Tattoo Artist?

GNBRETT

Registered
so ive been wanting a tattoo for quite some time now. I want one that covers my chest and back. im a virgin....:laugh: got nothn now and have had my eye on YANG from East tattoo for quite some time now.

I think he is the best Oriental tattoo artist on the planet.

he is in Taiwan but is recommended by Paul Booth who is bar none the the words best dark tattoo artist. what do u guys think of this guys work? and who else might you suggest?

and yes I am a fan or Oriental tattoos.

l-2.jpg

l-3.jpg

l-1.jpg

l-4.jpg

l.jpg

Hey he deff does good work. You should check out lucky soul in woodbridge they are amazing there. Talk to a girl named tracy she does all my work and my wifes work. If you tell her i sent you she will take care of you. Only thing is she gets booked pretty fast.

it is nice work for sure. the only problem I would see is getting him to do it all. You would either need to be there for a while or make several visits if you were getting something that does full back/chest, I mean unless you are like 3'6" or something :laugh:

The outlining for something that massive would probably day a full day or two for one side depending on your pain tolerance, then it has to heal before you do the color/shading bits. Probably would not want to get the back and front done at the same time unless you just enjoy pain.

Lots of good tattoo folks in NYC, I've not used any but maybe someone in the US has studied with your guy and can do an equally great job of it?

Do you know what you are going to get done?

There's gotta be some quality artists in NY. Just do your homework and find which 1 is right for you. Somebody might be an amazing artist but doesn't mesh with your personality. Think about it....... You are going to have to spend hours upon hours with this person for quite some time to complete the amount of work your talking about. Don't want it to be awkward or uncomfortable silence because you have nothing in common and @ least carry on a random conversation. You also might want to get a small or medium sized tattoo 1st just to get the feel of the needle. I know guys who played sports through broken bones, fractures, and such who thought they had a very high tolerance 4 pain. Then when they got in the chair and needle was put to skin they turned pale and almost passed out.........

yea im well aware that I will likely be there for 4-5 days cause obviously I cannot fly back n fourth to complete what I need done. I really have not decided on exactly what I want done and that is the most frustrating part.

I know there are other really great tattoo artists here in the states but I just havent found one that does really great Oriental stuff like this guy does. he is in a league all by himself imo when it comes to Oriental and considering its a pretty poor country the prices are cheap for the amount of work I want done. here in the states to have a full chest and back could be $5-6k or more depending on who you go with.

yea im well aware that I will likely be there for 4-5 days cause obviously I cannot fly back n fourth to complete what I need done. I really have not decided on exactly what I want done and that is the most frustrating part.

I know there are other really great tattoo artists here in the states but I just havent found one that does really great Oriental stuff like this guy does. he is in a league all by himself imo when it comes to Oriental and considering its a pretty poor country the prices are cheap for the amount of work I want done. here in the states to have a full chest and back could be $5-6k or more depending on who you go with.

Are you sure on that timeline? I would think you'd need to get the outline done, then go back for shading after it healed. I have friends with huge tats and they work on them over a month to make sure they have the lines/colors just right. Could be they are total puspants or broke but I've never had to accuse them of either. Would hate for you to fly 1/2 way around the world and find you can't finish. You do NOT want to be the guy with the minitar tat on the geico commercial :laugh:

Are you sure on that timeline? I would think you'd need to get the outline done, then go back for shading after it healed. I have friends with huge tats and they work on them over a month to make sure they have the lines/colors just right. Could be they are total puspants or broke but I've never had to accuse them of either. Would hate for you to fly 1/2 way around the world and find you can't finish. You do NOT want to be the guy with the minitar tat on the geico commercial :laugh:
lol. well, plenty of large tattos (full backs) have been done at tattoo conventions so it is possible. but I will enquire about that for sure. thanx.

u really had to go there with geico didnt u. I hate those f-en comercials. I want to feed that little lizard to my cat....:banghead::laugh:

there is no other way about it...pick a design that you want...let the artist do his / her thing to discuss what is possible and go from there...a piece that big is expensive and painful (it gets old after a few hours). With a piece that large you can have a bunch of small designs hidden in the big piece...multiple colors / shading can make a nice design even better...it feels like a bunch of pissed off bees saying hello

I actually have a topical that works FAR better the Emla. its made at the Beverly Hills compounding pharmacy of Beverly hills. its actually used by plastic surgeons for out patient procedures.

20% benzicane, 8% lidocaine and 4% tetrocaine. once that stuff is applied u could take a blow tourch to ur skin and ud fell absolutely nothing. yea im a big sissy. I have no intention of sitting thru hours of touture when I can feel nothing....:laugh:

you cant get anything stronger then this formula anywhere on the planet! it starts to break down if made any stronger. its the best there is. why ppl sit thru hours of torture is beyond me. especially on ur rib cage or back where its quite sensitive.

u do need a script for it tho but no big deal. its about $100 a bottle or $150 for (2) bottles.

honestly I'm impressed that you managed to keep a thread with neked azzes going this long, in the old days you'da had them yanked :laugh:

Back