Greggs Customs GSXR 1000 tail conversion

givenscg

Registered
I just finished doing the Greggs Custom tail conversion and wanted to share with everyone some of the problems I had that I couldn't find any solutions for. All of them were pretty simple and probably don't need to be shared, but I’m going to do it any way so future busa fanatics can know what they are getting into.

1.) GSXR 1000 exhaust mounts are too high to connect exhaust to
Solution: fabricate a drop bracket. Simple dog bone basically.
2.) Rectifier mount nonexistent on gsxr 1000 upper sub frame
I mounted it on the left side and ran a long bolt through the sub frame and put a large washer to clamp it in place.
3.) Seat didn't have threads for the seat bolts to thread into.
Welded nuts to the seat brackets

I believe that’s it. Not many hold ups the greggs custom tail conversion kit is very simple and strait forward. Stuffing all the wires under that seat does suck. I wish they engineered a little more room for the battery and all the wires. I might need to go back to that on mine; the wires seem to be very close to forming a rat’s nest.

Hope this encourages anyone wanting to do this mod. If I can do it anyone can.

It came out sweet. Next stop PAINT!!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Here you all are.........Another change I had to do to get this to work.

The rear brake reservoir had to be relocated. All I did was flip the bracket angle it to the ground cut the rubber hose and bolt back on the reservoir. Hope this helps.

2012-09-03 11.09.52.jpg

2012-09-03 11.10.11.jpg

2012-09-03 11.10.17.jpg

2012-09-03 11.10.34.jpg

2012-09-03 11.10.51.jpg

2012-09-03 11.11.09.jpg

2012-09-03 11.12.06.jpg

2012-09-03 11.18.10.jpg

2012-09-03 11.18.27.jpg

I was not a big fan of the GSXR bracket to hold the exhaust too. I went the same route and made extensions. Did not like the look at all. Took it one step further and changed the entire exhaust.

Nice looking bike. You should change out the side tail pieces. Get the silver sides from the yellow and silver GSXR 1000.

Here is my conversion thread. Also another option is to change out the rear brake resivior too.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/159516-shes-getting-butt-lift.html

Here you all are.........Another change I had to do to get this to work.

The rear brake reservoir had to be relocated. All I did was flip the bracket angle it to the ground cut the rubber hose and bolt back on the reservoir. Hope this helps.

Yeah...I plan on getting the whole thing painted this winter. The blue doesn't match on the center piece either. I was planning on De-Badging it to, But I don't know yet.

I dig how your's came out I looked at it a few times before fully commiting, But I'm happy with the out come.

Also, I've added the rear break reservoir to my list.

One other. I grinded down the back side of the undertail. The tabs on the undertail prevent it from sitting flush against the battery tray.

Yeah draggin-accord I've been looking at those and just havn't ordered one yet. I like the look, but i've looking for something with a different look.

Looks good bro. I did the conversion a while back with same challenges. I learned while doing the project....if they don't make it yet, fabricate- and make it yourself.

I went with a low exit exhaust to keep it off the pegs and a gold color reservoir as an accent piece. End result is a clean rear end, exposing the rear tire.

Oh and when you get to the tight curves, you can move around that seat way easier than the stock busa seat...I'm just sayin'.

I know this post is a little old but I just ordered the conversion kit from them about a month ago and still haven’t received it. How long did it take you to receive yours?

I know this post is a little old but I just ordered the conversion kit from them about a month ago and still haven’t received it. How long did it take you to receive yours?
First of all, welcome to the forum. As for the wait time, I feel for you sir. They have some of the worst costumer service I’ve encountered. I called th and sent emails for over a month to order a replacement part for my kit and they never even replied. Did you buy from them directly or an eBay seller? The eBay seller I bought mine from said they had 2 in stock, but turned out not to be true. What they do is wait until someone places an order and then they order a seat from Corbin and have to wait for the seat to be ship to them and then they ship to you.

Back