Frank
Donating Member
Registered
:whistle:

DSCN1010.jpg

DSCN1011.jpg

DSCN1012.jpg

DSCN1013.jpg

So is this one just getting upgrades? I thought I read that the owner posted something about a bigger turbo

So is this one just getting upgrades? I thought I read that the owner posted something about a bigger turbo

This is a 1/2 stud motor, Wossner turbo pistons, ported head with +1mm exhaust valves, bigger turbo, bigger injectors, 4-bar microtech, water injection, etc. . . :laugh:

ok im not a hater. but I dont understand the new comp turbo's.. I know they dont use oil. but friction like a piston and friction how would this work in a turbo with the moving parts? over time wouldn't that be bad? wouldn't you want oil? my instincts say danger danger.. someone please explain how this is good? I really dont understand.. this is a honest question so please don't take it as talkin crap..

ok im not a hater. but I dont understand the new comp turbo's.. I know they dont use oil. but friction like a piston and friction how would this work in a turbo with the moving parts? over time wouldn't that be bad? wouldn't you want oil? my instincts say danger danger.. someone please explain how this is good? I really dont understand.. this is a honest question so please don't take it as talkin crap..

PB, this is not an oil less turbo. This Comp turbo uses a feed and drain line like most turbos out there now. We would not recommend an oil-free turbo for a street bike, anyway. The Comp oil free turbos are being tested now and until they are entirely proven, I would only use them in situations where the turbo is too low to drain properly, or mounted sideways or some other kind of silly situation. For now, I would stick with what I know works and only "test" new things on my own bikes . . .:whistle:

Comp turbos are available in many configurations, such as standard bronze bearings, triple ceramic bearings, billet compressor wheels, standard oil lubricated and oil less, the oil less get their name due to the fact they do not require oil from the engine to lubricate the bearings and seals. However they are lubricated, the center cartridge has a lubricant in it, however it is only rated to 700 degrees, so water cooling the cartridge becomes necessary, which for some applications is far easier and more reliable then trusting a scavenge pump to return the oil from a low hanging turbo back into the engine.

Richard

Back