Good cheap chain and sprocket kit.

chowda633

Registered
Looking for a good cheap chain and sprocket kit for my stock busa. I do a decent amount of wheeling with it, its my "beater bike" compared to the turbo one. I ended up putting a sun sprocket in the front -1 for power wheelies and some fun. I don't know the miles on the chain so its time for it too go. Seems to keep stretching on me so I rather be safe than sorry.

Here is the thing, if someone offers me the right price I will let it go. I am in no rush to sell it but I may if the money is right. I have no real plan for it since the turbo one does a lot of time on the stands getting work and more mods. I would like to buy it as a chain and sprocket kit, just put it on and go.

Looked at the D.I.D Chains but can't seem to find a good -1 down setup. Also should I go + in the back? To help get it up a little easier? Its a Canadian busa with about 50k or so on it. It was used as a highway busa traveling around Canada before I got it. Runs MINT synthetic oil only etc. Has a power commander and some other tasteful mods.

Again not trying to spend a arm and a leg just something to get me through the season unsure of what I am going to do with the bike at this point. Because the turbo one is so much I end up riding this one like a 600!

Any thoughts appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh

I dont know if there is such a thing as a "Good Cheap Chain and sprocket kit"? If you go cheap on a knock off chain it will stretch just like your last chain and a cheap set of sprockets wont last too long either. Maybe on a 600 you can get away with something like that but dealing with the busa and its weight and power going cheap on the drive train might not be a good idea IMO :whistle:

Dont skimp on the chain and sprockets, thats like skimping on the breaks of the turbo bike. Look in the sponser section and contact Tim @ Pashnit and Justin @ Honda East...Both of them will sell you quality kits for dam near the price of the cheep knock off sets from Ebay.

Cheap Chain for a 1300 CC sportbike 80.00
Trashed Engine Cases due to chain or sprocket failure 2500.00

"aint my ride"

865,823,984,831,27 reason not to buy a used motorcycle.

Since you are doing tricks you should get a supersprox rear sprocket. Good price and very durable. You can find good chains on eBay. 114 links is all you need.

I dont know if there is such a thing as a "Good Cheap Chain and sprocket kit"? If you go cheap on a knock off chain it will stretch just like your last chain and a cheap set of sprockets wont last too long either. Maybe on a 600 you can get away with something like that but dealing with the busa and its weight and power going cheap on the drive train might not be a good idea IMO :whistle:

Ha your right good and cheap should not be in the same sentence.

Since you are doing tricks you should get a supersprox rear sprocket. Good price and very durable. You can find good chains on eBay. 114 links is all you need.

Like this idea. What about the D.I.D chains?

I ride this bike hard but I try to take care of it as well maintenance wise. I ate all the teeth off the front sprocket last year so I put on a sun to finish out the season. I can't remember what was on there but it was 1 down from stock. I did not notice the 1 down in the top end at all.

A good quality chain, definately.
A STEEL rear sprocket, ebay has those.
Try a +3 rear for easier wheelies too.

A stock length chain will also fit a -1 front, a +3 rear, or the 2 combined.

at the risk of sounding stupid, why stunt a Busa? Seems like there are cheaper, lighter, and better bikes for doing that sorta thing...

at the risk of sounding stupid, why stunt a Busa? Seems like there are cheaper, lighter, and better bikes for doing that sorta thing...

Why not?
It worked for me.
There is no lighter and better in stuntbikes, it's stunt and ride any bike any time.
It's whatever you like to ride, and he says he has a beater Busa already.

Why not?
It worked for me.
There is no lighter and better in stuntbikes, it's stunt and ride any bike any time.
It's whatever you like to ride, and he says he has a beater Busa already.

I know what you'd trying to say but that made no sense. There's a reason you don't see busas at stunt shows. There's definitely lighter and better stunt bikes. That's the equivalent of saying there's no lighter and better track bike because you race what you have

I know what you'd trying to say but that made no sense. There's a reason you don't see busas at stunt shows. There's definitely lighter and better stunt bikes. That's the equivalent of saying there's no lighter and better track bike because you race what you have

Yeah, I guess what I mean to ask is if you're going to by a bike just to stunt with, why would you choose a Busa? What features of the busa make it desirable (if any) for that purpose...for instance, I know that people used to love stunting the old 900RRs, since they have a very short wheelbase and a decent amount of torque, and the F4is are known for having very strong front forks...etc

