Cyclegear matched the tire price.

Well, I purchased a new rear tire of course the Michelin CT2's:thumbsup: A couple of days ago I noticed the front tire had a rare wear pattern to it, so I decided to replace it also but I needed it before my trip tomorrow so I started calling around. On the internet the Michelin CT2 120/70/17 sells for around 103-105 shipped to the door. I called cyclegear first and they quoted me 147!!!! I was like damn a little high arent ya? Do you match internet prices he replies "no only local stores" So I call a motorcycle dealer and they quote me 98 bucks I call Cyclegear back and tell em well Midsouth has themn for 98 bucks!!:cheerleader:
I get down there and its a Michelin Pilot Pure. Well this is a more expensive tire but they match the 98 bucks so I say I will take it! Mounted both tires and high speed balanced..

Rear took no weights on the hi speed balancer and the front took .75 OZ Damn ya cant beat the Michelin qaulity.:thumbsup:

Well, I purchased a new rear tire of course the Michelin CT2's:thumbsup: A couple of days ago I noticed the front tire had a rare wear pattern to it, so I decided to replace it also but I needed it before my trip tomorrow so I started calling around. On the internet the Michelin CT2 120/70/17 sells for around 103-105 shipped to the door. I called cyclegear first and they quoted me 147!!!! I was like damn a little high arent ya? Do you match internet prices he replies "no only local stores" So I call a motorcycle dealer and they quote me 98 bucks I call Cyclegear back and tell em well Midsouth has themn for 98 bucks!!:cheerleader:
I get down there and its a Michelin Pilot Pure. Well this is a more expensive tire but they match the 98 bucks so I say I will take it! Mounted both tires and high speed balanced..

Rear took no weights on the hi speed balancer and the front took .75 OZ Damn ya cant beat the Michelin qaulity.:thumbsup:

i swear by 2ct's they are amazing tires and i have yet to have a problem

The only fault , if you want to call it that and it's been over 4 years since I had one; the rear would get a little slick when it was time for a new one. Great tires but pricey. $98 for a front is a bargain indeed :thumbsup:

i swear by 2ct's they are amazing tires and i have yet to have a problem

They are but the Ol Mighty Super Pooch believes they are old school and there are much better tires then the outdated jalopy Michelins, by the way do you know who he is and his credentials? :dunno:

Maybe I misunderstood, but did you say that you picked Pilot Power 2CT's over Pilot Pures for the same price? Have you tried the Pures?

lankeeyankee said:
They are but the Ol Mighty Super Pooch believes they are old school and there are much better tires then the outdated jalopy Michelins, by the way do you know who he is and his credentials? :dunno:

If you would run Q2s you would be grinding your bar ends:poke:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

If you would run Q2s you would be grinding your bar ends:poke:

Bar Ends, as in weights :dunno: dont have em anymore picked up .3 tenth and 6 MPH that was the trick to get the Busa in the 9's its super fast now. Lil more "seat time" I should be in the 8's hell with an ECU tune it may run 7's in the 1/4

lankeeyankee said:
Bar Ends, as in weights :dunno: dont have em anymore picked up .3 tenth and 6 MPH that was the trick to get the Busa in the 9's its super fast now. Lil more "seat time" I should be in the 8's

You need Shinkos to run 8s but don't tell anyone:laugh:

What do you expect from a tire that was developed like 5 1/2 years ago? Do you know how much roads and bikes have changed since then? That tire could never stand up to the rigors and abuse a modern streetbike can lay down by even just a normal afterwork casual riding enthusiast. ??? They were made to withstand the bikes way back then, not today's monsters. Might as well being riding on a Goodyear Wide Oval bias ply from the 70s.

