Top 3 Busa Head Porters

lighten up? Look in the mirror!

I don't feel like it was a vauge question and from some of the responses to my thread i don't think other people feel that way also.

If someone doesn't have anything positive to add to this discussion then why bother?
:welcome::welcome:

OK, so far we have:

Harry's Machined Parts (Rick Stetson)
Rick Ward
Bob Carpenter
DDS Engineering (can't find much about them on the web? Anyone have contact info?)

What about Spaz? (John Springer)
How about Star? (George Smith)
Brocks?

OK, so far we have:

Harry's Machined Parts (Rick Stetson)
Rick Ward
Bob Carpenter
DDS Engineering (can't find much about them on the web? Anyone have contact info?)

What about Spaz? (John Springer)
How about Star? (George Smith)
Brocks?

Well there you go. That's quite a list. Now, you can call them and find out what they have to offer. :thumbsup:

Rick Ward, Ward Performance, top notch and a great reputation in the racing community. He did my gen 2, the work is top notch and it made some impressive gains !!

Thanks Draco!! That's what I'm looking for! Yes they are close, do they have a web-site? I'll do a web search and see what I come up with.
No they do not have a web site, but here is there number!

508-366-1455
Ask for Rick, he is the owner!

Last edited:
Harry's is hand porting only, but don't dismiss craftsmanship. If you talk to Rick or Bobby, tell him what kind of flow numbers you are looking for, and what kind of displacement / torque / power characteristics you are looking for, and they will work with you. Every motor application whants something different for porting. I'm a nitrous guy, so all of the work is on the exhaust side; big exhaust valves with lots of flow and large valve seats to get heat out of the valve. I keep the intake side small for more torque at launch. CNC work is good, but depending on what you plan on doing, CNC may not be the best or only solution.

busahead.jpg

productive? not... funny? matter of opinion...

but the question was sort of "wide" in scope.. who makes the best car, what is the fastest color.. that kind of thing..

These things are all parts of combination's.. you can ruin a head easier than making it better and this is all reliant on what else is done to the motor..

Add this to your "making more torque" it would be likely counter productive as well.. big ports are murder on low end torque and I have bought more than one set of race ported heads off a guy to bolt on a stocker that works a lot better..

From your string of "what/who/where" things and what you are trying to do.. you might look at a turbo build.. (is a lot cheaper)

I think it was funny productive and hilarious....anyways...Carpenter....

I'd have to say

in no particular order...

Lee's Perormance
Rodney Wilford
Rc's Performance
Cycle Concepts
Carolina Cycles
Cooper Performance
Bob Carpenter
Cloud Nine(Golden child)

and if you are on the west coast.... FIELD's PERFORMANCE

all of these guys are top knotch, cant go wrong with anyone of'em.Couldnt list just 3... all deserve to be up there. No make believe HP out of these fellas.

now about the bill for that head work.... you got a budget yet?

Head/cam combo- look to spend anywhere from $2200 to $2800 depending on what your looking to accomplish.

But... on www.psychobike.com Gwizz is selling a couple of Cooper Performance bare post/polished(by hand) heads for $1000 each send him yours and he'll put your valves,springs etc... on it and send the ported head back ready to go. And he offered a discount on oversized valves etc..

This is a very vauge question kinda like "whats the best oil". You really should try and search out someone who actually has a ported head as most do not. So many variable also....is it all motor, nitrous turbo ect. Nobody has ever taken a motor bike, turbo bike, or nitrous bike and slapped them on the dyno and changed out 14 different heads to see which ones work the best so its really just a gut feeling and what you like. These are the names that ring the bell.
*Cooper Performance
*Carpenter Racing
*Rick Ward Performance
*Rick at Harry Machine

Head/cam combo- look to spend anywhere from $2200 to $2800 depending on what your looking to accomplish.

But... on www.psychobike.com Gwizz is selling a couple of Cooper Performance bare post/polished(by hand) heads for $1000 each send him yours and he'll put your valves,springs etc... on it and send the ported head back ready to go. And he offered a discount on oversized valves etc..
Glen (G-wizz) is very good people, I have done business with him several times.
Now about the original poster:
Vague questions get you nowhere. Stop acting as if your build plans are some big secret. Tell us (the board) what you are wanting to do with the bike and we will suggest the most cost effective way to get there. I'm willing to bet that the ground has been covered already by some of us. Of course if you have a giant pile of money sitting around and want it to evaporate keep arguing with people trying to help you. Either way you aren't impressing anybody asking vague questions and pretending you already know the answers......

Back