Wow Hardee's really?

Rongotti

Registered
So I started a diet on 01/03/11 and I am doing Atkins induction phase (normally for two weeks but its ok to extend it) until march 3rd. No alcohol, fruit, or sugar and less than 20 grams of carbs per day. My goal is to lose 40 lbs in 2 months. I am down 12 lbs in 2 weeks so I am a little ahead of schedule. I decided to give myself a treat and go to Hardee's and try their low carb thick burger. I must say maybe it is from not eating fast food for two weeks or something but that burger was sooo freakin awesome! lol I just didnt know if it was me or if anyone else had tried one.

Yes, great way to have a burger and maintain the atkins plan. Problem with adkins is the moment you come off it you gain the weight back with a vengance.

Yes, great way to have a burger and maintain the atkins plan. Problem with adkins is the moment you come off it you gain the weight back with a vengance.

thats what happened to me. I was good on the adkins for a month and a half, was doing good. but I cheated and ate pizza ( my fav ) then it was hard to go back to the diet. i lost almost 50 lbs in that time frame. put it all back on tho * and a few extra. i do want to get back on track with some kind of program tho, soon:laugh:.

Ouch! I probably figured on this, but sucks to hear it lol. I have always been athletic and healthy even as I was over weight. Once March 3rd rolls around I am going to re-investigate my options and go from there. I had a rough few years in Florida between my divorce, job loss and getting older (no longer play football and/or basketball). I am thinking once I am done with this first 40 lbs that I can start a long term solution to keep the weight off. I dont think I could live the rest of my life only eating 20 grams of carbs and not drinking lol. But I definitely think I can do something in moderation, as well as increase my exercise and continue running 5K's like I started 2 months ago. I am sure it will be a lot easier on my knees without all of this excess weight lol.

You will peak at some point but don't give up! Variety will keep you on this diet and cheating is good if done once a week After you've peaked.

Things you will notice AFTER a few weeks:

1. You won't be tired after waking up in the morning. Like taking a power nap.

2. Your appetite will shrink. You be a little hungry but you can skip the meal and won't think about missing it.

3. You'll lose the weight faster if you exercise along with the diet.

And like some have said, you will gain it back if you don't maintain your carb intake.

I started the Atkins 13 years ago when it was craze and everyone said it wasn't good for you. I go on and off to this day when I want to chuck some weight off quick. Good luck.

Thanks twist! Yea i agree abt the missing a meal thing lol never in my life could I skip meals but I actually have to remember to eat. It is nice to eat to live as oppsed to living to eat.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ouch! I probably figured on this, but sucks to hear it lol. I have always been athletic and healthy even as I was over weight. Once March 3rd rolls around I am going to re-investigate my options and go from there. I had a rough few years in Florida between my divorce, job loss and getting older (no longer play football and/or basketball). I am thinking once I am done with this first 40 lbs that I can start a long term solution to keep the weight off. I dont think I could live the rest of my life only eating 20 grams of carbs and not drinking lol. But I definitely think I can do something in moderation, as well as increase my exercise and continue running 5K's like I started 2 months ago. I am sure it will be a lot easier on my knees without all of this excess weight lol.

That's a lot for a man to go through. However with determination you can do anything. Go on youtube, and you will see thousands of videos of INCREDIBLE success with P90X. From both men and women, both young and very old.

Combine p90x with a vegetarian diet..... I repeat that again, a vegetarian diet..... last time, a VEGETARIAN DIET PACKED WITH FRUITS, VEGETABLES, AND WHOLE GRAINS and you will SKYROCKET your body into unbelievably good shape.

I know this from experience. There is nothing better than P90X

I started the Atkins 13 years ago when it was craze and everyone said it wasn't good for you. I go on and off to this day when I want to chuck some weight off quick. Good luck.

Read the link I posted, Atkins diets is much more harmful than beneficial

Last edited:
Secret to Atkins diet is you do not get off of it. It is a lifestyle change. It is basically a plan like what a diabetic should be on. It is not a bad thing to avoid processed sugars and eat healthy. I just started a diet and exercise plan. I have been taking Monavie's new diet bars and shakes. I drink the fruit drinks and energy drink, then couple hours later do a shake, then a bar for lunch and water, then a healthy dinner. Lost 10 pounds so far and feel really good. Lots of energy. I guess instead of monavie you could use atkins shakes and bars too.

Secret to Atkins diet is you do not get off of it. It is a lifestyle change. It is basically a plan like what a diabetic should be on. It is not a bad thing to avoid processed sugars and eat healthy. I just started a diet and exercise plan. I have been taking Monavie's new diet bars and shakes. I drink the fruit drinks and energy drink, then couple hours later do a shake, then a bar for lunch and water, then a healthy dinner. Lost 10 pounds so far and feel really good. Lots of energy. I guess instead of monavie you could use atkins shakes and bars too.

Yea I usually do a couple of eggs for breakfast with bacon, a burger with no bun for lunch and a steak for dinner and an Atkins shake or bar for a snack

anything to an extreme is unhealthy...moderation in everything...thats the way to go..

good luck with your diet.
just be careful, diets can be hard on ya. Atkins Facts - Atkins Killed Our Daughter

I personally know people that have lost weight on Atkins and kept it off and are much more healthy. Any diet should be done carefully but obesity kills more people than Atkins. The first stage of atkins is not healthy and honestly you should shy away from heavy exercise for first couple weeks as you are basically starving your body.

I'm believer that a vegetarian/ovo-lacto vegan diet is probably the most healthy. These diets inherently include fewer processed foods which we all know is healthier. Keeping dairy and eggs in your diet guarantees more protein and enough calcium especially for women. Add the occassional lean meat (like 1x per week) to keep down cravings and you should be good to go. Granted, I don't practice what I preach, but I'm working on cutting back on processed foods.

Atkins scares me...I don't see how cutting fruit out of one's diet can be healthy.

I'm believer that a vegetarian/ovo-lacto vegan diet is probably the most healthy. These diets inherently include fewer processed foods which we all know is healthier. Keeping dairy and eggs in your diet guarantees more protein and enough calcium especially for women. Add the occassional lean meat (like 1x per week) to keep down cravings and you should be good to go. Granted, I don't practice what I preach, but I'm working on cutting back on processed foods.

Atkins scares me...I don't see how cutting fruit out of one's diet can be healthy.

Fruit is actually LOADED with sugar! :(

I eat cuz I'm skinny :)
Hold a gun to my head and tell me to gain a lb and you may as well pull the trigger.
I was 6'3 180 up until about two months ago. Recently broke 200 lbs for the first time in my life :cheerleader: but you can't see a difference in me. My key to staying skinny is swimming.
Best way to burn it off and it's zero impact so it's not bad on your joints .

Any weight y'all lose please send my way as I could use a few extra.

Last edited:
Back