Finally got an 08 busa and i'm scared out my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike56James

Registered
i've been apart of the org for a little while and have read million of threads and some made me feel good about buying the busa and others scared the living *&%$ out of me..... to answer the question you all are thinking YES the busa is my first bike my first bike ever i've never road a motorcycle before and to be honest i only got it is because its the only bike i felt comfortable on i'm 6'5 289 yes i'ma big guy and small bikes just wouldnt cut it i only plan on making one buy and this was it so i'm learning on the big boy and i wanna know is the THROTTLE as bad as many ppl say or can i tame the beast with a &%*$ load of practice and as many MSF classes i can take.

I cant take my first MSF class until late Feburary so the busa will stay in the basement until....... BUT I MUST KNOW ABOUT THIS DAMN THROTTLE IS IT THAT BAD.

No...Busa is a puddy cat...most of us are looking for MORE power :thumbsup:

Just don't whack the throttle open until you know exactly what you are riding. If you ride and manage the throttle very smooth you will not have any problems.

If you ride and manage the throttle very smooth you will not have any problems.

until something else happens that is not under his control...i agree that a new rider can potentially learn how to ride on a Busa if nothing unexpected happens...however, most end up crashing and hurting themselves and/or others when an animal or small child runs out in front of them, they accidentally end up in gravel, another vehicle cuts them off, etc. and they don't have the experience to handle the circumstances...this is just my opinion formed from my experiences

Welcome to the board :beerchug:

Just take her slow until you get the feel for the Big Gurl :thumbsup:

I'm also a new rider and my Busa is my first bike, I've been riding for about a month. I started off in the parking lot, then around the my subdivision. After two weeks of that I started riding to work (about 30 miles round trip). Then I moved onto the highway. The throttle can be tricky, just respect the power of the Busa and she will take care of you.

Welcome to the boards and be safe.

until something else happens that is not under his control...i agree that a new rider can potentially learn how to ride on a Busa if nothing unexpected happens...however, most end up crashing and hurting themselves and/or others when an animal or small child runs out in front of them, they accidentally end up in gravel, another vehicle cuts them off, etc. and they don't have the experience to handle the circumstances...this is just my opinion formed from my experiences

Yeah.

Search through most of the "Busa is my first bike" threads and you will know how I really feel about the topic, but I'll save you the time.

It's one of the worst bikes that you can choose as a first bike!!!!!! Yes, you can survive it, but that doesn't mean it was a good choice. Most new riders will never get anywhere near their full potential starting on a bike like the Busa. Learning to ride a slow bike fast will teach a rider much more than learning to ride a fast bike slow.

Please try to remember, your first bike won't be your last, hopefully.

Use the mode button till you get use to it......... and have fun

The throttle is controlable, of course this being your first bike you have nothing to compare it to so just take your time. BusaPebbles started on the Ducati 996 because she fit and felt comfortable on it. That is important. Also once you get a little more comfortable get with some people who will ride with you at an easy pace. Where are you in MD?

Lastly, get that MSF Course like you planned. :beerchug:

I'm also a new rider and my Busa is my first bike, I've been riding for about a month. I started off in the parking lot, then around the my subdivision. After two weeks of that I started riding to work (about 30 miles round trip). Then I moved onto the highway. The throttle can be tricky, just respect the power of the Busa and she will take care of you.

Welcome to the boards and be safe.

another noob speaks from his loads of experience.

OP, bad decision, good luck.

MSF inst. buddy (yes i;m an MSF inst too) rides his ninja250 all over , 9k in '08, has 2 -1200cc bikes in the garage. He's 6'-3, 300+ lbs.........damm there goes your size excuse.

Last edited:
Busa has enough power and torque to pull out in 2nd. You may want to forget it has a first gear until you get more comfortable with it. I agree with TruWrecks regarding aquiring riding skills.

38 years on cruiser bikes of all sizes and have 1 year and 18,000 miles of the busa under my belt. Thing still scares the bejeezes out of me from time to time. I have to get used to riding at an extremely higher level. That my friend will take another 38 years!
I'm sure no one is trying to scare you, but please be careful and show her the utmost respect.
welcome to the board!

The throttle is very responsive, and remember that you can go 25 mph just as easily as you can go 85 mph. It's got power, but you will not instantaneously shoot off in to space if you turn the throttle a bit. Just get yourself comfy with the bike first, get that MSF course behind you, get some seat time in and take it slow...

:welcome: To the insanity.
I went from a 600 to the Bus and learned quickly that wrist control lies between your ears, use common sense and take it easy and you will be fine.

I have never used the mode switch, as I wanted to learn the feel of her at full power and learn to control the beast in all her glory.
Ride safe and have fun.
Bubba

:welcome: To the insanity.
I went from a 600 to the Bus and learned quickly that wrist control lies between your ears, use common sense and take it easy and you will be fine.

i'll disagree.......it's an aquired skill.

alot of people w/ common sense crash in MSF class on 125s/250s.....hell, people have died in MSF class.......what was your point?

Back