Judgement Day

war69

Registered
About 2 years ago a friend of mine I ride with was coming home from riding all day. On the interstate a guy,stopped on the shoulder,decided to take off hitting her and the rest you can figure. She had full gear on thank god and only had deep bruising some cuts. Today we go to court for the last time. Here it comes. This is his 6th dwi. I really hope they throw the book at this ahole. Im affraid for her cause I know how wisconsin is. A slap on the hand. She rode the Rustic Ride with Lurch and many others. Great girl and I hope the outcome is what she wants.

1.jpg

Our system is beyond criminal friendly. That's why the same folks just keep repeating.

I hope it goes her way also, but like you said this is Wisconsin and even with 14 DWI's the most they get is 6 months.
We need to change the laws here. I know our economy revolves around drinking and drunks but come on.

Again I hope things go well for her. She is a very sweet gal and deserves justice in this.
Keep me updated brother

Was the guy actually licensed after 6 DWIs?! I swear, habitual offenders like that need something more than "you can't drive" because they will anyway, OR the state failed miserably and never took his license away.

I'm so glad your friend survived that incident with just bruises. She's so fortunate! Best wishes to her today; please keep us posted!!

I hope it goes her way also, but like you said this is Wisconsin and even with 14 DWI's the most they get is 6 months.
We need to change the laws here. I know our economy revolves around drinking and drunks but come on.

Again I hope things go well for her. She is a very sweet gal and deserves justice in this.
Keep me updated brother

So in Wisconsin, DUIs don't lend to losing licenses ever? I think here in VA, after 3, you're done...you don't drive anymore...I'd better check that; I may be wrong.

Keep us updated on the outcome of this. I have very little tolerance for those that have DWI's, let alone 6 of them.

So in Wisconsin, DUIs don't lend to losing licenses ever? I think here in VA, after 3, you're done...you don't drive anymore...I'd better check that; I may be wrong.
They take it away but for 6 months to a year only usually. Then if you do get busted for driving without it no big deal really. Get an attorney and he finds the right judge and then it is all good. We are way to easy on drinking and driving here. We are getting tougher but no where nere what other states do. The Tavern League here in Wisconsin has a ton of power when it comes to lobbying. Way more than even the Unionistas.

Good luck to her. Problem is he will probably drive himself to court on a suspended license and get a slap on the hand and drive away with no license to the nearest bar and start the cycle all over again until he commits man-slaughter

I guess I assumed all states took DUI more seriously nowadays. Here's what we do in Virginia:

Penalties
Once you are convicted, you'll endure another round of consequences―more serious ones. The first time you are convicted of DUI, there is a mandatory fine of at least $250. Your driver's license will be revoked for one year.

After your second offense, there is a mandatory minimum $500 fine, driver's license revocation for three years, and possible jail time up to one year. If it is within five years of your first offense, there is a mandatory 20 days in jail―10 days if within 10 years of your first offense.

For your third DUI offense, there is a mandatory $1,000 minimum fine and an indefinite license revocation. You will be prosecuted for a Class 6 felony. If it's within five years of your previous DUI, there is a mandatory six-month jail term. Within 10 years, the mandatory jail term is 90 days. Either way, you will also permanently forfeit your vehicle, if you are the sole owner.

When your blood alcohol concentration is 0.2% or higher when you are arrested, your penalty will include a mandatory minimum 10-day jail sentence in addition to your other penalties. The second such offense within 10 years carries a mandatory minimum jail sentence of 20 days in addition to the other penalties.

If you have two drunk driving convictions within 10 years, you must install an ignition interlock system on all vehicles you own either solely or with another person. If you fail to do so, you face a possible Class 1 misdemeanor charge and risk having your license revoked―again―for one year. Plus, you may be put into jail for up to one year and be nailed with a $2,500 fine.

I guess I assumed all states took DUI more seriously nowadays. Here's what we do in Virginia:

Penalties
Once you are convicted, you'll endure another round of consequences―more serious ones. The first time you are convicted of DUI, there is a mandatory fine of at least $250. Your driver's license will be revoked for one year.

After your second offense, there is a mandatory minimum $500 fine, driver's license revocation for three years, and possible jail time up to one year. If it is within five years of your first offense, there is a mandatory 20 days in jail―10 days if within 10 years of your first offense.

