Hayabusa Badged Gel Seat

OldMan

Registered
Hello, I'm sure the info is here somewhere but after spending some time searching I'm just going to ask now. I'm considering the Hayabusa Badged Gel Seat with the carbon fiber look, does anyone know if the seat height will be the same as the stock seat? I'm 6'3 and did the buell peg mod, would hate to lose that gain in leg room for the sake of a softer seat.

thanks!

It is actually a bit bigger I believe. I have one and the dimensions a greater than stock so I wouldn't worry about losing leg room.

I have one with 1 month of riding on it....and will take $75 less then new price if your interested. It's mint and ended up doing my stock seats with covers...

let me know,
M

yea it definitely sits higher, i'm only 5'9, had it on 1 day and got rid of it just for that reason, but it was a nice seat.

I have one and I am 6'3" and about 250 pounds. I have nothing but good things to say about the seat. It did add a little more height, I do not get the upper leg cramps like I used to when I was on the bike for over 2 hours.

I have that same set up you are thinking of and it's great! I'm 6'4" and just did a nice 600 mile ride this last weekend and was never uncomfortable the entire time. The only other thing I would add is a double bubble.. just my .02

ThAnks for the feedback, can't wait until it arrives next week, and already have a zero gravity double bubble and can see my gauges while riding :thumbsup:

There is one thing to be very careful of with the gel seat...when you leave the bike and seat out in the sun the seat gets VERY VERY HOT and stays that way for a long time!!

I have one with 1 month of riding on it....and will take $75 less then new price if your interested. It's mint and ended up doing my stock seats with covers...

let me know,
M

I would Like to buy that seat if you still have it. Call me at (618)420-1517 Thanks

I would Like to buy that seat if you still have it. Call me at (618)420-1517 Thanks

This thread its almost a year old, the seat is probably gone, there are seats available on others recently threads, I was looking for one not too long ago.

I could never get used to the zuk gel seat myself-way too hard, my azz would start to hurt around the 100 mile mark. I bought the Saddleman Tech gel seat and pillion cover for $200 a year ago and absolutely love it for long trips-did a Saddle Sore 1000 last year and gonna try a Bun Burner this year-1500 miles in 24 hours! But I definately prefer the lower Tobin around town. I'm 6' with a 34' inseam and also use Sato "Drag" rearsets that are adjusted about the same height as the Buells but an inch or so further back. Also running Helibars with a 3/4" riser-that's about as good as it gets for this 55 yr old with bad hips. These pics are from last October(annual birthday present) on the Dragon and my favorite road-the Cherohala Skyway. Did over 1800 miles in 4 days-600 miles there, 600 back, and 300 a day while there. Great time!

062.jpg

099.jpg

090.jpg

101.jpg

106.jpg

123.jpg

152.jpg

184.jpg

I could never get used to the zuk gel seat myself-way too hard, my azz would start to hurt around the 100 mile mark. I bought the Saddleman Tech gel seat and pillion cover for $200 a year ago and absolutely love it for long trips-did a Saddle Sore 1000 last year and gonna try a Bun Burner this year-1500 miles in 24 hours! But I definately prefer the lower Tobin around town. I'm 6' with a 34' inseam and also use Sato "Drag" rearsets that are adjusted about the same height as the Buells but an inch or so further back. Also running Helibars with a 3/4" riser-that's about as good as it gets for this 55 yr old with bad hips. These pics are from last October(annual birthday present) on the Dragon and my favorite road-the Cherohala Skyway. Did over 1800 miles in 4 days-600 miles there, 600 back, and 300 a day while there. Great time!

Nice ride man:thumbsup:

Jefro, are you saying that the Sadllemen Seat is taller than stock? I like the way it looks and if its taller thats a plus to me!

Jefro, are you saying that the Sadllemen Seat is taller than stock? I like the way it looks and if its taller thats a plus to me!

To be honest, I had my stocker reworked by Tobin before I even tried it. It is just a touch taller than the Suzuki Gel seat but is softer so you end up about the same height, which is said to be taller than stock.

Are those the over-sized air scoops on your scoot? Thinking bout getting the black ones to get rid of the front turn sigs....

Are those the over-sized air scoops on your scoot? Thinking bout getting the black ones to get rid of the front turn sigs....

Yes, made by HotBodies. I integrated the turnsignals into the headlight marker lamps and also did the rear with an LED taillight. In Michigan we're not even required to have turn signals-providing you use hand signals, of course. Not so sure I'd rely on the paint from Hotbodies-I've heard some bad reports. I had mine painted with Color-Rite the same time I did the +4 tail.

Yes, made by HotBodies. I integrated the turnsignals into the headlight marker lamps and also did the rear with an LED taillight. In Michigan we're not even required to have turn signals-providing you use hand signals, of course. Not so sure I'd rely on the paint from Hotbodies-I've heard some bad reports. I had mine painted with Color-Rite the same time I did the +4 tail.

Yea, the hotbodies one is what I was looking at. Does everything that you need to intergrate the turn signals come with the scoops or is that all together a separate mod. Thanks for the heads up on the paint...:thumbsup:

Yea, the hotbodies one is what I was looking at. Does everything that you need to intergrate the turn signals come with the scoops or is that all together a separate mod. Thanks for the heads up on the paint...:thumbsup:

Yeah, it comes with instructions and connectors but since I also changed to LED's front and rear I also installed a LED flasher relay, available from ebay.

Back