Oil Filters
Lots of small clips, bolts, odds and ends
Clutches

But what about:
Rear tire huggers
Front Fenders
Wheels
Other addons

There is a lot of stuff (Carbon Fiber :drool: !) I see that is only sold for "1999-2007" but the parts they mount to look to be the same (i.e. the swingarm mount looks the same for the hugger so why wouldn't it fit?)

Subframes a direct bolt on replacement, but each will only hold the appropriate generation tail plastics. Front fairings can be swapped if you replace everything... headlight, signals, sides, inner panels. Inner panels don't line up very well with the wrong gas tanks, but tanks will swap also.

I've been told fairing stays are interchangeable.

Frames (i've never done a frame so may be looked into further), swingarm, engine blocks are interchangeable as far as I know, though you have to use the appropriate generation of rear sets on the frame, the appropriate year lower link bushings and brake stay for the swingarm, and the gen 1 block is less likely to split apart in large bore applications... namely 1441.

Front fenders are a no go, unless you swap forks. Gen 2 brakes / forks are better.

The gen1 midpipe bolt pattern where the muffler bolts on is the mirror image of the gen2 midpipe. BOLT ONS, not slip ons, as slipons come with there own midpipe(alot of slipons will interchange with little to no modification too).
So gen1 bolt ons will bolt to a gen2 if you switch the sides of the mufflers; and they must have sliding mufler hangers(as most aftermarket mufflers do). Stockers won't directly swap because the muffler mount hole is fixed, and the gen2 is a couple inches further up the muffler than the gen1.

Gen1 and gen2 oilpans are also shaped differently(bolt pattern is the same).
Gen1 and 2 header tubes will fit either gens head, but depending on the header brand you may or may not have oil pan clearance issues with the bend under the pans.

Handlebars interchange, and Heli-bars interchange, but you will need to drill new switch housing locator pin holes. As the switch housing spacing and orientation is slightly different between the gens.

Mirrors also interchange, as well as with gsxr1000 mirrors from 01 up.
The 600/750 mirrors from 02 up are also the same.

Frames are the same, with one exception. The gen2 has one extra hole on each top side near the front of the gas tank. The holes are for a plastic pin that helps secure the gen2 fairings

Aftermarket rearsets will fit either gen.

Rear wheels are a tad bit wider at the hub, but will still fit with appropriate leverage and swear words. Drive sprocket does not interchange. Plenums usually don't, as the two inner spicketts are closer together on a gen 2. Sometimes they can be forced in, but its not something I'd recommend. Frames have different rake geometry, but that doesn't effect parts interchangeability. Seats are different.

The Gen2 radiator and oil cooler will bolt on to a Gen 1. You will have to buy or fabricate a fan temp switch or remote wire the 2nd fan to kick on

The gen1 midpipe bolt pattern where the muffler bolts on is the mirror image of the gen2 midpipe. BOLT ONS, not slip ons, as slipons come with there own midpipe(alot of slipons will interchange with little to no modification too).
So gen1 bolt ons will bolt to a gen2 if you switch the sides of the mufflers; and they must have sliding mufler hangers(as most aftermarket mufflers do). Stockers won't directly swap because the muffler mount hole is fixed, and the gen2 is a couple inches further up the muffler than the gen1.

Gen1 and 2 header tubes will fit either gens head, but depending on the header brand you may or may not have oil pan clearance issues with the bend under the pans.

Handlebars interchange, and Heli-bars interchange, but you will need to drill new switch housing locator pin holes. As the switch housing spacing and orientation is slightly different between the gens.

Frames are the same, with one exception. The gen2 has one extra hole on each top side near the front of the gas tank. The holes are for a plastic pin that helps secure the gen2 fairings

Handle bars, you mean the bar mount?

The Gen2 radiator and oil cooler will bolt on to a Gen 1. You will have to buy or fabricate a fan temp switch or remote wire the 2nd fan to kick on

Bro just asking.That mean I just can buy the Gen II Radiator and just swap in GEN I just like that without any modification.

Thanks in advance.

Bro just asking.That mean I just can buy the Gen II Radiator and just swap in GEN I just like that without any modification.

Thanks in advance.

Yes I have this mod on my 03 busa now. Buy a Gen 2 rad off ebay and it bolts right on along with the oil cooler from a gen2. You have to either buy or fabricate your own fan temp switch or run a remote switch to turn on the 2nd fan. Your gen1 hoses will still fit on as well but you have to play with them a little bit.

Also on another note the wheels may mount with spacers added but I wouldn't recommend it w/o swapping the forks as well because the rotors are different sizes and you will need Gen2 calipers.

So I have a Tiforce full exhaust for a gen2 but will it bolt up no problem to a gen1?

Will levers for a 2nd gen swap over? I'm getting some conflicting info looking at this...hopefully someone can make a definitive statement here.

Back