Ordered some new shorty boots

Rothman

"Professional Lurker"
Registered
I have been wanting some shorty boots for my daily ride to and from work so I did some research and found these...

MASEI MOTORCYCLE 101 BOOT SHOE White size 45 46 47 | eBay

I was really diggin the Thor 50/50 boots as well but they don't offer much protection. These are Chinese knockoffs of the Sidi streetburner, down to the detail even the name streetburner. Hopefully they are worth a darn but for less than half the price of the sidi, I figured I'd give em a shot. I'll give some feedback when they come in, apparently that will be a month or so :(

BTW, I have full length boots for the spirited rides. These are just for my commute.

Sidi knockoffs ! Not bad if they are built good enough . let us know when you get them

Saw that shipping is $35. How much has a pair sold for in the past? If you have not yet bought the Masei, may I recommend these for $80: Alpinestars Blacktop Shoes from SportbikeTrackGear.com

alpinestars_blacktop_shoes_front_600.jpg

I already ordered. Got mine for buy it now $99 and free shipping. Not bad, in my opinion (guess we'll really see when they get here). I saw those Alpines but I really wanted a set without laces.

Maybe its my imagination but the Sidi's seem to be a little sleeker and slimmer (sexier). I'm anxious to see how they look when they show up. Keep us informed.

Okay, just got my boots or at least, I just got home from a trip and my boots were here. I am truly blown away by how nice these things are. Totaly sharp looking. Everything seems to be very well built and made of quality material with the exception of the ratchet system and the vents.
The ratchet system is my only real concern with them. It's a pretty small system and I'm not sure if the internals are metal or not. Also, the release lever sticks out a bit far (just a cosmetic thing not a function issue) I guess only time will tell whether or not the ratchets will hold up.
The vents are a bit on the cheaper side. Imagine a $50 helmets slide vents, yup... that's it. Not a big deal though as they are functional.
They have a reinforced toe box just like the Sidi's. It has a decent insole and the lining is mesh like the Sidi's as well. They are true to size, I wear a 12 so I ordered a 47 and they are a perfect 12-1/2. To me they seem a bit narrow but, I have incredibly wide, flat feet. I wouldn't say that their uncofortably narrow though. They are fairly comfortable, I guess as comfortable as could be expected from a boot that's designed to be somewhat rigid around the ankle for support.
I have not ridden with them yet but, I'll probably give them a spin tomorrow or Sunday and report back. As of right now, I would not hesitate in the least to buy another pair.

Here are a few pics....
IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

Wish I had a good reason to buy boots... I wear Catapillers which are sturdy plus inexpensive. I tried racing boots and it felt like my feet were in a girdle and have been taking hostage, dnt even want to talk about the cramping. Guess thats what i get from having WIDE feet. I also tried the Icon Field Armor Boots- complete garbage! Couldn't shift or downshift in those. Nice set of commuters though

Those things look just like my Sidi's. Mine don't have the chrome heal guards, they're black. I think they look less gaudy. I picked them up for less than $200 at the new bike show. Hopefully the knock off's won't fall apart.

i have the sidi short boot in black and there the best boot ever and as for knock off's on protection well its your feet and they wont be same quality as the sids

but better to wear a boot than a trainer whatever boot it is:thumbsup:

Took my first ride in these this morning. They're more comfortable than I originaly thought. Very good feel of the pegs through the soles. I think once I have more time in them and they break in a bit more, they are going to be perfect. Really cranked the ratchet down to see how she would hold up, far too tight for comfort, and they held up just fine. So far so great!

Took my first ride in these this morning. They're more comfortable than I originaly thought. Very good feel of the pegs through the soles. I think once I have more time in them and they break in a bit more, they are going to be perfect. Really cranked the ratchet down to see how she would hold up, far too tight for comfort, and they held up just fine. So far so great!

they are narrow like the sids are.
i walked the dog in mine a few times as they were so solid and tight at first, but after a few walks and rides etc they are a great fit now and a pleasure to ride in as you dont have the bulk of a boot and ankle is more free so not a tiring when doing lots of gear changes.

plus you can walk aroud like you got shoes on :thumbsup:

Quick update:

I have been riding in these for a little while now and they are breaking in amazingly well. They are holding up quite nicely besides one of the screws that hols the heel bumper on that I stripped out. They are very comfortable. I almost don't want to ride without these ones in particular anymore. I love these things. I was riding for about 6 hours today and they were great. The vents actually work quite well. Parts on these are interchangeable to actual sidi parts too, checked with a fellow riders boots. All materials look exact to that used on real sidis. The only thing I noticed, since I did quite a bit of walking around in them today as well, is that since my feet are wide my pinkie toe rubs the backside of the screw where the toe slider mounts. Not bad mind you, just something I noticed. I would not suggest walking for hours in these for that reason alone.

Quick update2:

I still love these things. Quite a bit of riding in them at this point. They are holding up quite nicely with the exception of the sole. The sole seems to be wearing away more quickly than I would have expected. The only real walking I do in them is from my bike into work and back (not far). The ratchets are still working very well to my surprise. At this point, were they to be stolen, I would buy another pair in a heart beat.

Another update:

I broke one of the ratchets today.... It was tight but I wanted that extra click or two, apparently I was turning it the wrong direction and SNAP! The pawl and release lever broke off. When I get home I will see if there is any hope of repair but from a quick glance, I'm fairly sure that their trashed. If that's the case, I'll contact Masei directly to try and get replacement parts. It really sucked riding into work without these things.

Back