Auxilary Power Outlet Mounting

Sum Beach

Registered
I was visiting my parents last weekend and I happened to notice a Cyclegear store just one mile down the road from their house!
Well I picked up a 12v universal power outlet for the Busa. I thought it would be a good idea for running the GPS instead of running it on battery power alone.
Just started looking around the front end and cannot really pick out a decent place to mount it.

Just wanted to get ideas fom folks on here where they are mounting power outlets. Pics would help out too!!

And, do just run it straight from the battery like the instructions say?
And would a toggle switch be a good idea also?
Any ideas are welcome!!!!!

Always put a fuse inline. I would suggest other power options, but since you have already purchased it I would suggest you mount it in the trunk and run your wire from the front to the back to power your accessories. In the trunk of my 05, I had a dual outlet wired in and mounted to the cross bar where the seat latches. On my 09, I have a 3BR USB shown the pic below. It is wired via relay and trigger wire tired to a fuse block in the trunk. (Thanks again Cap for wiring the relay).

2011-04-11_17-36-33_178.jpg

Reactions: Zee
I zip tied mine to the metal clip already holding the cables in front of triple tree.

2592767c.jpg

Nice low style Velcro mount.....:)
[
af5a4928.jpg

I routed it from battery thru frame on left side right along with the throttle cables following them up front of gas tank and under triple tree to the clip.

A couple of good ideas so far!!!!!!
I bought the outlet since it was in the half off bin, so I thought I would give it a try instead of rewiring the whole bike.

Back