Big intank fuel pump

ROTREXPOWER

Donating Member
Registered
I have been working with a new fuel pump company and we can now offer a 330cc/min in tank fuel pump. This pump flows as much as a Bosch 044 and 37% more than a Walbro 255. AND it fits in the tank with only slight modifications.
A stock pump makes only 90cc/min at 3 bar.

- HAYABUSA 350CC IN TANK PUMP[/url]

DSC01886.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a walbro 255lph pump isn't it?
It's a GSS342 used commonly in modified Mustangs.
They can be had through Summit Racing for $89

What are the modifications that need to be made?
Do you have pictures of the mods?

Only the motor housing is the same as the 255, the motor and the pump ar totally different, you can just see the difference when you look down the outlet, its a ceramic vane pump not like the Walbro, it will also take methanol and ethanol. To fit the pump you need to cut a 6mm (1/4 inch) off the sides of the white plastic housing and a small mod to the filter connection and change the wiring connectors to the pump as you can see. The pump is £120 or less than $200 which is cheaper than a Bosch. To get such a simple solution is great for high bhp installs. I will get it on my ebay shop soon. I am trying to find an in tank solution to up the fuel pressure as well. We can squeeze up the regulator but its a bit iffy to do this as you can split the diaphramn. Then where do you get another reg from, I doubt if Suzuki have it as a separate part. (I hope they do).

Just a heads up bro, if you are going to sells these to members you will need to contact Captain to become a sponsor.

Sent you a PM----

Can you provide some pictures of the "modifications" that have to be made to install this pump into our busa's???
I am very interested in your pump as I have to find a replacement for my 2006 internal pump but I am not having much luck finding one.... I want a pump that will replace the OEM pump and I am OK with performing some modification to it as I know I will have to do this, just need to know what all I have to do:thumbsup:

Sent you a PM----

Can you provide some pictures of the "modifications" that have to be made to install this pump into our busa's???
I am very interested in your pump as I have to find a replacement for my 2006 internal pump but I am not having much luck finding one.... I want a pump that will replace the OEM pump and I am OK with performing some modification to it as I know I will have to do this, just need to know what all I have to do:thumbsup:

I got a spare OEM pump in good condition if you would like it.. let me know.

Here are the mods you need to do.
1. cut 6mm off the plastic slots (the pump is slightly taller) so you can get the 2 captive nuts on the steel towers.
2. sand off the green filter inlet until it is level with the spigot, this allows the pump to sit lower.
3. On re assembly leave out the black rubber damper, again this gives us a little more room to get the pump lower.
4. lift the thin red wire out of its plastic slot and move round the side slightly this gives a bit more slack so we are not putting stain on the wiring.
5. put 3 washers on the 2 electrical through connectors in the housing base. Again to take strain of the wires.
You can see my revised wire routing, all wires have slack.
I have used this set up with the Walbro for several years with no trouble. Now we have the new pump we can get even more fuel through the system. I am working on a quick release, dry joint system for a fuel return. I will post that when I have it finalised. :)

DSC01885.jpg

DSC01886.jpg

DSC01888.jpg

DSC01890.jpg

DSC01891.jpg

DSC01892.JPG

DSC01894.JPG

DSC01896.JPG

DSC01897.JPG

DSC01899.JPG

DSC01901.JPG

DSC01902.JPG

DSC01903.JPG

thanks for the pics.... I believe this must be a GEN II (2008-present) pump because it looks a little different from the GEN I (mine is a 2006) pump--- My GEN I pump has three connecting posts instead of the two in your pic--- I believe it would still work though on the GEN I, according to how it looks---

Are the fuel inlet and outlet ports (top and bottom of pump) the same diameter on the GEN I as the GEN II busa pumps???? If so, it looks as if it would work---

One more question though... on the GEN I pump the fuel "regulator" sits up close to where your two electrical connections are at on the pump (I didn't even see the regulator in the photos you show--- but I haven't seen how the GEN II internal pump set-up looks.... is there any interference issues with this pump and the regulator location???

Thanks very much for the information

Fantastic Richard great photos and description , are these available now ?

At what Hp do you recommend using one of these pumps ?

its difficult to say but I have had Walbro's run 500bhp at 3 bar on a S2000 so its way over that. But there are a lot of variables. injector size, fuel pressure, engine size.

What kind of tube do you use to insulate the cableshoes ?
Looks like some kind of rubber.
im a bit wooried about using normal shrink tube ,as i dont know if it will not "melt" (sorry .lack of term) in the fuel.

The only connecter we have changed are the 2 to the pump itself and these are off the shelf items. i have checked after use and they are not affected by the fuel.

Back