chains, chains, and more chains...choices

EK ZZZ(also what I plan on buying soon) or chain of equal quality available in black? Anyone? I've been looking and can't find any that look quality. Going to replace it soon and still slowly blacking out my bike, wouldn't mind getting rid of the bright gold chain:laugh:

EK ZZZ(also what I plan on buying soon) or chain of equal quality available in black? Anyone? I've been looking and can't find any that look quality. Going to replace it soon and still slowly blacking out my bike, wouldn't mind getting rid of the bright gold chain:laugh:

get the zzz in chrome. Its more of silver look rather than chrome. Looks real nice on the bike :thumbsup:

The EK ZVX2 530 comes in black and is rated for up to 1400cc sportbikes. I'm currently running a ZZZ but this may be my next chain.

This is probably obvious, but recommend you swap out the sprockets while you're at it. Nothing will destroy a new chain faster than old worn sprockets. FWIW, usually cheapest to buy a chain and sprocket kit if you're going with steel in stock ratios.

I read some where on here that somebody replaced their chain and kept the original sprokets and If I recall they have some serious miles logged since the swap and the sprokets and chain are still kosher. Im not an expert but I just couldnt find any facts to totally convince me that the chain and sprokets need to be changed at the same time....I replaced my chain with a zzz at bout 28k and the sprockets looked brand new so I left them alone. I have put about 4k on it since and not even had to make 1 chain adjustment yet..... I dont get on it all that much though....Maybe the fact the sprockets were hardly worn is the key to a chains life. Just my input.

The EK ZVX2 530 comes in black and is rated for up to 1400cc sportbikes. I'm currently running a ZZZ but this may be my next chain.

ZVX2 Tensile strength 10500 lbs, weight 4.89 lbs per 100 links

ZZZ Tensil strength 11000 lbs, weight 4.78 lbs per 100 links

They're both very close, and the ZVX2 is as you said available in black.
Jefro, you just found my next chain for me. Thank you sir!:thumbsup:

I read some where on here that somebody replaced their chain and kept the original sprokets and If I recall they have some serious miles logged since the swap and the sprokets and chain are still kosher. Im not an expert but I just couldnt find any facts to totally convince me that the chain and sprokets need to be changed at the same time....I replaced my chain with a zzz at bout 28k and the sprockets looked brand new so I left them alone. I have put about 4k on it since and not even had to make 1 chain adjustment yet..... I dont get on it all that much though....Maybe the fact the sprockets were hardly worn is the key to a chains life. Just my input.

If the sprockets are ate out any at all it can damage a new chain and shorten it's newfound life span. The issue would be multiplied if you put new sprockets on and used a worn out stretched chain, it will not fit perfectly in the new sprocket teeth and will wear a sprocket out in no time.

How much for a chain from Honda East Justin?

I'd hate to answer for him, some dealers do not list good prices due to manufacture guidelines...I'd send him a PM

That is strange, I ALWAYS get a response back in a timely manner. In fact, just bought myself an EK ZZZ chain from him, for the best price around!:thumbsup:

yeah i dont know why too???I pm him regarding the EK chain since last week.
Till now no reply at all.

If Justin doesn't answer, send him another e-mail. Things fall through the cracks. He normally responds quickly and has good prices.

Back