Advice needed

virkdoc

Registered
Hi everyone
I am new here and need some advice. I was planning to buy a used 2008 orange and black hayabusa, but before I could pick it up the original owner crashed it. He skidded in a turn and the bike dragged on for sometime on its right side.I didnt hit any object but just slid. The damage includes right fairing, right side rear turn signal and the complete housing in which the turn signal is there, also the tank would need to be replaced since it is scratched and has a big dent.
The screen is gone and so are the top covers of both the brake and clutch reservoir....dont know how that happened.
Also the frame on the right side has a dent in it...not bent or anything but a dent. He contacted me today and said he can gimme the bike very cheap and I can get it fixed.
My question is that does it make sense to buy it? Also would the dent in the frame be a concern? The plastics etc can be replaced just the dent in the frame was bothering me.
Thanks
Ron

Welcome to the oRg. Personally, if it was me, I would move on and purchase an unwrecked bike. That is just me, I dont like having anything that has been wrecked. It would be interesting to see what the insurance company says about the frame, you dont want to purchase a bike that was a total loss. Unless he is making you a really cheap deal. Get yourself a parts list and call Justin and then you will have an idea of how much it will take to repair it. http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/shop.htm

Welcome. +100 to points above by twotonevert. Be patient and keep looking, there is a BETTER bike out there for you.

Thanks guys....guess I would wait...actually am in India and not too many bikes are available
Thanks again everyone

Pass...find another bike without any damage.
Posted via Mobile Device

Walk on this deal... Crashed bike = NO GO! Especially with frame damage...

An insurance company would total that bike in a second.

Oh, and :welcome:

if you were going to buy it then the seller shouldn't have been riding it. move on. buy a bike that isn't wrecked:whistle: and :welcome: bro.

Well, this is my personal opinion. Check to see if the frame is good. Make sure it is only cosmetic damage. Take it to a mechanic or someone you trust. I have bought my self a downed bike with only cosmetic damages. It'll just give you time to customize and make it your own bike with all that extra money!:laugh: just my .02 cents Remeber safety first. if any part of the frame is bent, it's useless. Good luck

Thanks guys....guess I would wait...actually am in India and not too many bikes are available
Thanks again everyone

:welcome: Where abouts in India are you? Pass on the bike. Getting parts to fix it will be very difficult and very expensive in India, and I wouldn't ride a bike with a dented frame.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

Don't even think about buying it.

I'm thinking it came back over on him during a wheelie to scratch the reservoir covers :dunno:

Welcome to the oRg. Personally, if it was me, I would move on and purchase an unwrecked bike. That is just me, I dont like having anything that has been wrecked. It would be interesting to see what the insurance company says about the frame, you dont want to purchase a bike that was a total loss. Unless he is making you a really cheap deal. Get yourself a parts list and call Justin and then you will have an idea of how much it will take to repair it. Shop Home Honda East Toledo Maumee, OH 1 (877) 437-1631

+1 I like to do all my own wrecking.:laugh:

Back