Fall Bash - Sep 21-23 2012

Sunday Afternoon

The Org arrived, rode like heck, and left barely a trace behind... GixerHP and I are listening to the crickets all alone at the Phillips until tomorrow morning. John took a couple of lonely pix.

Sunday1.jpg

Sunday2.jpg

Well it was a Bad and Great weekend for me. My friend John and fellow riding bud Went down on Friday, So my thoughts were on him, hoping all was ok, My better half Kim and Danielle went to the hospital to make sure John was alright. All the Org members helped with the bike making sure all was ok. Doug made some great dinner Friday night, Saturday night Amanda made some great Alfredo and noodles. Saturday was one of the best group rides I have been on in a long time, especially with Org members. Rode the Skyway to 360 to 411 and blasted down hwy 72 then back through the Dragon (Wet I might add) All came back Safe after a Spirited Ride. It was great making new friends and seeing old ones. See everyone in the Spring.

Well it was a Bad and Great weekend for me. My friend John and fellow riding bud Went down on Friday, So my thoughts were on him, hoping all was ok, My better half Kim and Danielle went to the hospital to make sure John was alright. All the Org members helped with the bike making sure all was ok. Doug made some great dinner Friday night, Saturday night Amanda made some great Alfredo and noodles. Saturday was one of the best group rides I have been on in a long time, especially with Org members. Rode the Skyway to 360 to 411 and blasted down hwy 72 then back through the Dragon (Wet I might add) All came back Safe after a Spirited Ride. It was great making new friends and seeing old ones. See everyone in the Spring.

Jon, I'm glad all was well with you, hate that happened to your riding buddy. I can't wait to see the pics from everyone. I checked all of the ones from the spring bash out. I hope next spring, all is right with my job situation. I've got my daughter settled into her new home and I do have a wonderful grandson who is almost 5 months old. I so miss hanging out and riding with everyone, as it's one of the things I look forward to ever year. Prayers sent for racerV Butch

Hey all. Sorry I didn't get to hang around and say any goodbyes yesterday. I started feeling pretty rough on Saturday afternoon, so I rode home and have been in bed all day.

It was great to see everyone, and I can't wait to do it again next April.

Special thanks to EarlyBird for tweaking the big Kaw's suspension. It felt much better after the adjustments :thumbsup:

Summed up well! Was a great weekend and glad RacerV is ok and recovering. Will see you all in spring, hopefully with a new bike! Was great meeting everyone.

Sorry I have been busy catching up with things here and attending to Karen's wishes. I left at 8:15am and made it home at 4:15pm. Averaged 42 mpg the whole time running +5-10 mph the whole time. Sorry I turned in early.... But the lunch at Kats had me feeling horrible all night until 5 am.:banghead: Loomis thanks for checking up on me at 7:30am!:thumbsup: It was a pretty good ride home less the FJR1300 group acting stupid and not riding as a group:banghead:, then the Harley rider who swapped 3 lanes and cut me off with a few feet to spare:banghead:, and then the old folks that took there sweet ASH time trying to merge into traffic at 35mph when you need to be at 60mph at the end of the on ramp:banghead:, and then the folks on the cells phones who cut me off not caring to realize they about hit me:banghead: Other then that I enjoyed coming out and riding with you all!:thumbsup::laugh::beerchug:

Sorry I have been busy catching up with things here and attending to Karen's wishes. I left at 8:15am and made it home at 4:15pm. Averaged 42 mpg the whole time running +5-10 mph the whole time. Sorry I turned in early.... But the lunch at Kats had me feeling horrible all night until 5 am.:banghead: Loomis thanks for checking up on me at 7:30am!:thumbsup: It was a pretty good ride home less the FJR1300 group acting stupid and not riding as a group:banghead:, then the Harley rider who swapped 3 lanes and cut me off with a few feet to spare:banghead:, and then the old folks that took there sweet ASH time trying to merge into traffic at 35mph when you need to be at 60mph at the end of the on ramp:banghead:, and then the folks on the cells phones who cut me off not caring to realize they about hit me:banghead: Other then that I enjoyed coming out and riding with you all!:thumbsup::laugh::beerchug:

:laugh: Glad you got home alright. See you again in the Spring.

Oh where oh where is Earlybird??

This needs help right now,, Its cold out here now!

IMG_0042.jpg

Well, I guess I am completley forgettable or perhaps since I use my busa for un-busa like purposes, I am a bit of an oddity.....but after 12 hours day one and a 8 hour day 2, I arrived at the Phillips, tired and with my typical filthy bike. It was nice to put faces and names together and I appreciate the hospitality of allowing me to set my tent up in the yard.

It was very cold the next 3 mornings of camping on the way home, 2 degress in the am packing up camp and it didn't get above 12 on the parkway.

And to answer your inquerys, I made it home in one piece but very cold.

Oh, wait, nobody inquired....never mind.

As an aside, I, by chance, very randomly met with a former orgster at one of the overlooks. THAT was pretty interesting.

Glad you made it home safe, i wish you had more time to spend down there!
Well, I guess I am completley forgettable or perhaps since I use my busa for un-busa like purposes, I am a bit of an oddity.....but after 12 hours day one and a 8 hour day 2, I arrived at the Phillips, tired and with my typical filthy bike. It was nice to put faces and names together and I appreciate the hospitality of allowing me to set my tent up in the yard.

It was very cold the next 3 mornings of camping on the way home, 2 degress in the am packing up camp and it didn't get above 12 on the parkway.

And to answer your inquerys, I made it home in one piece but very cold.

Oh, wait, nobody inquired....never mind.

As an aside, I, by chance, very randomly met with a former orgster at one of the overlooks. THAT was pretty interesting.

Nice meeting you Shnizzle, Glad your home safe, Sounds like a had a Great (Long) Trip. Hope to see you in the Spring!!

It was a pleasure meeting you and talking with you Shnizzle..... You where not forgotten!:poke: I told my girl about you and a few friends about the ride you made out from Canad ! Made my 8 hour ride seem like childs play!:laugh:

Same here Shnizzle, I told my kids about you and that you rode down from Canada just to spend a couple days with us, and they were like "No Way"! It was cool to see a die hard rider like youself. :clap:

Back