2 mods done today

Trunk mod you did is next for me too. Working my way back to the rear. Any tips? You use a dremel to cut? Anything specific to seal?

It was pretty straight forward using Sixpacks write up, find the container I did really helped, it just fit right in, it was about 8x13, put a pic of its top in the other reply. I didt seal anything, the container went up pretty high, I'll probly go back with some silicone and do the corners, just in case.

Ok, my undertail is off, took like 3 seconds which is great cause I thought it'd be a bish. Now, ya'll have nice, square looking boxes from the pics but looking at my undertail..... What ALL on the undertail did you cut off for this mod? On these pics, you can see that its thinner, then expands out a little, then goes back into the thinner part...... Can you post a little more detailed pics? I'm asking about where you cut to make it square compared to these pics

100_2201.jpg

100_2202.jpg

100_2203.jpg

100_2204.jpg

Here you go. I used aluminum but that has not proven to be so good. I have had to repair it twice already, so if I was doing it over I would go with a trash can too. Basically you want to cut from the edge of the stock trunk area (right behind the ECU) on back as far as you want to go. I cut along the sides of the stock trunk area too.

Slide30.jpg

Slide31.jpg

Slide32.jpg

Slide33.jpg

the "Trunk Mod" by Sixpack is legendary. hands down my favorite mod for the bus. :thumbsup:

Gee, Thanks Blanca! LOL, so she's a little dusty right now..... she's in the midst of a rebuild.... In Clovis NM......... She'll be clean soon.

Anyways, do I cut to match the outer edges of the raised walls?

Right where the dirt meets the mud. :laugh:

:whistle:

Great job on the mods, It was pretty easy to do when I did mine. I never took mine apart. I cut everything on the bike with an electric knife and trimmed the finish cuts with an razor knife. This is one thing I liked using instead of the bolts. You can get em at Lowes Just a thought

008236715972lg.jpg

This is where I cut to start, then nibbled a bit more to get it just right, the key was the container, it was like it was meant to be. Find the container, and you'll find your answers.
If you look at the stock part, it steps in toward the back, I cut up to the last step. There is another 2in compartment behind the new boxed on trunk.
I'm not home, but ill get a bunch more pics later tonight for ya, so hold off a bit if your not sure.

ForumRunner_20130208_213222.png

ForumRunner_20130208_213222.png

My stock undertail was cut in half when I got the bike......wish i could have had the OEM tail to work with like that

More pics tor Duke, the bin I got looked just like this one, but smaller, it was $3.67 at my local wally world.

ForumRunner_20130208_233204.png

ForumRunner_20130208_233235.png

ForumRunner_20130208_233310.png

ForumRunner_20130208_233204.png

ForumRunner_20130208_233235.png

ForumRunner_20130208_233310.png

Rooster, you got any pics with it installed from the side of your bike? Can you see it hanging down from the side?

Rooster, you got any pics with it installed from the side of your bike? Can you see it hanging down from the side?

Check the last group of pics on the first page, theres a side view of it, If you get eye level, you can see about an inch of it, not noticable from eye level tho.

HA! That's AWESOME! I've been trying to upload the same paint program drawing that you just did!!!

Back