Front and rear sprockets (Advice)

Glockworkorang3

Registered
Hi everyone,
I have researched about sprockets and still want to back up my info. I have a 07 gen1 looking to change sprockets from (OEM 17) front -1/ (OEM 40) rear +2..believing this will give me more take off and little less top end? will this effect anything with a 8"over SA stretch ?

Thanks for any advice

Idk about the 8" stretch but I recently switched to a 16/42 set up on my gen1 and its been lights out!!!!!! Acceleration is crazy, bike pulls so hard through every gear. My guess is I lose some on my top speed but seriously its a busa, you have speed to lose :whistle:

16/43 works great and I have literally a new setup here a light rider tried and it was to much for him. :rofl: I'll sell both sprockets shipped tyd, and they have a trip to the store and back on a new chain so no issues. I'll take $75 tyd for pair..

I had an 07 last year and went -1 front +2 rear w/ about 11"stretch and it was awesome! snap of the wrist and it was nice. no worries about front wheel coming up just straight torque/low end power. bike in my avatar pic is the bike

Not much on dropping the front, but I'm not an expert. I would just go up 3 in the rear.

Not much on dropping the front, but I'm not an expert. I would just go up 3 in the rear.

I was wondering about that, I'm down one in the front, when I'm cruising my rpms are turning higher, would plus 3 do the same with the acceleration?

Sent from my busa.

16/43 works great and I have literally a new setup here a light rider tried and it was to much for him. :rofl: I'll sell both sprockets shipped tyd, and they have a trip to the store and back on a new chain so no issues. I'll take $75 tyd for pair..

Interested if you still have them.
530?
Brand?

In case you opt to go with SuperSprox kit:

7426159944_f61be929c6_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do much/mostly highway cruising you're probably not gonna like the jump in rpms at your usual cruising speed,i went from 17/40 to 17/43 on my Gen I and after a summer went to an 18/43 just to get the rpms back down.

Gearing definitely plays a different roll depending on rider weight along with power/torque!!!

Im 220lb suited and I have a buddy thats 145lb suited... Runnning one of our friends busa thats a 1397cc I can get away with running a 17/43 gearing
image_zpse0dd5973.jpg

here his with a 17/41
image_zpsce2884ae.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back