Finally got an 08 busa and i'm scared out my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll disagree.......it's an aquired skill.

alot of people w/ common sense crash in MSF class on 125s/250s.....hell, people have died in MSF class.......what was your point?

And I'll disagree...I went from the smallest Harley to the biggest Suzuki with all of 2500 miles behind me. It takes common sense to ride any motorcycle, doesn't matter how fast or powerful it is...

And I'll disagree...I went from the smallest Harley to the biggest Suzuki with all of 2500 miles behind me. It takes common sense to ride any motorcycle, doesn't matter how fast or powerful it is...

Well if that's all it takes, you can expect many riders on many boards to be dead by year end.

Well if that's all it takes, you can expect many riders on many boards to be dead by year end.

right, cuz common ain't so common.......

yeah.....you "made" it , why is my insurance so high?

Last edited:
i'll disagree.......it's an aquired skill.

alot of people w/ common sense crash in MSF class on 125s/250s.....hell, people have died in MSF class.......what was your point?

My point is that you gotta use your head and your own good sense to learn and improve. Each has his own limits and only you know those limits and when you are pushing past your abilities. I totally agree that you should take a MSF course.

What do you disagree with? That using your head and practicing wrist control is not acquiring the skills it takes to improve and ride these bikes?

I am not really sure how to address your reference to the MSF portion. I don't know your point here.
Bubba

right, cuz common ain't so common.......

yeah.....you "made" it , why is my insurance so high?

I'm not making this a fight, and for your info, my insurance is not high, I have zero speeding tickets on my record and I'm a careful rider and driver. I was simply pointing out that it DOES indeed take common sense and perhaps less "chest-pounding" to ride ANY motorcycle. If you hop on any bike and try to be the best rider ride out of the gate, you will get hurt. I have always been a careful rider and I'm still here, so I guess that counts for something. I also graduated to the Busa from a little 883 Sportster, so that counts for something too, whether you like it or not...

Resume said chest thumping now; I'm almost impressed :laugh:

What do you disagree with? That using your head and practicing wrist control is not acquiring the skills it takes to improve and ride these bikes?

"wrist control lies between your ears"........it's also coordination involved. has little to do w/ your brain.......people are the way people are. some are coordinated, some are some aren't.......i've seen to many who aren't......than add a busa..........:please:

I'm not making this a fight, and for your info, my insurance is not high, :

compared to what? i have all your prereq's......."zero speeding tickets on my record and I'm a careful rider and driver." + MSF inst + old guy...and it's still high.........$801/yr high. why.........cuz these bikes get wrecked ALOT.

people come to MSF class w/ all the right intentions and low ego and still crash............on measly 125's. now add 150hp.............

You're right RACER_X...I'll just keep doing my thing and you do yours...and I'm so glad my insurance is way lower, so perhaps it's because I'm a female :laugh:

Mike, just take it easy and don't go beyond your limits. MSF course is a great start and always, always, ALWAYS ride within your limits. :thumbsup:

"wrist control lies between your ears"........it's also coordination involved. has little to do w/ your brain.......people are the way people are. some are coordinated, some are some aren't.......i've seen to many who aren't......than add a busa..........:please:

compared to what? i have all your prereq's......."zero speeding tickets on my record and I'm a careful rider and driver." + MSF inst + old guy...and it's still high.........$801/yr high. why.........cuz these bikes get wrecked ALOT.

people come to MSF class w/ all the right intentions and low ego and still crash............on measly 125's. now add 150hp.............

You need to look at other factors affecting your insurance costs, too:

1) your age
2) your marital status
3) where you live

I'm 38 and pay LESS than $250 /yr for FULL coverage on my Busa. That is not a typo. In fact, I just added a second Busa to my policy yesterday and it's even less: $210 /yr.

You're upset with how much you have to pay, I get it - but you also made the choice to purchase a Busa. If you aren't willing to pay the amount or live with the cost of the required insurance, don't buy a Busa...but that would be common sense. Just sayin'...

