blacked out lights

tex_garza

Registered
anyone know where i can get a blacked out taillight cover and rear signals and also do they make them for the front signals too and also how hard is it to install and post pics if u have them but i am not going to smoke the headlight i like the hid as bright as it can be so the cagers can see me

I went with the Clear Alternatives fronts in smoke, and got the rear turnsignals in blue tint. I'm not for sure if they have the tinted taillight yet, but they were working on it last time I checked back in April of this year.

011.jpg

008.jpg

Check out "he ran up my butt.com" if you are going to run those things, be careful...

I know a few guys that have almost put a "hayabusa enema" up the guys that own those.. I wont ride behind them any longer..

I spent a lot of money getting my bike "visible" from the back... (Hate cars running over me for some reason)..

I am waiting for the lawsuit to happen to the guys selling the things.. Heck if McD's can get sued for hot coffee? imagine the liability of hiding a guys tail lights... "ouch"

Last edited:
Check out "he ran up my butt.com" if you are going to run those things, be careful...

I know a few guys that have almost put a "hayabusa enema" up the guys that own those.. I wont ride behind them any longer..

I spent a lot of money getting my bike "visible" from the back... (Hate cars running over me for some reason)..

I am waiting for the lawsuit to happen to the guys selling the things.. Heck if McD's can get sued for hot coffee? imagine the liability of hiding a guys tail lights... "ouch"

+1

Last edited by a moderator:

You speak the truth...you really speak the truth. There is zero reason that you would ever want to make the most critical part that keeps you alive in traffic from the back side.

Besides waiting for the lawsuit on the manufacturer, I have posed a question to several lawyer buddies of mine over the issue of culpability on the riders part with blackouts. Their response has been unanimous, if the driver says they did not see you because of these covers and if lighting is poor...there is enough case law that could allow someone to walk away from hitting you.

Put the money into something else on the bike.

Here are some photos with CA front signals and Hotbodies rear tinted lenses. Don't let Bogus bash you hopes on these things as he is the ONLY one that has ever complained about them. Since the time he told me that they were hard to see, I have questioned numerous people about their visability and NO ONE else had an issue. And I know that riding the street isn't the same as riding the track however it does teach you NOT to follow what the rider in front of you is doing and to choose your own lane and vellocity.

Busa Bash 09 012.jpg

Busa Bash 09 004.jpg

Busa Bash 09 015.jpg

Last edited:
I have not installed my dark smoke rear tail lights lenses yet. The turn signal lenses are swapped simply by removing 2 screws. The brake light lense is covered by the smoke lense and you need to remove the tail fairing to do that.

Got mine from HPC.

Here are some photos with CA front signals and Hotbodies rear tinted lenses. Don't let Bogus bash you hopes on these things as he is the ONLY one that has ever complained about them. Since the time he told me that they were hard to see, I have questioned numerous people about their visability and NO ONE else had an issue. And I know that riding the street isn't the same as riding the track however it does teach you NOT to follow what the rider in front of you is doing and to choose your own lane and vellocity.
now john first I never said your name.. second this is NOT the only incident (I would be happy to direct the others to your PM's if you like), third.. I was not the only one that had the problem..

and you think I was bashing him? I was stating that "blacking" out your tail lights might get you run over... well , suppose that could be "a" bashing..

PS... show some pictures of the lights turned on with the sun shining... I think the pics of the "front" of the bike shows very little?

Last edited:
OK, so we will clarify....Members of the F.O.G. group may experience difficulty when closely following you on your bike if using tinted lenses. Make sure you affix a warning sticker so that when said members have their glasses on prior to departing, they may view the warning and make a mental note not to follow you.:laugh:

Think they are illegal here but then again there is a law against everything here from mods to certain types of sexual acts:laugh: dam enjoyable ones too :dunno:

Clear Alternatives is what I'm hearing, but I never mess with the factory lighting because I've ridden with to many guys that have and when they ride with groups they tend to stay to the rear and use hand signals to stop and turn. I cannot talk to the mod you're about to make, but I can imagine that your signals will barely be noticeable in the daylight.

OK, so we will clarify....Members of the F.O.G. group may experience difficulty when closely following you on your bike if using tinted lenses. Make sure you affix a warning sticker so that when said members have their glasses on prior to departing, they may view the warning and make a mental note not to follow you.:laugh:

too funny :rofl: do u have any pics with the lights on so i can get an idea of how bright they are i do like them but not at the expense of visibility and also wat kind of pipes are u running i know theyre yoshi but wat type and slip on or full system i got a black 09 and am looking into doing some stuff when i get back from iraq in 2 weeks

The pipes are Yosh R-77 slip on's in Carbon Fiber. I chose them because of the weight reduction and db volume. I had a bike with a full system and power commander before and it was just plain noisy and the HP gain was minimal for the $$ spent. Hit up Paulie1300 for a price as he was the cheapest supplier I found. I do not have any photos with the lights on however as I said, MOST people that I have ridden with, when asked if they could see my lights ok, said they were fine. I did it to clean up the looks of the back end of the bike and I think it does a fine job. Make sure you get a strobe light affixed to your license plate for the FOG group :rofl:

I have the hotbodies, by the way carefull when googling that one. My son was with me and guess what we saw. I like the looks of the clear alternitives better. I am also second guessing my decision to black out my tail as well. A fellow org member says it cuts my visibility down about 2/3s. I wonder if there is any way to amp up the lighting to compensate? I do like the look just not the result.

I think there are LED tower replacement bulbs that you can get that are a bit brighter. Not sure though.

I have the hotbodies, by the way carefull when googling that one. My son was with me and guess what we saw. I like the looks of the clear alternitives better. I am also second guessing my decision to black out my tail as well. A fellow org member says it cuts my visibility down about 2/3s. I wonder if there is any way to amp up the lighting to compensate? I do like the look just not the result.
how industrious are you?

you could use an LED/Fiber optic hybrid.. you could punch pieces of fiber into the lens , route them to the LED light box.. might be overly directional..

but really you are only in danger if some old guy is behind you and you hit the brakes... whats the odds of that ever happening?

(Eagle Tower LED's were part of my upgrade FWIW.. $25 a bulb)

The pipes are Yosh R-77 slip on's in Carbon Fiber. I chose them because of the weight reduction and db volume. I had a bike with a full system and power commander before and it was just plain noisy and the HP gain was minimal for the $$ spent. Hit up Paulie1300 for a price as he was the cheapest supplier I found. I do not have any photos with the lights on however as I said, MOST people that I have ridden with, when asked if they could see my lights ok, said they were fine. I did it to clean up the looks of the back end of the bike and I think it does a fine job. Make sure you get a strobe light affixed to your license plate for the FOG group :rofl:
Was probably a good thing I out ran you on that little straightaway (both times) huh?

might have done crashed into you on the other end if you were in front.. :laugh:

"Was that a Gen1 that just went by w/ some old fokker at the throttle??"

Back