My Busa Overhaul

Since we all know I'm doing all of this myself, I'm starting the painting process tonight. I'll post pics of that work as it goes too. I'm having too much fun with this

217 on C16 brother. I don't have a dog in any fight not trying to start a fight , just trying to get the truth.

No worries DO3. I was just wondering why a 1441 would only push out 200. It sounds like the ZX14r after pipe and tune. Hopefully if anyone is ggoing to do a 1441 be it a Gen I or Gen II they also do the head and cams and really get their moneys worth.

So............. Does anyone know anyone from APE personally? Can't seem to get ahold of anyone there :banghead:.

So............. Does anyone know anyone from APE personally? Can't seem to get ahold of anyone there :banghead:.

Have you tried calling them? Everytime I have called they have answered the phone if they were open

Haven't called because by the time I get off work here, they're closed there and I can't use my phone at work (military):banghead::banghead::banghead:

You might try early in the mornings. I don't know what time you go in to work but they open at 8 am eastern time I think

Well, that's 6 my time so worth a shot. I'll check out the times on the site and try on Monday, doubt their open today but then again, I haven't looked.

Well, that's 6 my time so worth a shot. I'll check out the times on the site and try on Monday, doubt their open today but then again, I haven't looked.

I was surprised to see they opened up early like that. I work 6pm to 6am and usually have to stay up to order parts and I was thinking I had to stay up way past my bedtime to call them. I had got on their website to write down part numbers and the
Phone number so I could just call without getting on the website later and waalaa found out they were open.

Hey hey! Got the swingarm off today! And the four Houndinies in the pix decided to go for a little walk by themselves today which cut deeply into my working time. So, I HAVE decided to go ahead and see about getting the SA welded. IF its a cheaper route, I'm doing that. IF the offers for a swingarm in my inbox is cheaper, I'm doing that. :banghead: I hate decisions.

Anyways, overhaul is still much in work and I keep deciding on new things to do everyday!

Again, thanks for all the help, especially GixxerHP!

100_2122.jpg

100_2123.jpg

100_2124.jpg

100_2125.jpg

100_2126.jpg

100_2127.jpg

100_2128.jpg

100_2129.jpg

100_2130.jpg

100_2131.jpg

100_2132.jpg

100_2133.jpg

100_2094.jpg

100_2095.jpg

100_2096.jpg

100_2097.jpg

To install lowering links....... in the 3 hole part. The LONGEST length between the holes LOWERS the bike, right? Or am I just tarded? I don't have instructions with these so I'm kinda just winging it here

Yes sir!
To install lowering links....... in the 3 hole part. The LONGEST length between the holes LOWERS the bike, right? Or am I just tarded? I don't have instructions with these so I'm kinda just winging it here

I just got through putting the first tape work on her. Next is the side panels and the front fender.

100_2138.jpg

Following thread, just posting so I can keep my spot, great work. I am in the same process, but my money flow is a little slower lol

That's true about the money flow. I'm going at a slow and steady pace and doing everything I can myself. I figure getting it all tore down now, doing all of the labor myself, and then sourcing parts when I have the money (since its 16 here right now and I'm not going to ride in snow anyways) I should be done by mid Feb. More pics are coming, i'm trying to find an aluminum welder right now so I can get the swingarm done. All those "Custom Bike Shops" can ::10 with all their overpriced :bs:. :lol:

Following thread, just posting so I can keep my spot, great work. I am in the same process, but my money flow is a little slower lol

If your welding the swingarm, and have never welded aluminum I would highly recommend letting the shop do it. If the temp isn't just right it could end very badly. Remember the 2007 GSXR1000 recall on the frames splitting apart. The temp was too cold and didn't actually fuse the aluminum, the weld just sat ontop, but it looked great on the outside.
To each his own, but I have welded all types of steel for more than 10 years and I would not weld my own aluminum swing arm and I have access to a aluminum welder.

Back