Clutch Noise

dyoung

Registered
Question riders, I have a 2009 Busa and when I engage the clutch I hear a noise coming from under the bike. Once I shift the bike in gear the noise stops but it has never done this before. Is that a sign that the clutch is going bad? Or has anyone expereienced this issue before? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Question riders, I have a 2009 Busa and when I engage the clutch I hear a noise coming from under the bike. Once I shift the bike in gear the noise stops but it has never done this before. Is that a sign that the clutch is going bad? Or has anyone expereienced this issue before? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Can you be a little more descriptive about the noise and what it sounds like?

There was a clutch spring bolt issue. You can run it by the dealer and let them check it.

There was a clutch spring bolt issue. You can run it by the dealer and let them check it.

Very easy to check - just pull the clutch cover and see if any of the clutch spring bolts has backed out. BTW - this should be done when you are doing an oil change (after the oil has run out) :laugh:

Yes it only makes the noise when i engage the cluth and stops when I put it in gear. It make a winding/whining noise almost like a worn out brake pads on a rotor that are about to be metal on metal.

Yes it only makes the noise when i engage the cluth and stops when I put it in gear. It make a winding/whining noise almost like a worn out brake pads on a rotor that are about to be metal on metal.

Check the clutch springs screws as noted above - it is a notorious issue, and easy to fix. If I recall, folks that had to fix it used Blue locktite when putting the screws back in. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that.

Mine was making a hell of a racekt and it turned out to be...wait for it...wait for it...the clutch spring screws. I just knew it was something terrible going on with the basket and was ready to buy a new one and new clutches. Had my mechanic pull the cover off, tightened them up...and now I can worry about more important things like...nitrous :laugh:

Thanks everyone for your input. Thats EXACTLY what it was, clutch spring bolts. Some of them were loose enough that I could turn them by hand. But I put put some locktite on them, put a new gasket cover on and the noise is gone. Time to twist on her a little bit this weekend!!!

Back