Happy Thoughts Only

TruWrecks

Banned
It's been a rough few months for me lately. I know this last week has been especially a tough one emotionally with the events of the last week.

Scar's post of Life, Death, and Gratitude got me thinking real hard last night about what I want to see happen in my life. I don't want to be depressed. I want to be able to enjoy the things that I still can while I focus on getting myself closure to the recovery process both physically and emotionally. I've also been whining far too much to the people around me. There are people out there that have far less, and are much happier. And why not? They have figured out something that I have been blind to for many months. I still have the future, and it's what I make of it.

Yesterday, I decided to tell God it was all in his hands. I needed guidance and faith.

This morning I woke up feeling much better. The warm sun was cresting the trees and coming in through the window. The sky is a bright blue. It's perfect weather to open the windows and curtains and just enjoy the warmth.

Life is good.

Now, on the the part of this thread that I need everyone to help with:

Post three things that first come to your mind that are blessings in your life. Nothing posted in this thread can be negative. It all needs to be something that makes you a better you.

I'll start.

I woke up this morning.
I have family and friends that love me.
I have two wonderful dogs that would do anything to make me smile.

Next?

ProudPuppies.JPG

Last edited:
I have a healthy family that love and support me.

I have a great job and thank God for everything I have.

I have wonderful friends and family here that share my love of this hobby.

You know, sometimes it feels like I am all alone,, and that I am going through all that I have been through in the last five years like it was a downward spiral,, like there was no hope no one that understood,, no one that has it as difficult.

But, now as things have changed and things start to become more and more evident that "things" are getting better,,, I guess that is the eternal optimist in me,, but I believe that everything will end up exactly as God wants it to be,,, in His time,,, not mine.

It IS amazing how God speaks to us straight through crooked lines!

Just thought I would add to this. If I have seemed a little hard or adverse to anyone here, please forgive me. It isn't my nature.

Thanks for letting me vent.

1. My love for God!
  2. My health!
  3. My Family & friends around me!

WoW! I feel so much better!
icon6.gif

Last edited:
I am sooo happy to read this post. I for one was very worried about your state of mind.

1. The health and happiness of my family and friends.
2. Tim Tebow...next year may be a little rough for me though. LOL
3. I am grateful for the crazy man who talked me into buying the busa as a first bike, as it brought me here to the oRg and many amazing, caring people.

1. Great wife
2. Great daughter
3. Great job (the Busa is not bad either)

I often forget, but I need to thank God everyday for what I have!! :bowdown:

1) BusaPebbles
2) Great Kids (Nick,Noah,Morgan)
3) My stunning good looks....

1. God and his understanding and forgiveness
2. My family for their undertsanding and forgiveness
3. My job

I have much more to be thankful for but I will stop at 3 :thumbsup:

My family and friends

My health

All the many gifts given to me throughout my life

It's all about where your focus is. There is a technique in "the industry" (whatever that industry may be :D) which encourages people to verbalize positive affirmations in the mirror every day. That's a good idea, actually, so long as the statements you make to yourself are statements in which you believe. Saying, "I'm a millionaire," when you know you're barely covering your bills every month may not make you a millionaire. It's more likely to make you depressed.

Saying, "I'm a smart cookie," is much better. Saying, "I'm going to figure out how to make a million bux," is good too. Again, so long as you believe yourself.

Again, though, it's about where your focus is. Focusing on the positive WILL go a long way toward eliminating much of the negative in your life because now, you're putting your time and energy into something good. True story: A decade or so ago, I determined to make sure I use positive wording and phrasing on things. I felt that it would change my thought processes. For example, instead of saying, "Don't forget to go to the grocery store," I know say, "Make sure to remember to go to the grocery store." The difference is subtle but it matters. "Don't," and, "forget," are both negative words. Whenever you catch yourself using a negative word or phrase, stop for a moment and figure out how to reword it. It's tricky at first and you'll have to develop a bit of a sense of humor so you can laugh at yourself when your old habits trip you up. Ten years later and I'm a lot better at it but it still pokes me in the ribs on occasion!

Also, eliminate negative people in your life. Not kill them, of course. That would be even MORE negative! :laugh: No, what I'm saying is, associate with more positive people and associate with negative people not at all. Even family. Heck, especially family. You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones who NEVER have anything good to say. Be honest about it. Have a busy schedule and do what you can to minimize contact with negative people.

I love that I'm married to a wonderful woman
I love that I have opportunity to learn
I love that I love my country and it's freedoms

Have a great one!

--Wag--

Jacking my own thread...

I decided to move out onto the deck today and get some sun. I put on my Hayabusa.org t-shirt grabbed some Dr. Pepper, a chair, TV stand and the computer. It's a much better veiw that of the basement family room, where I've been spending most of my days lately.

No pics. I left the camera in the basement. :laugh:

/ End thread-jack /

Everything is a blessing in my life (life being the key word). Here are the three most obvious:

1. My darling Lurch (he's just like the blooming onions he loves to eat...lots of sweet and spicy layers)

2. My phenomenal, albeit antisocial, teenage daughter Emilie (she totally kicks azz!)

3. The much needed restoration of my faith in my fellow man (restored this time by the incredible outporing of love and support shown by the oRg).

1)My daughter being healthy & the eternal love I have for her
2)Parents that kick azz & are my best friends
3)Being born & raised in a country that offers me the luxury that it does

Those are wonderful things that eclipse the current negatives that seem to have engulfed me as of late:

1)My daughter is 850 miles away from me w/ a Mother that is the Devil incarnate
2)In the hellish midst of trying to divorce the Devil incarnate
3)My job seems to be going down the crapper

But I do LOVE life!

1. A loving family.
2. Good health.
3. At 65 years old - riding a Busa and surfing a few times a week.

Life is Good! :thumbsup:

Good for you TruWrecks. I never thought of you as whining, only needing an ear to listen or a shoulder to lean on. We all could use one of those every now and then. :)

There are so many things to be thankful for, but if I gotta pick 3.....
My faith in God
My amazing husband.
All the wonderful people who have crossed my path and will cross my path.

Oh and I have to add, Thank God for Dino's amazing good looks too. ;) :laugh:

Good for you TruWrecks. I never thought of you as whining

No, I was whining to anyone that would listen. Not hard-core whining, but still whining is whining. If it looks like poop, and it smells like poop, it's poop.

I wrestled the QuickShade upstairs and put it on the deck so I can hang out here all day until the sun goes down. There is a cool breeze gently blowing just the right amount to be very comfortable. Kids are playing at the school yard behind the house. It's very nice.

09-11-09 009.jpg

09-11-09 008.jpg

1. For my health
2. A good paying job
3. Good friends & family
& to try & forget not to complain because there is people out there worse than me!
Oh, & ya for Dino's good looks, cause how would we live in life without that, right man?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back