Dynojet Auto-Tune or Dyno Tune???

Hayabusa133

Registered
Hey Guys..I have a 2006 Hayabusa: pair valve removed, Small airbox mod, Brocks full Alien Head exhaust, Power Commander V (with Brocks TRACK Map), (to install VERY soon Dynatek ignition System with Dyna Coils)...

What you guys think??? Which of these would give me the best performance out of my bike???

1: Should I just leave the Brocks TRACK Map???

2: Should I install a Dynojet Auto-Tune Kit???

3: Should I go on a Dyno and get the bike Dyno Tuned???

NOT A TUNER OR A MECHANIC

Dyno Tune bc , even though the auto tune will do its job it's just hard to avoid the law running all those miles at 160 and up to tune. :laugh:

I say save your money and get a good tune, but that's me. The experts will be along

a custom tune is always better because every motor is different and a generic map gets you close but always room for improvement

Is there a local tuner who is skilled/experienced with tuning Hayabusas? If yes, ask him what he uses and then buy THAT.

P.S. How is the "canned" tune from Brock's running? If bike is running great (idles great, power curve relatively smooth, no decel pop, etc.), then let it be. I am not arguing the merits of a proper dyno/tune in the hands of a proficient tuner but my 2 cents: i will never have the skills (nor the ballz) to run a bone-stock Busa to its fullest potential so I am perfectly OK with NOT chasing that very last ounce of power...which most likely will be at peak RPM

If you are not in a situation where a constant tune is needed (different atmosphere, etc) then I would go with a dyno tune and be done with it.

Are they making the DJ Autotune for the Gen I now?

a custom tune is always better because every motor is different and a generic map gets you close but always room for improvement

I was actually reading up on this the other night and according to the website this device if properly set up will constantly tune the bike to weather conditions and your riding style, etc.

But I keep saying what Kromdom just said. Unless you are competing or making money with the bike it's just not that important. People are different, but i doubt I would notice the difference between a base map from Brocks and a great dead on tune. Obviously there would be a difference.

PS DynoJet likes their stuff :laugh:

By the way without buying another module you'll only be tuning the primaries :whistle: and the Gen II has secondaries :banghead:

I was actually reading up on this the other night and according to the website this device if properly set up will constantly tune the bike to weather conditions and your riding style, etc.

But I keep saying what Kromdom just said. Unless you are competing or making money with the bike it's just not that important. People are different, but i doubt I would notice the difference between a base map from Brocks and a great dead on tune. Obviously there would be a difference.

PS DynoJet likes their stuff :laugh:

By the way without buying another module you'll only be tuning the primaries :whistle: and the Gen II has secondaries :banghead:

i got to ride a bike with dyno jet auto tune and it had some lag and was sluggish .. i didnt like it at all

Thanks guys, you ALL were so help full...I think the general consensus is to have the bike Dyno Tuned. That's what I initially was going with. My issues with Dyno Tuning as opposed to the Auto Tune is that the Auto tune seem to be tuning the bike in a "real World" type environment as opposed to a controlled environment on a Dyno. I may be wrong but I think that if the Auto tune really is doing what it says it is doing ie: making adjustments to the fuel map while the bike is riding this may be best for me. However I have googled this and found that a lot of people are having issues with the Auto Tune as well as Busa Tuners on this forum, everyone seem to have negative comments on the Auto Tune and every one seem to recommend Dyno Tuning. So I guess I'm off to Locate a Local Tuner who has a Dyno...I'll make sure to let you guys know how it goes...

Thanks
Mark R.

I have an Autotune, You need a good map to start off with (it could be a stock map). The Autotune is a data logger that stores information as you ride. You can then look at this data and tweak your map to get it perfect. So Autotune or not a good map is the best place to start IMHO. If you just want to ride, get the dyno tune and be done with it. If you like to play with stuff the Autotune might be a fun toy.

BTW, you don't need to control the secondary injectors unless you are running a turbo or something. You will be able to meet the fuel/air requirements using just adjustments to the primary injectors.

Trunk 09.jpg

Dyno Chart.jpg

Dyno 02.jpg

@fallenarch thanks man..you mentioned Primary and secondary injectors....isn't that only on Gen 2...I have a Gen 1 (2006). Does the 2006 Gen 1 have Primary and secondary injectors too???

i got to ride a bike with dyno jet auto tune and it had some lag and was sluggish .. i didnt like it at all

The owner most likely set the AFR trim where he thought was correct and left it at that, but on the lower RPM range you really need to set it to 0 so it does not "tune" on deacceration also. Otherwise it will fatten up tremendously on the lower rpm range.

If they do not set it to 0 then each time the bike slows down it is attempting to adjust itself but without the proper throttle applied it is adjusting itself incorrectly. After a WOT or a hard run and the throttle is quickly shut off the AFR momentarily reads 99.9 on the guage which tells the autotune it needs to add more fuel.

When it adjusts itself incorrectly the trim table numbers will usually read 20 (ir the max adjustment value you allow) and then when you accept trims it will read another 20 the next time also. Putting 0 into these trim blocks will disable the autotune from richening it up too much.

I know this doesn't make much sense here, but I would say that is why the bike you was on felt sluggish, it's got to waste all that extra fuel before it can get into any power rpms.

You never did really say what you were planning to do with your bike. Is it for day to day street use or do you have something else in mind?

Back