Passenger seat backrest

Lil guy Big Busa

Registered
My wife wants a backrest for her seat on the busa, and im all down for it, will make me feel better about her sliding off under hard acceleration, anybody have any ideas about what ones to get:thumbsup:

Corbin is the only one that makes one, unless you want to make your own. We love ours. Put over 300 miles on the corbins this weekend.

Corbin. bought mine new, some have found used for substantial savings!
:thumbsup:

Good luck w/your search.

IMG_0818.jpg

Question for you 2-up guys(not entirely off topic but I will start a new thread elsewhere), How much weight do you think the Gen1 subframe can handle? I've set up my '06 for touring with givi bags, filled with way too much stuff for a 10 day ride, they weigh in at 21lbs each. My wife and I have been talking about eliminating her bike from the heard and just having one 2-up touring bike, but its hard to find something with the performance of the 'busa without spending a fortune. Could the 'busa safely handle the full Givi bags, (42lbs total), my wife (160lbs geared up), and perhaps a small topcase/backrest (prolly 10lbs?)?? Or do ya'll think this would be overloaded for the frame and suspension?

thanks!!

To the OP, not trying to derail your thread... :)

The 06 should be fine, it has steel sub frame. The 99 and 00 models had aluminum if I remmeber correctly. If you are really worried about it, make sure you set up the suspension sag to travel 1/3 of the full suspension travel. If it is set too soft you could rub on your undertail. Other than that you should not have any issues.

Thanks TwoTon!! We will look further into this.

SloBusa, the backrest by itself was 229.00 on the corbin site. Not sure if this can be used with a stock seat or not.

Thanks TwoTon!! We will look further into this.

SloBusa, the backrest by itself was 229.00 on the corbin site. Not sure if this can be used with a stock seat or not.

No, it can not be used on the stock seat. The back rest is removable by a single allen head bolt. The back rest has a square bar that inserts into the seat that is about 6 inches long. After inserted you install the bolt and it locks in place.

Back