Whoo Hoo! 2013 Dates for Sportbiketracktime.com

Awesome! I need to discuss the details with CINC House, but I have LOTS of days picked out...

Can I renew my application for the position of: TEAM GIXXER Comedic Relief?

Awesome! I need to discuss the details with CINC House, but I have LOTS of days picked out...

Can I renew my application for the position of: TEAM GIXXER Comedic Relief?

ABSOLUTLEY!

Here are the dates I told Charlie I was going to try to get in on:

March
Barber – (9-10)

April
Barber (27-28)

May
Barber (18-19)

June
Either Barber (8-9) or RA (3-4) but probably not both

July
OFF

August
RA (17-18) or Barber (10/11 w Track Tactics)

September
Barber (29-30)

October
Barber (19-20)

Tim, I'd go with April and OCTOBER if you can only pull 2 dates those seem to be the best temp-wise, but you can never tell about precip.

ooo...check that...April appears to be same weekend as Spring Bash...?

What about Apr at Lil Tally?

Not sure how many this year. Probably three but HOPING for four... I have been to Tally and when I have a chance to go to Barber or Tally, Tally will ALWAYS lose.

Still would like to go to RA but again, Barber is SO NICE and when you don't get to go to all events you only want to go to Barber.... especially when you're faster than Keith there :rofl: :moon:

Hmmmmmm. :D First track I ever seen a motorcycle race on,( Road Atlanta ) and where I used to go to watch Kevin ( VMAN1300 ) do track days. We will see, 2013 has to be better to me than 2012 was for me to pull it off. :)

Not sure how many this year. Probably three but HOPING for four... I have been to Tally and when I have a chance to go to Barber or Tally, Tally will ALWAYS lose.

Still would like to go to RA but again, Barber is SO NICE and when you don't get to go to all events you only want to go to Barber.... especially when you're faster than Keith there :rofl: :moon:

Problem is that the choice is Barber or the Bash... So Lil Tally allows you to get your junkie on, and still make the Bash!

After doing RA last year, I'd have to day I'd swap ONE weekend at Barber for ONE GOOD weekend at RA. Besides I need to keep you from getting too much practice on Barber otherwise I won't be able to keep holding the record :moon:

Wow, a few of these tracks are within a few hours of me.

Can someone give me the run down on what is needed/mandatory at most tracks? for the bike? and required gear? I've never been to a track day, but would love to go.

Thanks!

Wow, a few of these tracks are within a few hours of me.

Can someone give me the run down on what is needed/mandatory at most tracks? for the bike? and required gear? I've never been to a track day, but would love to go.

Thanks!

Go to www.sportbiketracktime.com and look at the dates/locations (yep, there's some in your area). Read the FAQ's.

Most trackday organizations hold basically the same requirements for Novice riders:

- Motorcycle in good working condition
- Decent set of street performance tires with 80% of tread remaining
- Brakes in good condition
- Full or 2-piece zip leathers
- Gauntlet Gloves
- DOT Approved Full-face helmet
- Over the ankle boots

A little bike prep work (tape up your lights/mirrors, a little bit of silicone on your oil drain bolt, oil filter and oil filler, and you are pretty much good to go. Plenty of people glad to help.

A wad of cash, because once you've done a trackday, you will want to do more. You'll learn more about how your motorcycle performs (and get to test the limits) in one day than you can in an entire year on the street, and it's LEGAL.

Back