Is the Hayabusa right for me?

msmathis01

Registered
Here's the deal. It's very hard for me to find a bike that "fits me". I'm 6'4" and weigh 225 lbs. I've sit on many different makes and models of bikes but none of them seem to fit my long legs. One day I sit on the Hayabusa and it fit like a glove. I've always liked how the Hayabusa's looked but more importantly, I love how I fit on the bike. I don't feel like a pretzel when I'm sitting on it.
I know the Hayabusa is a very serious bike that can get even the most experienced riders in trouble very quickly. I'm 35 years old and have only around 5k miles of riding under my belt over the past year(better late then never I guess). I started on a 250cc scooter then moved up to a 750 Honda shadow. I look like a monkey on a toy bike at the circus on these bikes due to my size. I'm not a speed demon and would never test the upper limits of the Hayabusa. I'm looking for the perfect cruiser and I'm really considering the Hayabusa due to my comfort level on the bike. I know all bikes require respect but even more so with the Hayabusa. Am I crazy for considering such an extreme machine for a cruiser? Will I ever be ready for the Hayabusa? Comments and suggestions from hayabusa owners will be greatly appreciated and taken seriously.

the hayabusa rocks. i say go for it. but you say u are looking for the perfect cruiser if so there are more comfortable bikes, like a cruiser for example. but it sounds like you like the busa and i have ridden mine for several hours and been fine. lots of guys here put my riding to shame. i have a custom seat and adjustable rearsets that make it more comfortable for me

First, welcome to the .org! I would read through this thread because it probably covers a lot of what you have going on in your mind: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/new-owners-forum/5494-gotta-ask-busa-good-first-bike.html. Many people get a Busa because it fits them size-wise. Others because of the speed factor. Some just because. If you know your limits and its capabilities you shouldn't have any problems. There are lots of people here to give you help if you need it.

no your not crazy, it is a nice crusing bike, you have limited room for accessories , but you would be riding the finest machine money can buy, yes better than the h/d in my opinion. and the bike is so much sexier than any thing else out there.

6'3" 240

i love it :)

to me the xz-14 is more comfy but i cant get past the front end

6'9 over with buell pegs installed for a little extra legs room, the bike fits perfect on me. For your size I say go for it, just respect the power

I'm 52 yrs old ,6'1 and 220 .The Busa fits me perfect.The leap you're making is rather large,BUT at 35 you prolly have some maturity in your riding habits.I'm no angel, but i took it easy for a long while before i cracked that throttle!!!!!
Never ever,forget that when you go really fast things change really really fast too!!!!!!!
By all means go for it ,and i wish you well,just be careful but not scared.

Here's the deal. It's very hard for me to find a bike that "fits me". I'm 6'4" and weigh 225 lbs. I've sit on many different makes and models of bikes but none of them seem to fit my long legs. One day I sit on the Hayabusa and it fit like a glove. I've always liked how the Hayabusa's looked but more importantly, I love how I fit on the bike. I don't feel like a pretzel when I'm sitting on it.
I know the Hayabusa is a very serious bike that can get even the most experienced riders in trouble very quickly. I'm 35 years old and have only around 5k miles of riding under my belt over the past year(better late then never I guess). I started on a 250cc scooter then moved up to a 750 Honda shadow. I look like a monkey on a toy bike at the circus on these bikes due to my size. I'm not a speed demon and would never test the upper limits of the Hayabusa. I'm looking for the perfect cruiser and I'm really considering the Hayabusa due to my comfort level on the bike. I know all bikes require respect but even more so with the Hayabusa. Am I crazy for considering such an extreme machine for a cruiser? Will I ever be ready for the Hayabusa? Comments and suggestions from hayabusa owners will be greatly appreciated and taken seriously.

The nice thing about the Busa is that its not like one of those litre bikes on crack! The Busa is a real teddy bear and is easily controllable unless you like to ride like a speed demon. Just be very careful in general, as with any bike.

I'm 6 ft. 220 and I must say I like my busa the best. I recommend it. I owned an '03 R1 and I felt like I was riding on top of it, instead of in the seat. As someone else said respect the power and your riding skill level. Whatever you purchase, enjoy the ride.

no one is ever ready for a busa lol but part of being a man is buying shi* thats not always the smartest choice or the cheapest so i say go for it u wont be sorry

I'll go against the tide here and say no, it isn't the right bike. Maybe you're super responsible and won't ever be tempted to hammer the throttle, but since I don't know you, I'm going to lump you in with the majority of guys who itch to ride a sportbike. The Hayabusa can be a very forgiving machine, but it stills blows me away every time I ride it. See, it compresses the space/time continuum man; **** happens really fast, and I'm a firm believer that solid riding experience helps you deal with aforementioned ****. Riding a 750 Shadow (while a great bike in it's own right) in no way preps you for the orgasmic (yeah, I said orgasmic) thrust the Busa can lay down.

Listen, I'm 6'4" and I understand the monkey humping a football thing. But I practiced what I preach and started 20 odd years ago on a 500 and gradually moved my way up the scale. There are lots of great bikes out there that will fit you as well or better than the Busa (Bandit, ZR-750, etc) and, more importantly, get you some seat time that will translate "mo bettah" to the Happy Bus.

The nice thing about the Hayabusa is the mods that are avalible. That means you can set it up how you like it. If it is size and leg room you are looking for have you tryed adventure tours?

I'm 6'3" and 165pds and having rode so many different bikes, I'll never be giving up my Busa... Go for it! :beerchug:

I was basicly in the same situation a couple of years ago. I didn't know if I was "ready" to handle to performance gap between the busa and my current ride, a kawasaki 500r. If you are capable of controlling the impulses that will flood your mind, telling you "just pin the throttle for a few seconds, it won't hurt anything" you will be ok. With that being said I bought my bike with every intention of learning how to ride it aggresively, if you just looking for a bike to cruise around in I think their are better bikes out their for you.

Buying a BUSA has nothing to do with riding skill. All you have to do is look at yourself in the mirror and say "Are you man enough?", do you have real steel balls? Once you decide your a man and not a wimpering dork, you will enjoy the busa. Just use common sense and use lower power settings and throttle control. Nothing to it!!:whistle:

Buying a BUSA has nothing to do with riding skill. All you have to do is look at yourself in the mirror and say "Are you man enough?", do you have real steel balls? Once you decide your a man and not a wimpering dork, you will enjoy the busa. Just use common sense and use lower power settings and throttle control. Nothing to it!!:whistle:

The dumbest thing I have seen posted to date :moon: You tell his family "he is not a man" when he is laying in the morgue with a toe tag doofus.

A busa is as docile as you want it to be as long as you stay off the throttle.

Back