You need to look at other factors affecting your insurance costs, too:

1) your age
2) your marital status
3) where you live

I'm 38 and pay LESS than $250 /yr for FULL coverage on my Busa. That is not a typo. In fact, I just added a second Busa to my policy yesterday and it's even less: $210 /yr.

You're upset with how much you have to pay, I get it - but you also made the choice to purchase a Busa. If you aren't willing to pay the amount or live with the cost of the required insurance, don't buy a Busa...but that would be common sense. Just sayin'...

42 mar w/ kids.

and what do you think a "standard" bike would cost in your area? alot less then the 'busa is a guess...........upset naw........its the way it is. i knew it before i bought the bike........point is ins. is high for a reason........it's not because they DON'T crash alot.

Last edited:

I wish I could pay 800/yr. I am over double that and I am not about to complain. Yes it is a lot, but I knew that going into this purchase.
Older than you, married w/ kids, and I was told I got the good driver discount.
As omslaw said, it has to do with many factors. I don't think these are the only bikes that get wrecked a lot.
Mainly has to do with where you live and the size of the bike.
Bubba

Define "standard"? Goldwing? Gixxer1K? Harley? But that's besides the point. Too many factors go into determining the cost of the insurance premiums.

It is possible that in your area the Busa is stolen a lot. Perhaps younger, less responsible riders purchase it, wreck it, and claim it on insurance? It could also be the insurance company that you're with. I looked at Geico and Progressive to see if I could save $$ on my insurance and both of them were outrageous compared to what I'm currently paying with State Farm.

Define "standard"? Goldwing? Gixxer1K? Harley? But that's besides the point. Too many factors go into determining the cost of the insurance premiums.

It is possible that in your area the Busa is stolen a lot. Perhaps younger, less responsible riders purchase it, wreck it, and claim it on insurance? It could also be the insurance company that you're with. I looked at Geico and Progressive to see if I could save $$ on my insurance and both of them were outrageous compared to what I'm currently paying with State Farm.

state farm is who i'm w/

and yes lotsa things go into determing rate even things that we wouldn't think effect your driving/riding.........credit rating.......

fact is a busa is higher then all the bikes you listed except the gix1k

accidents and theft are HUGE in factoring how high or low your rates.....i priced ins. on a duc 996 way back, lower then a gix 1k at time, prolly still is.

and are you arguing that busa's aren't crashed alot, or that busa's don't have high rates?

Last edited:
Hey man lets get this a little back on track for you welcome to the org first off. To answer your question on the norm the Busa is not necessarily the bike to learn on for a few people it works out though and that's awesome. We all hope your one of the few as there has been a rash of experienced riders lost this year ( prayers and thoughts to them all). Take the MSF course it will help you a lot and you can drop their bikes without feeling as bad :laugh:. for now take it easy and practice anyplace you have free space without traffic or obstruction if possible to get a feel for the bike the controls and buy frame sliders (you'll thank me later). Learn to pay extra attention when your driving always keep your eyes open and be very aware of your surroundings . This will come in handy later when you ride it may not always stop you from going down but it may save your life. So hope that helps and welcome aboard man :beerchug:

Hey man lets get this a little back on track for you welcome to the org first off. To answer your question on the norm the Busa is not necessarily the bike to learn on for a few people it works out though and that's awesome. We all hope your one of the few as there has been a rash of experienced riders lost this year ( prayers and thoughts to them all). Take the MSF course it will help you a lot and you can drop their bikes without feeling as bad :laugh:. for now take it easy and practice anyplace you have free space without traffic or obstruction if possible to get a feel for the bike the controls and buy frame sliders (you'll thank me later). Learn to pay extra attention when your driving always keep your eyes open and be very aware of your surroundings . This will come in handy later when you ride it may not always stop you from going down but it may save your life. So hope that helps and welcome aboard man :beerchug:

+1 Back on track...the bickering isn't always how we welcome the new riders, so don't be a stranger. Keep us posted on how you're doing :thumbsup:

Something I haven't seen mentioned is don't be ashamed to keep it in C mode for a while. When I first got on the busa this year after leaving my Harley behind I had to use C mode until I got use to the differences between the bikes. C mode really helps tame the power and allows for some mistakes unlike the default A mode. :beerchug:

Back