Attention 2013 Bash Attendees-Newbies PLEASE READ

Lycan

Emerging from slumber...
Donating Member
Registered
Hello Gang,

It is almost that time again and anticipation grows with every weekend awaiting the Spring Bash. As it seems I have inherited this yearly thread, I will post as I do every year, and every year with new additions.

Please READ ESPECIALLY if it's your FIRST time at the Bash and FOLLOW.

Let's recap for the newbs....

1. If you are RIDING down, be safe, take breaks especially as you get near to Robbinsville, once in the area the roads are more challenging and hard to travel if you're exhausted.

2. Bring money. If you didnt pre-pay for food, pay as you go will be available and ALWAYS tip the cook(Grumpy)

3. Bring your alcohol, it's a DRY COUNTY so no readily available drinks.

4. Bring rain gear and warm clothes for the night time, gets chilly in there mountains... thus the fire pit.

5. ATGATT, cannot emphasize this enough, we have seen MANY go down at the bashes, and if YOU happen to be one of them this year you will thank your upright walking God that you wore the correct gear, and be cursing the decision NOT to. IF you go down we ONLY want your pride hurt and nothing else, we can mend that with beer...

6. Help as you would want to be helped, you will see people attack the trailers when they pull up, lend a hand unloading bikes, it's kind of a bash tradition.

7. Say Hello! no one wears "Hello My name is" tags you're gonna have to walk up to people and introduce yourself...don't be shy, this is 1 reason why you're going. And please address MC Mustang as "Sir", especially whe he asks you to do something Ace however, likes to be called "Puddin", GixerHp is known as "Frodo" and Grumpy is usually referred to as "Boss".

8. Volunteer! Tons of stuff gets done behind the scenes and USUALLY the rookies got dish duty so check in and help the efforts, Yup we have ALL done kitchen duty and have been Bash B*&tches, so now it may be your turn. Additionally, there will ALWAYS be some kind of wrenching to be done, hands can help there too.

9. Do NOT litter, we love Mrs. Reba, she loves us, let's keep it that way.

10. Do NOT make yourself a nuissance at the Phillips or expect a fellow orgster to call you on it, any questions? See number 9.

11. Plan, plan, plan...if youre not an all day challenged rider, don't volunteer to go on rides that will take all day. There's plenty of riding to be done near the Dragon, but if your skill sets will not tolerate a long ride don't do it, no sweat, ride locally and don't stress others out by having them babysit you on a long ride.

12. I don't care how good a rider you are, TAKE YOUR TIME, many of our A class riders didn't got screaming ballz out at the Dragon the 1st time they got there, take a few laps w someone or a group before you go trying to rip the roads open.

13. RIDE YOUR RIDE!!!!!!! Do NOT be forced (by your own mind) into keeping up with people who's skill sets MAY be better than yours, just enjoy the roads and ride WITHIN your abilities.

14. Remember the basics, tire pressure, hot brake fluid, cold tires etc, all these rules apply here too, ride with these same rules of the road in mind.

15. Don't disappear all day without checking in w someone, we worry and tend to have a mental inventory of who's going where and when they should reasonably expect to return and when you don't we worry and don't drink as much, which ruins our time

16. Take TONS of pics, you will regret not having pictures to share and post later because you forgot your camera.

17. NO WRECKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are always striving to make the Bash an "Accident free" activity....try your best to keep that standard going.

18. Cigarette Butts- If you flick 'em go pick them up or deal with a seasoned Org member who will confront you on it. Seriously let's not be ghetto.:thumbsup:

19. NO BURN OUTS..or deal with an Org member

20. ICE-In Case of Emergency-Please make sure someone has access to that information in case something happens to you.

21. Carry a cell phone with you and program the number to the Phillips so if something goes down you can call the hotel and rescue will come for you. (Thanks skydvr):laugh:

22. Ride w another bike, just good sense if it's your first time, trust me people will want to ride with you if you ask.

23. DON'T BE LATE for the photo on Saturday AM; it's like herding cats to get everyone there at the same time, and all the bikes lined up, just then a slow BLACK or WHITE bike shows up because they are SOO SLOW and wants to get fitted into the lineup (Thanks skydvr):laugh:

24. Don't drink more than you can handle or control yourself with, or you may get surprised in the morning.:laugh:

25. Don't pet the bears in the forest...yeah they're cute but hungry.:please:

26. IF someone goes down, try to be as present, helpful and supportive as possible. It's NEVER a good time for anyone, just try and help as much as you can with what you can, its the spirit of the Org.

27. Yes there's Police there...they know The Org comes to town and typically, if not too crazy, they look the other way if we get a little fast, but DO NOT abuse the leeway DO NOT mistake kindness for weakness and respect the LEO's when you see them.

28 Hey guess what! There's actually people who LIVE in Robbinsville, please be courteous, kind to the residents, school buses, slow drivers etc, it's THEIR town not yours Let's make sure we are always welcome back.

Have a GREAT time. There's tons to see, awesome roads to ride, great people to meet and collectively, those Org members who have been there in the past would like you to have the same awesome experience they have had over the years.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...and for God's sakes, let's be careful out there.
Lycan

You mean we can't show our tits, toss beads, pee in corners and vomit anywhere we want?

Guess Vabs is out.

All good stuff though. Thanks

We know its in a Dry county Mountainous region...All the rules but we don't know where it is...re-reading maybe Ill find it.. or drive around some mountains looking for some Mrs Reba that likes Hayabusa's...

I've got to go some year, and I will. Raptor is at Lee's right now for some serious speed tuning though...

Angel, as always- you bring a smile and levity to a serious topic! But probably the most important thing you said, is remember to call Grumpy "Boss"... He who controls the grub, controls the universe!!!

- MC is in charge of all power cords. And when he sounds off, you will all know it :)

- Sir Dropsalot is in charge of parking.

- Be VERY CAREFUL RIDING YOUR BIKE ON THE SLOPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL; several riders have made a hard turn in the lot, only to realize they can no longer reach the ground on the downhill foot....

- MC is in charge of all power cords. And when he sounds off, you will all know it :)

- Sir Dropsalot is in charge of parking.

- Be VERY CAREFUL RIDING YOUR BIKE ON THE SLOPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL; several riders have made a hard turn in the lot, only to realize they can no longer reach the ground on the downhill foot....

True on all counts! But the slope is no joke. Flicka is the only person that I have ever watched make the turn without holding my breath!

There won't be much that will need to be done to at bike that can't be done to your bike while at the Bash. If it can't be fixed at the Philips then there is always Wheelers; if it can't be fixed between the two, your bike shouldn't be there.

Oil, parts, hyd fluid, etc. will be there in abundance. Someone will have what you need- just make sure and ask!

Well thanks for Number 2, But Dave and I are not going this time!

Back