hindle high mount vs. brock(hindle)

saygbye

10 sec L
Donating Member
Registered
stock right now. have a chance to get a hindle high mount for the cheap. any one know the difference between the two,as far a power wise? i know hindle makes both but the "mufflers" are different. hindle is high mount. brock is the alien shorty.
are the headers the same? and does one make more power than the other ?dyno results to back up opinions please. not just brocks is better cause its brocks if you know what i mean.
i had a yoshi on my old bike and my friend had a akrapovic and the bikes were within 2 hp of each other but his akra was $400 more bucks. so it seems to me almost any aftermarket header & pipe are gonna be close to each other, no?

Just tell me the AH is black too, and you might not have to worry about buying it :laugh:

The AH will bring 12 to 15 RWHP don't know about the High Mount.

stock right now. have a chance to get a hindle high mount for the cheap. any one know the difference between the two,as far a power wise? i know hindle makes both but the "mufflers" are different. hindle is high mount. brock is the alien shorty.
are the headers the same? and does one make more power than the other ?dyno results to back up opinions please. not just brocks is better cause its brocks if you know what i mean.
i had a yoshi on my old bike and my friend had a akrapovic and the bikes were within 2 hp of each other but his akra was $400 more bucks. so it seems to me almost any aftermarket header & pipe are gonna be close to each other, no?

I just recently finished installing my Tsukigi full 4-2-1 system on my otherwise stock 99 Busa. I have been racing and building cars for years and I can tell you that the welds and bends on this system match some of the highest quality headers that I have seen in the car aftermarket. I am trying to schedule a dynotune within the next month. When I do I will report back the results. I got the Tsukigi that list for $1345, off of EBay for $525 shipped to my front door. I'm confident that it will perform just as good as the Brocks, as much as I would have been with the Vance & Hines universal header option. It's all about the tune afterwards.

I haven't been on this particular forum too long but suspect that this forum is much like every other forum, there are a few guys that really know their stuff, and then others that are just going to buy something because everybody else has one. Example I had a friend who was the first to push a stock displacement manual tranny supercharged C5 into the 9's and he was using the cheapest headers available. I had people tell me I needed heads that cost $3k in order to make 1k bhp on my car, but I did it with ported stock heads for less than 1/2 the price.

It pays to shop around, I picked up a PCIIIUSB from a forum member for $75 shipped to me.

Old thread, but since my March post I've looked at the Yoshi website and found that they actually sell a pipe that reduces performance and the best I could find info on generated an astounding 5 RWHP. My short meg is suppose to produce between 12 and 15 RWHP. So different pipes make a difference.

Old thread, but since my March post I've looked at the Yoshi website and found that they actually sell a pipe that reduces performance and the best I could find info on generated an astounding 5 RWHP. My short meg is suppose to produce between 12 and 15 RWHP. So different pipes make a difference.

What all do you have done to your bike? After the dyno tune optimization did your ETs get better, or if no track how much hp did you pick up from your mods?

No tune, no dyno. Just going by the manufacturers website info. I feel that Yosh and Brocks are honest about their stuff. Greg use to do a lot of dyno testing for us, but he's not around much. Our loss. I bought the bike new with the short meg, and they put a PCIII with a base map for my pipe a few weeks later. I wish that ECU tuning had been where it's at today 3 1/2 years ago and that i was close to someone that knows what their doing. That's the route I would have gone and it would have probably been cheaper as well as better. I haven't had the '08 on the track. Need to do that this fall when it starts cooling off. The bike makes better power in cooler weather.

No tune, no dyno. Just going by the manufacturers website info. I feel that Yosh and Brocks are honest about their stuff. Greg use to do a lot of dyno testing for us, but he's not around much. Our loss. I bought the bike new with the short meg, and they put a PCIII with a base map for my pipe a few weeks later. I wish that ECU tuning had been where it's at today 3 1/2 years ago and that i was close to someone that knows what their doing. That's the route I would have gone and it would have probably been cheaper as well as better. I haven't had the '08 on the track. Need to do that this fall when it starts cooling off. The bike makes better power in cooler weather.

Cooler denser air will always make more power. I feel the base MAPS are just that though. Since last Satudays install I have tried the Tsukigi and Akrapovic base MAPs, I then spoke with Tech support at Dyno jet and explained my setup and they recommended the Hindle full step MAP on their sight. I put it in and ended up mixing the Hindle and Tsukigi base MAPs and everything feels pretty smooth now, I will still get it dyno tuned though.

After logging over 100 dyno runs while R&D'ing My first TT on my car, the way I look at the need for a dyno tune is the same way I feel about all of my car mods, and that is that I have probably seen 20 identical cars on the same day and on the same dyno all put down different numbers. There are always tweaks that help squeeze more HP out just because of manufacture variations. Another way I relate to it, it's kind of like when you go into Best Buy and see all of the TVs on the wall, and although they have the same specs, they all look different. Dyno is for tuning to optimize power, so I'm probably not going to rely on the base MAP. I am fortunate to live 1.5 hours away from one of the best tuners in the country.

Back