Stage 1 FMU query - Gen II

chunk1340

Registered
Once again I am encountering a small issue with the vacuum lines. I have a Gen II and am working from the supplied instructions, which are from a Gen 1.

The instructions say:

"There is a small white restrictor plug installed between the vacuum line and the FMU. This restrictor plug was installed before it left Velocity and must be in place for the system to work"

OK, is this different for the Gen II as the restrictor plug wasn't in place. If I need one, where can I get one?

Thanks

Or does this mean its integral?

fmu.jpg

I just finished a Velocity stage 1 kit. He supplies a hose that has a small white plug glued up inside of it about 1/2". Did you find that hose in your kit?

Steve

Thanks Steve. It's in the hose that was attached to the FMU. All good, bike runs, Just need to book the dyno now. :-)

Thanks Steve. It's in the hose that was attached to the FMU. All good, bike runs, Just need to book the dyno now. :-)

If your dyno guy finds that he cannot get enough fuel on top on boost than you can take that POS white restrictor and bin it where it belongs. That restrict "restricts" the signal going to the FMU, usually not allowing the FMU to rise much above 60 pounds of fuel pressure - which is usually not enough even on a Stage One. If you find that to be the case, run the signal hose without the restrictor, and you will see your fuel pressure go to 80-90 pounds on boost, where it needs to be for adequate fueling. Keep in mind that you want to stay under 100 pounds of fuel pressure at full honk.

Set it up to monitor fuel pressure when you are on the dyno, and you will see what I mean . . .:laugh:

Thank you very much for that. You gotta love this forum, genuine and knowledgable people. I will keep you informed. I had the bike put on the dyno a couple of weeks ago for a before and after comparison. Cheers

Back