rectifier recall??

drnick

Registered
Just curious,is there any difference in apperance between the recalled rectifier and the newer one???,I didn't see any difference in the one I just replaced. Dr.N

Re: rectumfier recall??

I didn't look that close (mines hidden under the tail) but I believe the color was gray vs black. It seemed a bit larger, but I'm sure that was my imagination.

The part number is different on the new one. Check the bulletin and it shows the new part number. If that is not on your new one then you have the old style.

Has anyone had any problems if their rectifier has been relocated? Will the shop put it back in the new location or will they install the new one in the stock location?

My good buddy is my local service manager @ the suzuki dealership. He said it mounts in the same place, just puts out more juice.

My good buddy is my local service manager @ the suzuki dealership. He said it mounts in the same place, just puts out more juice.

I was actually wondering if you have relocated it will they put it in your new location rather than the stock one.

Just curious,is there any difference in apperance between the recalled rectifier and the newer one???,I didn't see any difference in the one I just replaced. Dr.N

OK,did anyone do a side by side comparison of the old and new rectifiers,or for that matter does anyone know the old and new Part #'s,because when I did a comparison, they both looked Identical....the new one was in a sealed box and the part# is 32800-15820-RXO???

OK,did anyone do a side by side comparison of the old and new rectifiers,or for that matter does anyone know the old and new Part #'s,because when I did a comparison, they both looked Identical....the new one was in a sealed box and the part# is 32800-15820-RXO???

Are you questioning the fact that Suzuki is replacing a known problem under warranty? You sound skeptical

Here's a new one....

IMG_20110305_143539.jpg

Are you questioning the fact that Suzuki is replacing a known problem under warranty? You sound skeptical

Here's a new one....

IMG_20110305_143539.jpg

That's the part# I installed,funny thing though MSRP on new part is $80,while the old part is titled under Rectifier assy.,and MSRP on the old part # is $219???....strange???I asked the Service Mgr. about the price diff.,and what constitutes a Rectifer Assy....he said,maybe Tie wraps:rofl:he had know idea.
They also took my old Rectifier:mad2:but if Suzuki doesn't recall old parts,He'll return it to me:whistle: Dr.N

Back