people is not the answer in America, the 1 Million needs to get out there and defend themselves, root out these scum bags, the cops, no matter how good and brave they are CAN NOT DO IT for you, take care of yourself and your neighbors.. Get armed and be safe, take a class and put the gun away in a safe secure place until the time comes to arm yourself, practice every now and then. In Fla its quite normal for most people to have a gun at hand after a hurricane, this ensures that there will be no looting, it works, the country should do the same.

Disclaimer: I've never owned a gun. I've never fired a gun. I've only held a gun, reluctantly, one time.

I have no interest in banning guns. Laws only affect law abiding citizens and therefore, will little effect, if any, on the ability of criminals to gain access to guns or any other weapons. Keep in mind that a ball paint pen or a simple pencil can strike a fatal blow if one has the will and intent to do so.

Things are not the issue when it comes to killing. The KILLERS are the problem.

Get out and meet your neighbors, get to know them, they are usually good people, its tradition to look after your neighbor. The cops were mostly helpless over the last week without public help, locking down 1 million people is not the answer in America, the 1 Million needs to get out there and defend themselves, root out these scum bags, the cops, no matter how good and brave they are CAN NOT DO IT for you, take care of yourself and your neighbors.. Get armed and be safe, take a class and put the gun away in a safe secure place until the time comes to arm yourself, practice every now and then. In Fla its quite normal for most people to have a gun at hand after a hurricane, this ensures that there will be no looting, it works, the country should do the same.

+1 I know every neighbor here and believe were all packing. Check my sig.

Ban pressure cookers, batteries, nails, ball bearings and backpacks. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

What about water? That should DEFINITELY be banned! That stuff kills people in SO many ways! It reduces traction and braking forces in the rain. Folks drown in it all the time. Sometimes people choke on the stuff. It can cause critical parts in machines to rust and eventually fail, often causing injury and death in the proces. On top of that it can react with all sorts of other chemicals and create compounds that are fatal upon exposure.

Yeah, we should definitely ban water.

What about water? That should DEFINITELY be banned! That stuff kills people in SO many ways! It reduces traction and braking forces in the rain. Folks drown in it all the time. Sometimes people choke on the stuff. It can cause critical parts in machines to rust and eventually fail, often causing injury and death in the proces. On top of that it can react with all sorts of other chemicals and create compounds that are fatal upon exposure.

Yeah, we should definitely ban water.

It's not the water that's the culprit in many of your examples, it's oxygen. Therefore I submit.. We ban oxygen completely and immediately. I rest my case!

They will simply pour massive amounts of money into Homeland Security and expand its power which will no doubt keep records on every U.S. citizen to include internet monitoring and tapping calls routinely.

if you want to know how they will use it....they martial law'ed boston...illegaly and forcebly searched peoples homes without consent...and the country is cheering.....what do you think is next??

if you want to know how they will use it....they martial law'ed boston...illegaly and forcebly searched peoples homes without consent...and the country is cheering.....what do you think is next??

I noticed that but have not processed it yet.

wait for "it wont happen here" comment soon to be comeing...

I'm now reading articles calling for more drones flying in our skies recording everything that happens below.

I bet the legislature passes that kind of nonsense without anyone even thinking twice about it. Privacy will soon be a thing of the past.

--Sky

Chris, it is happening here. California bans, and now Mass bans. The states are picking up the banning/regulation issue now that the USSC decided to stay out of it. We are back to square one. States are doing what they want, so you have to vote with your feet. The NSA is building massive (larger than aircraft hangars) buildings out west to house computer stuff. They will be sifting through everything (e-mails, cell phone calls, web sites etc.) on the anti-terrorist mission. It is a few years away from operational but it is coming soon. Under the guise of anti-terrorism, America is giving up many of our liberties.

Here is the problem. Every time we have something happen (this time its Boston) the people want it to stop no matter what. They are willing to give up everything to stop the killing. This is of course a HUGE issue if your family is near the killing or getting killed. The problem is in a free society we have to allow for some crazy killing. The problem is do you want you daughter killed or maimed for life? So, we continue down the path of big govt.

As I watched the TV on Boston, I was reminded how we always tell the Israelis to use restraint and to not do much when they take incoming rockets that kill a few people. I was thinking how appropriate it would be to have the Prime Minister tell the American people on TV to use restraint and don't worry, just be nice to the terrorists and they will hopefully stop. We are an idiotic country with idiotic advice to others. Well, we got what others have had, and suprise! we didn't like it.

Chris, it is happening here. California bans, and now Mass bans. The states are picking up the banning/regulation issue now that the USSC decided to stay out of it. We are back to square one. States are doing what they want, so you have to vote with your feet. The NSA is building massive (larger than aircraft hangars) buildings out west to house computer stuff. They will be sifting through everything (e-mails, cell phone calls, web sites etc.) on the anti-terrorist mission. It is a few years away from operational but it is coming soon. Under the guise of anti-terrorism, America is giving up many of our liberties.

Here is the problem. Every time we have something happen (this time its Boston) the people want it to stop no matter what. They are willing to give up everything to stop the killing. This is of course a HUGE issue if your family is near the killing or getting killed. The problem is in a free society we have to allow for some crazy killing. The problem is do you want you daughter killed or maimed for life? So, we continue down the path of big govt.

As I watched the TV on Boston, I was reminded how we always tell the Israelis to use restraint and to not do much when they take incoming rockets that kill a few people. I was thinking how appropriate it would be to have the Prime Minister tell the American people on TV to use restraint and don't worry, just be nice to the terrorists and they will hopefully stop. We are an idiotic country with idiotic advice to others. Well, we got what others have had, and suprise! we didn't like it.

the point im makeing is...i know this....others know this....ALOT ARE STILL DENYING IT...no matter how much i post WAKE UP PEOPLE....and offer proof!! such as .....THIS VIDEO!!...

the point im makeing is...i know this....others know this....ALOT ARE STILL DENYING IT...no matter how much i post WAKE UP PEOPLE....and offer proof!! such as .....THIS VIDEO!!...

You know I love ya right Chris? The reason many still deny it is the way that the "truth" is shown. Not everyone believes in conspiracy theories or false flags, etc.. You/we can't shove this stuff down people's throats or we'll be treated like Jehovah's Witnesses.. Nobody wants to talk to people like that. If people don't want to believe this stuff, there isn't anything you can do.

I'll sleep at night knowing that I have an open mind, and am aware to judge for myself what I believe, see on the news, internet, etc. Some folks don't want to know the truth. They sleep better not knowing.

Back