another nice ortega hwy ride :D

dmallord

Registered
heya guys,

had a really nice ride yesterday over ortega hwy. i saw a black/ orange gen2 coming up behind me on the straight. i let him pass me then followed him for a bit till we got to traffic. he passed, and i slowed down. pretty cool though. when i ride the canyons i slow way down for straights getting as much free space in front of me as possible so i can get some lean in the corners sans cages in front of me!

when i got to the lookout at the top, i saw the black/ orange, and another all black gen1. very very cool.

if i was more social i would have chatted it up... but im not! hahahaha.

Indeed, it was a good day to ride the twisties yesterday. Too bad I was home doing minor stuff to get the bike ready (install new headers, load new map, clean air filter, clean/adjust chain, new rim stripes/stickers, etc.).
P.S. How busy was Ortega?

no i havent. it looks pretty cool though. nice road condition? decent twisties? ive been trying to practice my form when cornering. it makes it nice when i dont have to contend with traffic!

nice road condition? decent twisties? it makes it nice when i dont have to contend with traffic!

Small isolated portions are crappy but no biggie if you take it easy. Wicked switchbacks/decreasing radius turns, nice vistas. So far, it has been a "secret" so still quiet/deserted :)

OH is a pretty decent road. Years ago, we used to ride it first thing Sat and Sun mornings but then the local police started to patrol it. It was there that I stopped hot doggin' in on the straightaways and took the turns at very high speeds. Pros: No tickets. Cons: Ya don't learn to brake properly coming up to a turn! :D

--Wag--

I'm fortunate to have week days off, I rode with rudeboy109 on Ortega earlier this month and traffic was very light... lots of fun :thumbsup:

You going to that swap meet thing in Corona Sunday morning (the 18th) ?

MotowearHouse.com meet up ~ ride around lake Mathews loop . . .

Perhaps I should roll by your place & we could ride in at the same time . . .

600_453216580.jpe

Back