Wanting to buy a busa in Dallas

pwr_wrx

Registered
Hey everyone,

Im new to this forum and new to busas. Always loved the hayabusa and recently got the busa bug and really want one. Been riding for last ten years (92 cbr F2 600, 02 cbr 929, 03 Shadow 750, and currently have a 03 600rr). Im trying to sell my bike and pick up a busa and i have gone and seen a couple and i am planning on looking at a few more. I will post the links and some info so if anyone could give me advice on things to look for and things to avoid it would be very helpful.

2006 with 7300 miles for $4900. Main issue is its salvage title. The guy said the previous owner dropped it and the insurance company salvaged the bike because the left side fairing was damaged. So he bought it back from the insurance and replaced the fairing and stator cover. The rest is all original. I dont understand y the insurance would salvage a bike for such little damage?? is there a way to confirm this because i dont want to end up getting a bike with frame damage
2006 Hayabusa

2007 with 35k mi for $4990. It sounds fishy that he replaced the motor at 35k miles since the busa engines are known to be very strong and long lasting.
07 suzuki hayabusa with new engine

2005 with 1400 mi for $7000. Just saw this today. Its in excellent condition but didnt get to hear it run since the battery was dead from the bike being tucked away for a while. He said he took it around the block a week ago to get the oil flowing etc. Has minor scuffs on the right side and deep scratches on the side view mirror. Other than that it looks like mint condition. But i dont really like the red/blk paint scheme. Really want white but cant seem to find many around
@@ SUZUKI HAYABUSA 1300 GSX1300R ALMOST NEW @@

2005 with 16k on bike and 4k on built motor for $7000. Looks clean but havent seen it in person yet. Will check it out on sunday after im back from htown. Not sure about getting a bike with built motor, havent even driven a stock busa yet!! Dont want to end up with mechanical issues that will cost me $$$ He said High Five Cycles in richardson built the bike. Anyone every experience their work? Another pro for this bike is that he will do a trade for my cbr plus cash. This way i dont have to worry about selling my bike.
05 Suzuki hayabusa

2006 with 11k miles for $6500 in houston. Its been repainted so im assuming its been layed down. Owner said its clean title
2006 SUZUKI HAYABUSA AT TEXOTIC MOTORSPORTS

2003 with 22k miles for $5800. Its an hr east of houston :( Like the color and it looks clean
Suzuki Hayabusa

any advice and help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Salman

Welcome. It sounds like you know what to look for. Salvage for a fairing? BS. Built motor for your first Busa. Smart man. Keep looking and get yourself a well cares for gen II. The white ones are a little slower but they will get you by.

Welcome. It sounds like you know what to look for. Salvage for a fairing? BS. Built motor for your first Busa. Smart man. Keep looking and get yourself a well cares for gen II. The white ones are a little slower but they will get you by.

:) not much of a speeder so the bike being slower doesn't matter to me. The only thing about the built motor is the mechanical aspect not really the power aspect. Don't think I've even taken a bike above 8k rpm so I'm not worried about the power being too much. Just worried about mechanical issues. Should I do a compression test to see how good the motor runs?

@twotonevert

I really like the gen I busas that's y I'm looking at them. They r cheaper, lighter, and I like the look better. Plus I will guess that parts are cheaper!

@m_ridgeway

Can you give me the specs of ur bike and price?

@ky busa

Thanks

What do you guys think about this?
Hayabusa 2005

Im thinking of picking it up this weekend. Only issues are that the owner bought it from an auction and all the fairings were replaced by the previous owner. But he said its clean title so hopefully no big issues. Also he said hes never had a issue in the last 4 yrs with it. All stock except lowered 1 inch. Anyone in san antonio want to take a look at this bike for me so i dont drive 6 hrs and find out its not worth it

Hey everyone,

Im new to this forum and new to busas. Always loved the hayabusa and recently got the busa bug and really want one. Been riding for last ten years (92 cbr F2 600, 02 cbr 929, 03 Shadow 750, and currently have a 03 600rr). Im trying to sell my bike and pick up a busa and i have gone and seen a couple and i am planning on looking at a few more. I will post the links and some info so if anyone could give me advice on things to look for and things to avoid it would be very helpful.

2006 with 7300 miles for $4900. Main issue is its salvage title. The guy said the previous owner dropped it and the insurance company salvaged the bike because the left side fairing was damaged. So he bought it back from the insurance and replaced the fairing and stator cover. The rest is all original. I dont understand y the insurance would salvage a bike for such little damage?? is there a way to confirm this because i dont want to end up getting a bike with frame damage
2006 Hayabusa

Busa bodywork can be VERY expensive, so if they damaged the upper, lower, tail, and a couple other things, it's entire possible that it would salvage out....that said, I dont know if thats the case or not.

2007 with 35k mi for $4990. It sounds fishy that he replaced the motor at 35k miles since the busa engines are known to be very strong and long lasting.
07 suzuki hayabusa with new engine

Yeah...it's possible to have needed a replacement motor, but a little odd....if he's got documentation for the engine swap, it might be a ok deal though.

2005 with 1400 mi for $7000. Just saw this today. Its in excellent condition but didnt get to hear it run since the battery was dead from the bike being tucked away for a while. He said he took it around the block a week ago to get the oil flowing etc. Has minor scuffs on the right side and deep scratches on the side view mirror. Other than that it looks like mint condition. But i dont really like the red/blk paint scheme. Really want white but cant seem to find many around
@@ SUZUKI HAYABUSA 1300 GSX1300R ALMOST NEW @@

That's a bit high on the price...I picked up my '01 with similar mileage for around $4800.

2005 with 16k on bike and 4k on built motor for $7000. Looks clean but havent seen it in person yet. Will check it out on sunday after im back from htown. Not sure about getting a bike with built motor, havent even driven a stock busa yet!! Dont want to end up with mechanical issues that will cost me $$$ He said High Five Cycles in richardson built the bike. Anyone every experience their work? Another pro for this bike is that he will do a trade for my cbr plus cash. This way i dont have to worry about selling my bike.
05 Suzuki hayabusa

This might be an interesting option, but paperwork, paperwork, PAPERWORK! The difference between a great deal and a basketcase if how well documented the mods are, imo.

2006 with 11k miles for $6500 in houston. Its been repainted so im assuming its been layed down. Owner said its clean title
2006 SUZUKI HAYABUSA AT TEXOTIC MOTORSPORTS

$6500 seems like a bit much if its been layed down, but the quality of the work might justify that...

2003 with 22k miles for $5800. Its an hr east of houston :( Like the color and it looks clean
Suzuki Hayabusa

Should be able to haggle this down a bit...I picked up my '03 with 34K (with a documented engine rebuild @ 32K) for $4500...

any advice and help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Salman[/QUOTE

Back