New bike, new mods

gfunko

Registered
Just posting a few pics of my recent 2012 Hayabusa that I bought. Just had the initial service done on Saturday (I would have done it myself but don't want any reason for them NOT to accept my warranty). Came straight home and wrenched on the bike for my first set of modes. Bike currently is at 740+ miles and I promised myself as much as I wanted to do the mods the same night I came home with the bike, I wouldn't do the mods till after my first service, which in my opinion is a true test of character when you have a gang of parts chillin in your garage from day one :laugh:

Mods:
-Lowering Triple Trees (from All Things Chrome)
-Soupy's Adjustable Lowering Links
-Hotbodies Megaphone Exhaust (painted black - still beyond me why they do not offer an anodized or painted version of the pipe). I needed to dent the left side to account for the shifter and kickstand
-T-Rex Racing adjustable kickstand
-removed rear fender, added a side mount license plate holder
-Modified oem seat with a gelpad from ebay (knoplace gel). Same idea of 'shaving' the seat but replacing the cut foam with the gel pad. Simple mod and only took about 2 episodes of Family Guy
-Removed nose and tail decals

more to come...

Hayabusa.jpg

Hayabusa (Side).jpg

Hayabusa (Rear).jpg

Hayabusa (Left).jpg

Hayabusa (Exhaust).jpg

Looking good mang, now think about powder coating those passenger pegs and brackets and rear set and front pegs black.

No doubt. I had thought about getting new rearsets as well...but I don't mind the 'busa pegs, just need them in black :-)

Nice work, beautiful 'Busa. I just bought a '12 LE, who makes the windscreen you have? Really fits the fairing nicely. How much of a drop is that? Thank's

Just posting a few pics of my recent 2012 Hayabusa that I bought. Just had the initial service done on Saturday (I would have done it myself but don't want any reason for them NOT to accept my warranty). Came straight home and wrenched on the bike for my first set of modes. Bike currently is at 740+ miles and I promised myself as much as I wanted to do the mods the same night I came home with the bike, I wouldn't do the mods till after my first service, which in my opinion is a true test of character when you have a gang of parts chillin in your garage from day one :laugh:

Mods:
-Lowering Triple Trees (from All Things Chrome)
-Soupy's Adjustable Lowering Links
-Hotbodies Megaphone Exhaust (painted black - still beyond me why they do not offer an anodized or painted version of the pipe). I needed to dent the left side to account for the shifter and kickstand
-T-Rex Racing adjustable kickstand
-removed rear fender, added a side mount license plate holder
-Modified oem seat with a gelpad from ebay (knoplace gel). Same idea of 'shaving' the seat but replacing the cut foam with the gel pad. Simple mod and only took about 2 episodes of Family Guy
-Removed nose and tail decals

more to come...

what's that metal deflector plate on the back of swinging arm, need to remove that. its acting as an air-brake, otherwise cool bike

edit post..... side license plate, that would normally reserved for Hardley Movinsons :laugh:

Man, if you powdercoated black the rear passenger pegs, and the front pegs (or just got a new upgraded set in black) that thing would look deadly!!

Very nice. I think the lowered gen2s look way better with a little extension, just makes the tail look better. Also love the time frame- 2 episodes of family guy :rofl:

Gotta get those levers, rear sets and passenger mounts powder coated black to totally black out that busa :thumbsup:

Nice work, beautiful 'Busa. I just bought a '12 LE, who makes the windscreen you have? Really fits the fairing nicely. How much of a drop is that? Thank's

Got the windscreen from ebay. I was skeptical at first since it was coming from China and have had issues with fitment and shipping price, but overall pretty happy with it. The seller was Divinity Motors I think? They usually have a logo of a black dragon on all their pictures. PM me if you want me to look one up for you? I think its about a 2 or 2.5 drop?

Back