Extended warranty's.

newman

Registered
Just read on another thread about the guy with an extended warranty.
When I brought my Busa new in Dec 2010 the guy was going through a load of things like do you want tyre insurance and stuff like that.
When it came to the extended warranty bit he said I've got to read you this, so he read it to me then said, I'm not supposed to say this but the Busa is under warranty for two years anyway, and if anythings going to go wrong it's going to go wrong within the two years anyway, and the Busa is so reliable I don't think you need the extended warranty.
I wouldn't have got in anyway, but was pleasantly surprise that he didn't try to force it on me like some shops try too, as usually the sales person is on commission for selling these things.
So thumbs up from me to this guy. He also fitted my alarm free for me as well.

Um, the 'Busa's warranty is only for 12 months though..
So I wouldn't have believed anything he says.. :poke:
:laugh:

Remember, Newman is from across the pond. Suzuki Great Britain does give a two year warranty. Good of him to be honest with you though. You'll likely not need the warranty at all, but it does give some peace of mind.

We're lucky in England we get a two year unlimited mileage warranty, plus I got free breakdown cover for a year as well.

What is up with that? They must know that over here we beat the crap outta them?

Bell Curve, Things have failures when new, or very old and worn. So basically 1 year covers the new part.

Breakdown cover. Road side assistance, it says if you breakdown someone will be sent to repair bike, if they cant and your machine can't be repaired locally in a reasonable time they will take you one passenger and the bike to any mainland UK destination.
If your bike breakdowns at home and they can't fix if they will take it to a Suzuki dealer for you. This is free for 12 months, after that it cost £99 per year.

Under the two year warranty you have to get the bike to and from your dealer yourself.

Back