Best gen1 busa battery?????

Im needing a battery also . Currentlly have a Yuasa YT12A-BS
That model is an AGM . So im confused as to the Lead acid Yuasa's
I'd be willing to try a Moto batt also Whats the cost on those ?

wish I would have seen this thread earlier. I just bought a Yuasa YTZ14S last week. :banghead:

Just what in the hell ya got on there that'd suck a battery dry after one start? Sounds like you definately overloaded the electrical/charging system. Have you calculated the demand from your devices vs. what the stator puts out? If you're drawing more amps than the stator puts out then you're just killing whatever battery you put on there. Only fix would be to get a high output stator.

How may devices do you have on there that are drawing power even when the bike is off? If you have an amp meter, disconnect the positive cable from the battery then connect the meter between the two with positive cable of the meter to the positive battery post. If you have a drain on the battery it should show the amount of amps being drawn when the bike is just sitting (off). I'm not sure about the Busa but for autos 20-50mA is acceptable.

Last edited:
I have a 1.5 year old Battery plus in my bike. I am going to take it out and bring it in my office and use as a paperweight. I rode to lunch, left the headlight on for 45 seconds and it wouldnt start. POS!!!!

It doesnt even hold 12 volts with the switch off. Time to decide on a new battery.

Is the Yuasa YTZ14S , a direct bolt in? It's about $150 best I can tell

i had a bad experience with motobatt batteries....

I love my new PB-2 from Fast By Gast. Double the juice of a stock battery :thumbsup:

The aftermarket replacement Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa (1999 - '07) Motorcycle battery is guaranteed to meet or exceed OEM specifications at a reduced price.

MotoBatt's have a higher CCA than the Yuasa's & are an AGM battery vs a traditional lead acid battery like the Yuasa. MotoBatts also have 2-year free replacement warranty too so when people say they are junk, I'm not sure how they come up with that since it's only been on the market for a little over 6 months.

Cross Reference chart & CCA chart is here:
http://www.pashnit.com/pics/products/motobatt/ReverseCrossReference.pdf

The Motobatt specs on their site don't match the specs in the pdf you linked.

Shows the MBTX9U to be just a 160cca battery vs the 230 shown in your link.

Which are the correct specs - anyone know ?

page 7

http://www.motobatt.com/MotoBattCrossReference.pdf

I have a 1.5 year old Battery plus in my bike. I am going to take it out and bring it in my office and use as a paperweight. I rode to lunch, left the headlight on for 45 seconds and it wouldnt start. POS!!!!

It doesnt even hold 12 volts with the switch off. Time to decide on a new battery.

Is the Yuasa YTZ14S , a direct bolt in? It's about $150 best I can tell

I've heard similar before and same about other brands that are relabled.

Yes , the YTZ14S is a direct fit .

230cca on that one vs 175cca for the stock Gen1 Yuasa YT12A-BS

Back to actual topic since it might be searched for later.

I was looking for a new battery when Frisbee posted about the Shorai Lithium . I was ready to buy a YTZ14S and wasn't too hip on any of the lithium's until reading all about these in particular, in the FAQ's . Pricey but also could be also be worth it. Time will tell , as always . :D

ShoraiUsa - LFX18A1-BS12

I've had terrible luck Battery plus as well, not to mention the size was slightly larger than stock.

Yuasa only! Original lasted 8 years! On my second Batteries Plus now. First lasted 13 months. Luckily I bought the extended warranty. This battery is already giving problems with slower cranking. I've talked to friends whom have worked there. The return of bike batteries is HUGE! They say they are junk. I agree!! Back to Yuasa next time!!:rulez:

I have had zero issues with mine. But if I ever do, Ill get that motobatt. (just because its yellow) :laugh:
Batt1.jpg

Gauge1.jpg

Thats the clock set button.

Me thinks if one cannot figure out two buttons on the dash then one's advice on electronics (batteries) should be taken with a grain of salt and a smigen of skepticism.

True Gel battery from Iron Pony. I was lazy and kept it in my bike over the winter (Ohio) and 3 weeks would go by between start ups and it worked like a champ every time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back to actual topic since it might be searched for later.

I was looking for a new battery when Frisbee posted about the Shorai Lithium . I was ready to buy a YTZ14S and wasn't too hip on any of the lithium's until reading all about these in particular, in the FAQ's . Pricey but also could be also be worth it. Time will tell , as always . :D

ShoraiUsa - LFX18A1-BS12

How's it working?

Sent from Iphone 4 via Tapatalk.

I'm still running the original battery on my 2007 'Busa. Cranks every time!
Still running the original battery in my '03 Cobra I bought in June of 2002: now 9 years old. starts every time.

So far.

CW

A buddy of mine found an aftermarket lithium
Ion battery for his Ducati. Said it had higher cranking amps than stock and saved like 6lbs. Might be worth looking into.

Back