didn't realize this sort of thing still went on

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
One of my bikes is for sale on Craigs list.

But,its not me who is selling it ???

Thoughts,ideas. ???

RSD.

The FBI does not always help a lot on these scams unless/until the crime of collecting money has already been done.

I would notify your local police department and see what they say about it. If you can get a detectives attention on the matter that would be a good place to start.

Personally, I would go to the station with the ad, a picture of your bike and personal bike info, and ask to speak with a detective in person. This will get his attention a heck of a lot quicker than trying to reach out over the phone.

Andy, is there a link? Maybe some of the interweb scoobs can figure something out...

I would put up an ad in the same category with a headline that matches as much as Craigslist will allow. Include the same picture/text and say this bike is not for sell and the other ad is a scam. Hopefully this will help some unexpected buyer.

I would then red flag the ad and notify craigslist of what's going on. Craigslist maybe able to stop this person from doing more of these ads and are better equipped to fight this type of thing.

Also, as said, notify the local PD just in case there's anything they can do.

Last edited:
you should call and say youre interested and then ask to see it! better yet- place a bid over the phone! :laugh:

This is exactly what I would do...
I will also set up a meet with the view to buy then arrive with my bike and 10 or so buddies with busa's. Bring the State Troopers with to mop up:firing: the mess that we will make with this guy,,, thinking of putting his Gn---in the :alcoholic:7:whistle:

I'm guessing they copied the pics from the original ad. The dont have my VIN listed,just that it has low k's and was garage kept,which is true.:laugh:

They are asking 22 grand,which is more than I paid. ???

RSD.

Back