Almost got my bike stolen today.

superchargedv8

Registered
Class is finishing up and i walk out to the bike to head home. I get on the bike and this older gentleman parked nearby gets off his truck and asks me if its my bike and i say "yeah". He goes on to tell me that while he was reclined back in his seat taking a nap in his truck he woke up to my alarm blazing and as soon as he sits up he sees three guys trying to pick up my bike and put it in there truck!!! The thieves freak out and take off leaving my bike behind. The gentleman witnessed the whole thing and stayed there until i came out...THANK GOD...or else id be bike-less right now.

WoW! That would've sucked. Must be some strong three guys to pick up a big ol busa...it's sad what's out in this world, just gotta be cautious at all times! Stories like this is why I never park my bike out of my view no matter what! Heard too many stories of people's bikes being tipped over by people who hate bikes, scratched fairings by pissed off people, kids sitting on bike to go "vroom vroom" while parents supervise and think its okay, etc etc!

Fantastic! That man should be on your Christmas list. I might have to think about adding an alarm to my Christmas list. What city do you live in?

I hope, if they come back, you're around so you can beat the shizz out of them. Glad they didn't get her!

It only takes 2 average guys to lift a busa & throw it on a pick up truck or put it in a van. Consider yourself lucky. What type of alarm did you have?

examples:

- YouTube[/url]

My Motorcycle Got Stolen Less Then 15 Seconds - YouTube[/url]

long does it take to steal a motorcycle? - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
That video is nuts. Poor Busa. Glad the guy got them on video and that he caught them in the act!

Can you imagine the rage you would feel catching them in the act?

Talk about violence, I would FLIP!

WoW didn't know it was that easy to steal....felt a little comfort that our busas are heavy but that obviously doesn't mean squat to thieves....yup, ill stick to my ways...if I can't see it, I'm not taking it :laugh:

Yeah you gotta have an alarm or at least a disc lock to make em hesistate if not for a spilt second. Maybe somebody will take note and interfere or at least grab a plate number. Seriously making me consider getting 1 of those kryptonite bike chains and running it through the wheel to some kind of fixed object when I go to public places :banghead:

after hearing your story and watching the videos, im going to order myself an alarm.....THANKS....:thumbsup:

I have a alarm and the tether kill.. I set and pull the tether.and carry a .45 . the chain lock all they have to do is take your tire off.

It only takes 2 average guys to lift a busa & throw it on a pick up truck or put it in a van. Consider yourself lucky. What type of alarm did you have?

examples:

- YouTube[/url]

My Motorcycle Got Stolen Less Then 15 Seconds - YouTube[/url]

long does it take to steal a motorcycle? - YouTube[/url]

I must be a runt then :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
i actually have the sr900 alarm not the 500...but yeah im gunna look around to see if i can chain it to something if not then im no longer taking it.

when I park mine in a parking lot I chain it to the rim of the car next to me. If the car owner gets there before I do its an added bonus that someone is now watching it

Back