Best gen1 busa battery?????

Freechance

Registered
I have a new battery,but its only good for one start ....i have lot of electronics on my bike...i was needing a good battery...the battery i have now is a power sonic, its not even a year old and it always needs charged or if its cold it dont have any juice in it... I even take it out all the time...i ordered a moto batt but have not seen it,ordered it a month ago...but i heard their junk too..whats the best sealed battery?????? I dont care about price!!!!

I've always read that the OEM (Yuasa?) was best. Hopefully someone can help you. I guess you need a battery with high CCA for the electronics you have aboard.

I've had good luck with batts from Batteries Plus

I ordered a battery from pa**** a month ago...have not seen it but i heard their junk..if it dont last i will buy a different kind..i might buy one now so i dont have to charge mine all the time...until i get the pashnit battery but i really need one now..the other thing is whats the 2 buttons on the gauge cluster i know one is the trip reset but whats the other one?

I dont have a battery tender..i take it in the house..i only ride on weekends because im gone during the week

My stock battery lasted about 2 years. At that point I upgraded to a Yuasa YTZ14S battery. That one lasted me for the past 5 years, and just this past week it was getting weak and I ordered another YTZ14S. It showed up, I threw it in the bike and am looking forward to another 5 years of service out of it.

I use a GPS, heated grips, air horn, and power outlet for charging phones or cameras.

u shouldnt get any less than 5 years from any battery, but i would recommend a battery tender to everyone they only about 30 bucks and it keeps ur battery at 100% when ur not riding

As soon as I turn my bike off, it goes on the tender. The tender plug is in the trunk of my bike, so I don't have to take the battery out.

I ordered a battery from pa**** a month ago...have not seen it but i heard their junk..if it dont last i will buy a different kind..i might buy one now so i dont have to charge mine all the time...until i get the pashnit battery but i really need one now..the other thing is whats the 2 buttons on the gauge cluster i know one is the trip reset but whats the other one?

Mr Free, I don't know who you are (no name in your profile), but the 9U MotoBatts' have been backordered at the manufacture level for a little over a month now. Not much we can do about that. It's spring and the demand for batteries is very high. The good news is they are schedule to restock on Wednesday, so 3 days from now. All our backorders are supposed to ship on Thursday & Friday as they catch up.

We've contacted all our buyers of the Gen-I batteries and let them know plus gave them the option of refunds. We refunded about 60% of all orders plus offered to ship out Yuasa's at dealer cost if someone needed one right away. We can get either for you.

MotoBatt's have a higher CCA than the Yuasa's & are an AGM battery vs a traditional lead acid battery like the Yuasa. MotoBatts also have 2-year free replacement warranty too so when people say they are junk, I'm not sure how they come up with that since it's only been on the market for a little over 6 months.

Cross Reference chart & CCA chart is here:
http://www.pashnit.com/pics/products/motobatt/ReverseCrossReference.pdf

....i have lot of electronics on my bike...

Have you thought of looking past the battery? The Busa is not know for a really high capacity for gadgets. Have you thought of going to a more beefy stator? I've been thinking of doing this myself. Start by calculating how much juice your electronics are pulling and then compare it against what your bike is producing.

For what it's designed to do, I have the MotoBatt on my Busa and it's worked just fine for the last 8000 miles I've put on it.

I dont have a battery tender..

I'll throw one into your order for our dealer cost + ship if you want one.

Buy Now: Motorcycle Bike Tools | Pashnit Moto

battery_tender_jr_300.jpg

whats the 2 buttons on the gauge cluster i know one is the trip reset but whats the other one?

Resets the clock.

battery_tender_jr_300.jpg

I just wanted some opinion on batteries...i have no experience with motobatt..just what i heard!!!! I just wanted a really good spare battery..because i only have the weekend to ride..no matter how good a battery is if it dont start..then im stuck losing a day of riding...

I just wanted some opinion on batteries...i have no experience with motobatt..just what i heard!!!! I just wanted a really good spare battery..because i only have the weekend to ride..no matter how good a battery is if it dont start..then im stuck losing a day of riding...

invest 30$ in a battery tender

Pashnit: If I post an order for the MBTX9U today, when should I expect this little beauty to arrive? If sometime next week, I'll order it right now, so i can start riding as soon as we finish restoring my buddy's ZZR. I'll PM you as well. Thanks!

Only difference with the MotoBatt style of battery is it has 4 poles and universal application. So the contacts get rotated 90 degrees.

IMG_6115.jpg

IMG_6115.jpg

Last edited:
As soon as I turn my bike off, it goes on the tender. The tender plug is in the trunk of my bike, so I don't have to take the battery out.
+1 unless it gets below 30 degrees then i bring it in the house on my battery tender. YUASA has always been good to me. best life span for me was about 4yrs.

Back