Not so.
The main reason you don't see Busas at stunt shows is the same excuse that they can't corner either, or wheelie to begin with(we know that's no true too).
A lighter track bike is of course beneficial because you are trying to move as fast and as quickly as possible.
However, the average stunts/stunt show typically aren't about speed, so it's not a fair comparison.
You would be suprised how a heavy bike wheelies and manuvers on one wheel compared to a lighter bike.
Sure you feel the weight, but it's more forgiving too. As in, you can flick a light bike to the ground with ease. A heavy bike is a little slower to move around, and takes a little more umph to get it to do what you want...at least at low speed, where it is more noticeable when balancing side to side.
Under certain circumstances and stunts it's just easier to manuver a lighter bike(no matter what you're doing with it).
But, when speed isn't a factor, and extra weight is considered to be harder to manuver...then it takes that much more strength and skill to accomplish the same.
Stunting is about skill, right? So step it up. You see guys stunting Harleys don't you? I can tell you that they aren't any harder to wheelie, other than being heavy and usually underpowered.
Just because the majority of stunters chose to take the easiest route doesn't mean it's the best...just that it's considered easier.
Big sprocketed stunt caged 600's are fun, but stock sprocketed bikes, or cruisers accomplishing the same is much more impressive looking, even if it's not much harder, other than controlling speed.
I wheelied and stunted a Busa because it was what I was riding at the time, and only because that's what I enjoy doing, never to impress anyone. But, you'de be amazed at so many peoples' reactions to it. I might as well had been flying.
Complete amazement and disbelife, because a Busa can't do that. Yeah right.
As I said, any bike is a stunt bike. The best stuntbike out there is the one the rider prefers to ride.
What I can do on one bike I can do on any bike.:beerchug:

Not so.
The main reason you don't see Busas at stunt shows is the same excuse that they can't corner either, or wheelie to begin with(we know that's no true too).
A lighter track bike is of course beneficial because you are trying to move as fast and as quickly as possible.
However, the average stunts/stunt show typically aren't about speed, so it's not a fair comparison.
You would be suprised how a heavy bike wheelies and manuvers on one wheel compared to a lighter bike.
Sure you feel the weight, but it's more forgiving too. As in, you can flick a light bike to the ground with ease. A heavy bike is a little slower to move around, and takes a little more umph to get it to do what you want...at least at low speed, where it is more noticeable when balancing side to side.
Under certain circumstances and stunts it's just easier to manuver a lighter bike(no matter what you're doing with it).
But, when speed isn't a factor, and extra weight is considered to be harder to manuver...then it takes that much more strength and skill to accomplish the same.
Stunting is about skill, right? So step it up. You see guys stunting Harleys don't you? I can tell you that they aren't any harder to wheelie, other than being heavy and usually underpowered.
Just because the majority of stunters chose to take the easiest route doesn't mean it's the best...just that it's considered easier.
Big sprocketed stunt caged 600's are fun, but stock sprocketed bikes, or cruisers accomplishing the same is much more impressive looking, even if it's not much harder, other than controlling speed.
I wheelied and stunted a Busa because it was what I was riding at the time, and only because that's what I enjoy doing, never to impress anyone. But, you'de be amazed at so many peoples' reactions to it. I might as well had been flying.
Complete amazement and disbelife, because a Busa can't do that. Yeah right.
As I said, any bike is a stunt bike. The best stuntbike out there is the one the rider prefers to ride.
What I can do on one bike I can do on any bike.:beerchug:

Lol whatever you say bro. Stunting isn't riding wheelies. If you can't admit a lighter bike will allow you to do things the busa simply cannot or without a great deal of effort then idk what to say. I've got a sledgehammer ill sell you next time you frame a house.

Lol whatever you say bro. Stunting isn't riding wheelies. If you can't admit a lighter bike will allow you to do things the busa simply cannot or without a great deal of effort then idk what to say. I've got a sledgehammer ill sell you next time you frame a house.

Of course stunting is more than riding wheelies, but if you can't ride one, then you can't do any other stunts. Balance is the foundation. I can also do a little more than ride wheelies.:poke:
I said above that a Busa takes more effort than a lighter bike too, but as far as you saying that there are things it "simply cannot" do, that's just not true.

Of course stunting is more than riding wheelies, but if you can't ride one, then you can't do any other stunts. Balance is the foundation. I can also do a little more than ride wheelies.:poke:
I said above that a Busa takes more effort than a lighter bike too, but as far as you saying that there are things it "simply cannot" do, that's just not true.

I'm no stunner by any stretch of the imagination. But the busa cannot twelve o clock and I'd be willing to bet the weight and wheelbase would prove a lot of low speed stunts to be very hard if not impossible for a lot of people. How many twelve oclock stoppies could the forks take?I remember reading a lot of the stunt articles when it became big, people wanted the new bikes for weight reasons If all we had were the heavy steel frame big engine oil cooled bikes of yesterday the stunt game wouldn't be where it is today.

Im sure in the most capable hands you can do a lot of things possibly all the same, but there's now way the guys that make a living doing stunt shows are going to use a bigger bike for any reason other than a gimmick. Look at motor cross two strokes are a thing of the past. People still do tricks with them though because that slight weight advantage will allow them to do some things they otherwise could not. I realize its aerial vs ground but same thing applies IMHO. Working harder doesn't make you better when the guy next to you is doing the exact same thing with less effort. Had an old guy tell me a long time ago when I used to lift heavy **** all the time. Gotta be stupid to be tough lol

Back