From what I hear unless your on the new Q2 your so outdated and will probably just slide right off the road into the first ditch where you encounter any kind of curve. :laugh:

Don't worry I'll probably be right there with ya with my worthless Super Corsa's that wouldn't stick to the road if it was covered with flypaper. :rofl:

I just don't understand how you could be hardheaded and stubborn as not to listen to your elders. Oh wait, I guess I'm an elder since I'm older than you too.:whistle: Ah heII with it I'll help get you out of the ditch. :rofl:

Rollin, they are outdated? they been making the 2CT;s for how long now? Ohh hang on didnt Dunlop just come out with there new super dooper track/road tire that is awesome I think its a dual compound now also?
Is this new for Dunlop? Where did they ever get the idea to use 2 compounds surely they wouldnt get that from an outdated tire :dunno:

I think instead of heading east to ride you should venture west for some coaching. Then and maybe then will you need to do the Q2's. :moon:

lankeeyankee said:
Shinkos? Never heard of such a thing, can I get em from my Avon lady? :dunno:

Avon lady only sells real tires. Never seen Michitlin in the catalog.:whistle:

Avon lady only sells real tires. Never seen Michitlin in the catalog.:whistle:

My wife use to get some kind of body oil or butter from the avon lady too. DOnt know what it was but dam it smelled good and was a natural calling to come ride the twisties. :laugh:

So I don't knock the Avon lady, at least not up. :rofl:

Ya know Rollin its funny you say that, I was planning on heading to the West Coast to get some lessons but my trainer didnt answer the phone or havent returned my call as of yet, last seen on a Yamaha

cimg0298-560.jpg

I don't even think this is worth it but I'll give it a try.

On the tires that is a good price and I'm happy to see cycle gear match the prices.

Lankee and Rollin how many laps on real race tracks at speed have either of you done?
How many people have paid you to teach them how to do laps properly on a real race track?
The two of you seem to want to continue pushing and egging on folks who ARE light years ahead of either of you in the skill dept. Granted he is a cocky old fart and often very opinionated but that only comes from years of teaching and riding and doing it on a real race track in numerous states all over this country.

Well?

I don't want to seem rude at all Don but you'll probably take it that way anyway.
I met you at the bash. Didn't speak much but from what little we did it seems like your decent folk.
C'mon you are a Tennessean right? Nashville here. It seems like every thread you start has some sort of insults directed towards one we all know who is. Can y'all not agree to disagree and WE can move on?

I don't even think this is worth it but I'll give it a try.

On the tires that is a good price and I'm happy to see cycle gear match the prices.

Lankee and Rollin how many laps on real race tracks at speed have either of you done?
How many people have paid you to teach them how to do laps properly on a real race track?
The two of you seem to want to continue pushing and egging on folks who ARE light years ahead of either of you in the skill dept. Granted he is a cocky old fart and often very opinionated but that only comes from years of teaching and riding and doing it on a real race track in numerous states all over this country.

Well?

I don't want to seem rude at all Don but you'll probably take it that way anyway.
I met you at the bash. Didn't speak much but from what little we did it seems like your decent folk.
C'mon you are a Tennessean right? Nashville here. It seems like every thread you start has some sort of insults directed towards one we all know who is. Can y'all not agree to disagree and WE can move on?

Blanca
Did you get a Tuf Gang Patch on your riding jacket recently?
I have never rode on a road race course / track day and I dont ever claim to be even close to even coming close to riding style body posture etc. I am sure my lap times arent going to set records at Barber but I am pretty sure I am not going to be lapped by anyone here.
I dont doubt one bit that the Ol Pooch isnt expierenced in his training and is good at what he does. I read his posts and opinions on suspension, brakes, and ignore his tire posts LOL!
Me and Tuf always have words. I laugh at 98% of his comments towards me and hopefully he doesnt take my posts serious towards him, its all in fun. Maybe some cant read the humor in it. I am a humorous person I like to cut up and those that have met me understand me.
Tuf is a big boy and if he gets tired of it he will send me a message, but in all honesty I believe he laughs just as I do with out exchange of words.
Yes, I was quiet at the Bash when I was around the crowd.

Ohh by the way, I live in Tennessee but my roots are a Yankee born and raised in the city streets of New Jersey.

Call 1-800-Cyclegear for price matching, the individual stores have a different policy. That's how I got these...
CIMG0191.jpg

I had them match with STG cause there warehouse is 5 minutes from my job!

Well alllllrighty then.

No patch, just a kiss :laugh:

Your right screens are one dimensional and sarcastic inflection can be missed.

Back