fuel injection in hayabusa

i am getting busa soon :bounce:
do u think that i should take 2000 or 2003-04 looking at a year only. has 2003 model something better than 2000???
please advise
thanks

The 99 thru 02 models had an in tank fuel pump and filter, also had 16 bit ecu's and aluminum sub frames. The 03 and up models were upgraded and seemed to have less issues. Not that there was anything wrong with the earlier models, they were just a little more involved when problems occured.

The 99-00 models had external fuel pumps and filters, 220 mph speedo's and alum subframes. The intank pumps, 185 mph speedo's and steel subframes started with the 01 models. Also, the 02-up models had a factory "cushion" in the clutch wheras the earlier models did not. I was thinking that it was 02 when the 32 bit ECU's started.
99-07 show mpg

The 99-00 models had external fuel pumps and filters, 220 mph speedo's and alum subframes. The intank pumps, 185 mph speedo's and steel subframes started with the 01 models. Also, the 02-up models had a factory "cushion" in the clutch wheras the earlier models did not. I was thinking that it was 02 when the 32 bit ECU's started.
99-07 show mpg

Crap, am I mistaken? I thought those years had internal. My apologies.

Plus dont forget that the starter clutch was revised for 2003 onwards as trying to start a 99-02 model with low voltage if the starter could not swing the engine, then there was a strong possiblity that it use to damage engine casings, best to stick to 2003 and up but i prefer to look at a 2004 model, at least you have all the bugs worked out.

The 99 thru 02 models had an in tank fuel pump and filter, also had 16 bit ecu's and aluminum sub frames. The 03 and up models were upgraded and seemed to have less issues. Not that there was anything wrong with the earlier models, they were just a little more involved when problems occured.

'03 and newer have less problems +1...

As for the rest...watcha' talking about James ???

'99-'00 had external fuel pumps and aluminum subframes...2001 has a 16 bit ECU...2002- and newer models have 32 bit ECU.
Posted via Mobile Device

Get an 03. All the newest stuff, and you can tune the ECU right outta the box. I had to convert my 99 to the newer ECU, harness, etc to get the full tuning ability. The intank pump setup is all around easier/better. The external ones have some problems and kinking is more of an issue.

also, less years of wear and tear on the whole bike is never a bad thing. I love my 99, but it's been a lot of work.

the 02 has everything the 03 on up does. It was the first 3 years that they were different.

NEED HELP!!!??? my 01 with 28k miles stock has been bogging on me. i took of gas tank and cleaned it best i could at home. i took out injectors and cleand them best i could, i didnt see any more debri on them. the bike ran great for a week but ended up going boggers on me again. i am lost and dont know what to do. i ran seafoam through the tank as well and still no results. any input would be great thanks

Bone stock, no mods?

IF you had a noticeable difference after the cleaning, the first thing I would do is to take your pump out and clean it (if you didn't do this already). On the same day, I would probably install an inline fuel filter (make sure it is fuel injection, hopefully a clear plastic one so you can see if debris is getting caught, meaning your tank is still the problem).

It doesn't make much sense for the problem to go away for a week after cleaning, and then come back if it's not a debris in fuel problem. The inline filter should fix it and let you know if it's the problem. If that's not it, I'd come back with more info and try a few more things. (maybe getting the injectors professionally cleaned. also, might as well change the plugs while you're there. *this is all assuming you don't have kinked lines.)

thanks lucid, funny that my buddy i talked to told me the same thing about the clear plastic filter. i did not know they even existed. i guess i will try that this week and see what happens. if i do ride it like this, the bogging, am i causing any harm to the bike or is it just not running right, and thats all? thanks bro

It really depends on what it is. Basically if your running lean for some reason, and you keep riding you can really develop some heat and do some damage internally. If rich, you can get things really dirty inside, eventually causing problems. Overall, I'd say most scenarios that the problem could be will eventually cause damage, and I definitely wouldn't go WOT or really ride hard at all until you fix it.

My bike has acted this way when it was just a battery one summer. I kept thinking fuel related and I was messing with fuel stuff when a new battery eventually solved it. Might check yours. Battery has to be in top shape for it to send proper voltage to the injectors (and everything else), which may explain this.

Back