Need Advice -FI Light Keeps Coming On

Goes9s

Registered
I was hoping someone may know the cause for my FI light issue. I just finished my 1397 upgrade and when everything was put back together and we tested it on the dyno the FI light kept coming on when we hit the rev limiter. Didn't seem to hurt the power on the dyno run. Also when I road tested it the FI came on with just high RPMs. And another issue, the FI light comes on when I use the MSD Launch Master (2 step) for more that 3 seconds. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

To much injector dwell/duty cycle, maybe? Are you using a PCIII? What are your highest + numbers in the upper RPMs?

My launch master set my FI light. I don't remember how much time to takes, but it would set it every time.

Would having the bike in dealer mode help? Maybe it would flash a code when the fi light is on, and help you narrow it down.

To much injector dwell/duty cycle, maybe? Are you using a PCIII? What are your highest + numbers in the upper RPMs?

My launch master set my FI light. I don't remember how much time to takes, but it would set it every time.

Yes, I'm using a PCIII. I'm still using the stock rev limiter so on the dyno when we hit 11,200 the FI light comes on. One time the code sent was for inject 4 but we didn't see anything wrong with the wiring or connection. On the street it comes on when i get close to 10 -10.5k at hard acceleration. If I creep it up there, np.

So your FI light comes on too with the MSD Launch Master? Did you ever figure out what the issue was?

So your FI light comes on too with the MSD Launch Master? Did you ever figure out what the issue was?

Didn't see a way around it.. I was killing the fuel for shifting so I'd set the FI light on the run anyhow. It thinks a coil is going bad. All 4 of them.

Yes, I'm using a PCIII. I'm still using the stock rev limiter so on the dyno when we hit 11,200 the FI light comes on. One time the code sent was for inject 4 but we didn't see anything wrong with the wiring or connection. On the street it comes on when i get close to 10 -10.5k at hard acceleration. If I creep it up there, np.

Swap number 4 injector with 3 and see if the code moves.

Back