For your third DUI offense, there is a mandatory $1,000 minimum fine and an indefinite license revocation. You will be prosecuted for a Class 6 felony. If it's within five years of your previous DUI, there is a mandatory six-month jail term. Within 10 years, the mandatory jail term is 90 days. Either way, you will also permanently forfeit your vehicle, if you are the sole owner.

When your blood alcohol concentration is 0.2% or higher when you are arrested, your penalty will include a mandatory minimum 10-day jail sentence in addition to your other penalties. The second such offense within 10 years carries a mandatory minimum jail sentence of 20 days in addition to the other penalties.

If you have two drunk driving convictions within 10 years, you must install an ignition interlock system on all vehicles you own either solely or with another person. If you fail to do so, you face a possible Class 1 misdemeanor charge and risk having your license revoked―again―for one year. Plus, you may be put into jail for up to one year and be nailed with a $2,500 fine.

No felonies here in Wisconsin. Some guy here in Milwaukee was just nailed for number 14. And the local news station taped him driving away from the court hearing.

No felonies here in Wisconsin. Some guy here in Milwaukee was just nailed for number 14. And the local news station taped him driving away from the court hearing.

That is just unreal...14?!!!! When he finally kills someone, then perhaps the state will realize they have an problem?! I can't imagine what a family would feel like if he kills a loved one, knowing a moron like that was allowed to get that many without being charged with a felony and in jail. :banghead:

That is just unreal...14?!!!! When he finally kills someone, then perhaps the state will realize they have an problem?! I can't imagine what a family would feel like if he kills a loved one, knowing a moron like that was allowed to get that many without being charged with a felony and in jail. :banghead:

He almost killed someone, But that is a seperate trial here. Was out on bail

No chance Vabs. Its happened here already. A good friend of mine had license issues early on in life (not drinking related) and was without a license for MANY years. He got pulled over all the time, and just got another driving after revocation ticket and was on his way. He lost his license for not paying tickets, so they meant nothing to him. 9 times out of 10, the cop would let him drive away after writing the ticket. Drove me crazy..

Thats BS right there. Im new to Texas but I here they are tough here. It's tough in AZ but not as much as VA. Fine for 1st DUI in AZ is $2500. no driving for 6 months and mandatory 24hrs in the slammer. #2 get you 1yr of no driving, same fine, and 30 days in jail. #3 is 90 days in jail, 10 fine and another year of no driving, 4 is a felony, no more driving ever and min 1 year in jail.

One big problem with DUI laws I believe in WI and AZ is after you get convicted you can still get an occupational license. And I know many many people that all they had was an occupational license and carried a shovel and a rake in their car or truck and just tell the cop they are coming home or going to work. But meanwhile they were at the bar or have an open container in the vehicle. The system is not right. I would use your camera and video the guy after the hearing the judge will probably just say suspend his license do not drive if he even has a license right now anyway and follow him getting in his car and driving away. Call him in and follow him so the police know whee he is and pull him over.

One big problem with DUI laws I believe in WI and AZ is after you get convicted you can still get an occupational license. And I know many many people that all they had was an occupational license and carried a shovel and a rake in their car or truck and just tell the cop they are coming home or going to work. But meanwhile they were at the bar or have an open container in the vehicle. The system is not right. I would use your camera and video the guy after the hearing the judge will probably just say suspend his license do not drive if he even has a license right now anyway and follow him getting in his car and driving away. Call him in and follow him so the police know whee he is and pull him over.

3 weeks ago Channel 4 News did just that and when they called the Police they were told that there was nobody availble for something that petty. They even had the tape to prove it. It is a very sad thing here.

Very sad, and so unreal in this day and age...I guess I didn't realize some states just don't take it all seriously. It's a big damn deal here in VA, and I'm sure we have our share that get off on technicalities or pay the high-priced lawyer who knows a judge, but overall, VA doesn't play around with drunk driving...

YES, PLEASE; Keep us updated on the outcome of this and if ever yall are down south, HOLLA!!:thumbsup:

It is unfortunate because until someone dies or gets killed DUI is not considered a violent crime.
Very rarely does somebody do jail time for deweys. I know several people here who've had several and still have what they call a 'work only' license which is complete bs.

I do hope she gets some justice.

Back