Stoner versus Valentino

I can't argue the merits of the handling of the Honda versus the Ducati. But I eye witnessed the fact that the Ducati was getting pulled in the straights by the Honda. I also witnessed one of the most stunning passes I have ever seen when Stoner took out Pedrosa at the beginning (top) of the corkscrew. It was the most dangerous place to pass that you can think of..ballzest move I ever saw.

i dont think so, Rossi is driving the pants off that thing, with what he has to work with he is doing very well

Ok... I think all the top ten guys in MotoGP are very Damn good riders! I like Stoner and Rossi, but I think Rossi has a lot on his plate in order to get on the podium. First off Rossi was with Honda, and at the time it was the number one bike to be on. Honda has some deep pockets and usually is willing to put a lot of money into development with a great race team that shows results. When rossi went to Yamaha, it was the second rate bike. Yamaha was willing to let Rossi and his crew to go through and develop its MotoGP Bike. Yamaha spent some money and was able to make it the number one bike to be on. The first season with Yamaha wasnt an easy one. But Rossi's skill and his crew helped cover the bikes flaws and he was able to ride to win! Now his move to Ducati...... This is a third rate bike when you look at the MotoGP field. Rossi and his crew have there work cut out for them. I didnt expect him to make waves this year like he did on the Yamaha. But I do see progress, but not the progress you are use to seeing from him and his crew. The bike is looking more stable then last years bike or even the bike they started out this year. I think Rossi will make more of a showing next year, since he developing nexts year bike. Like said above I dont expect it to be a barn burner yet, but when they find that magic, you will see him up front again. Remember Rossi isnt just a champion racer, he is also know for his developmental skills...look what he did at Honda.... look what at he did for Yamaha... and now he has his work cut out for him at Ducati.

Stoner did the right thing in my opinion and went to where he can win! Honda was willing to put some money into their MotoGP program this year too. So, Stoner and Honda are showing to be a great combination this year. I think Stoner is one hell of a rider. He rode his rear off when he was on the Ducati, but the Ducati would also come unglued too. He went from the third rate bike in the field to the first rate bike, so I am not surprised by his winning results! Smart move Stoner!

Ok... I think all the top ten guys in MotoGP are very Damn good riders! I like Stoner and Rossi, but I think Rossi has a lot on his plate in order to get on the podium. First off Rossi was with Honda, and at the time it was the number one bike to be on. Honda has some deep pockets and usually is willing to put a lot of money into development with a great race team that shows results. When rossi went to Yamaha, it was the second rate bike. Yamaha was willing to let Rossi and his crew to go through and develop its MotoGP Bike. Yamaha spent some money and was able to make it the number one bike to be on. The first season with Yamaha wasnt an easy one. But Rossi's skill and his crew helped cover the bikes flaws and he was able to ride to win! Now his move to Ducati...... This is a third rate bike when you look at the MotoGP field. Rossi and his crew have there work cut out for them. I didnt expect him to make waves this year like he did on the Yamaha. But I do see progress, but not the progress you are use to seeing from him and his crew. The bike is looking more stable then last years bike or even the bike they started out this year. I think Rossi will make more of a showing next year, since he developing nexts year bike. Like said above I dont expect it to be a barn burner yet, but when they find that magic, you will see him up front again. Remember Rossi isnt just a champion racer, he is also know for his developmental skills...look what he did at Honda.... look what at he did for Yamaha... and now he has his work cut out for him at Ducati.

Stoner did the right thing in my opinion and went to where he can win! Honda was willing to put some money into their MotoGP program this year too. So, Stoner and Honda are showing to be a great combination this year. I think Stoner is one hell of a rider. He rode his rear off when he was on the Ducati, but the Ducati would also come unglued too. He went from the third rate bike in the field to the first rate bike, so I am surprised to the out come of his results! Smart move Stoner!

Well said.

I am still pulling for Spies & Colin Edwards, they may not be #1 but I keep supporting those stand up and entertaining guys.

Well said.

I am still pulling for Spies & Colin Edwards, they may not be #1 but I keep supporting those stand up and entertaining guys.

Oh I am a Colin Fan, a Spies Fan (New Spies helmet on its way!), and a Nickey fan too! I do like seeing the USA boys do there best! Go team USA!

That Edwards is halarious he has a great sense of humor!

And everytime I see him he has a different US armed forces hat on supporting the troops.

From an interview... "Edwards has been seen wearing a Marines cap during interviews at MotoGP races. When asked about it he replied:

“My heart goes out to these guys…here we’ve got guys who are giving their lives to fight for our freedom, and yet you still have people who are so against…I can understand being against the war, but at the end of the day, you still have to support the guys who are out there doing it. It doesn’t matter what your belief might be. At the end of the day, they just don’t get enough respect. That’s the only thing I can do.â€￾

:thumbsup: for Colin! He is :rofl::rofl:! And one hella of a rider! I remember him and Troy Bayliss mixing it up in WSB! WOW what a race that was!
Imola 2002: Colin Edwards vs. Troy Bayliss‬‏ - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't argue the merits of the handling of the Honda versus the Ducati. But I eye witnessed the fact that the Ducati was getting pulled in the straights by the Honda. I also witnessed one of the most stunning passes I have ever seen when Stoner took out Pedrosa at the beginning (top) of the corkscrew. It was the most dangerous place to pass that you can think of..ballzest move I ever saw.

apparently you didnt watch laguna 2008. stoner cried about that move for a while.

rossi_stoner1.jpg

saygbye...yeah i saw it on the monitor..but that was only one of about half a dozen off the map out of this world hard azz riding that day betwixt the two of them...one of the best showdowns in MotoGP racing....But this one I saw as it happened...so a little different qualification there.

Back