New battery, couldn't believe the difference..

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
WOW, my original battery (2008) lost it's charge over the winter and I decided that I needed to get a new one.. I ordered a Shorai battery because of the reviews that I had read on them here.. I got the box and even though I had read posts that the battery was light I couldn't believe how light it was. I opened the box and sure enough it was in there.. The battery almost feels like a toy because of years of being used to lead / acid. The battery actually comes in an oversized box with padding so you can use it to fill the gaps between the factory battery box and the new smaller battery. Mine came with a couple of decals, the hardware, plenty of foam to mix and match whatever you might need and an instruction manual.. I will try to get the battery installed this weekend, I am thinking about not using the foam and making a sub battery box so I can have some extra storage...

Cap

KNG_2208.jpg

KNG_2209.jpg

KNG_2210.jpg

KNG_2211.jpg

KNG_2212.jpg

KNG_2208.jpg

KNG_2209.jpg

KNG_2210.jpg

KNG_2211.jpg

KNG_2212.jpg

Li-Fe batteries are the best thing to happen to motorcycles. They are not just smaller and lighter, the cranking power is amazing.

I have one in the busa and one in the gixxer. Love the weight savings and the extra CCA's too! :cheerleader:

I'm wondering about their life span too. Not such good reviews coming from the dirt bike/dual sport side of things about the Shorai batteries. Between price, questionable service life (and some reports of less than stellar customer service), no need for more CCA, and the thought of paying $50-$80 more to save 3lbs on a 550lbs bike.. Think another Yuasa is in my future.:whistle:

Wonder if it will last 5 years like the Yuasa did? That would suck to spend that much and not last as long.
From what I've read these batteries are suppose to go 8 plus years and can sit for nearly a year without a charge and fire the bike.

can you still use typical chargers / battery tender with that part# ?
You can, but battery tender has developed a charger for this battery. Also these batteries can sit a long time without requiring a charge.

Back