Outside drive 330

I hope to get this answered without having to start a new thread but i'm going with a C&S arm, not sure if single sided yet and not sure if 330 or 360. My question is anyone heard of them making a single sided 330 or a single sided 360 non jack shaft? ROD, I have lots of questions to ask you, if you dont mind could you PM me your email? I'm very serious about buying something soon and could seriously use some of your knowledge and research so I dont make the wrong move. I do hate that you have to have the osd stick out so far on the left side. I'd see if someone could fab up something so i could move out the right too to make it even...

I think I talked to you in another thread already? Im waiting on my OSD section now as I type. My jackshaft bearing blow out again. SO Im done with it. I have seen one OSD single side set up but it was customed to gether. I will pm you my email.:beerchug:

pic I have.
It was pieced together for the Indy show.

normal_45~0.jpg

The pic above I think is one of the new Tracdyanmic SS arms their testing out. Then put on the OSD for the show.
For single sided (SS) arms....yea there nice to look at but if you realing going to run it like a BUSA should..dont go SS. In the long run it has to be more headaches than only dealing with the jackshaft bearings. C&S make prob the sexies SS arms out there if you realy plan to go that route.

C&S has also re-designed thier standard Jackshaft arms to. They now have the adjustment counter sunk into the frame of the arm ( like the rear axle blocks ) very sim to MyrtleWest. C&S I still think make the strongest arms on the market, and now that they redisigned it ...their the best.

330 or 360 is all up to you and your riding. SHow and cruizer 360 is ok for the deff WOW effect. BUT it has no profile to realy ride the BUSA like it should. Now the 330..to my surprise..it can do it. NOT like a stock bike, but you will be in with the pack if you have some riding skills to work it to be there.

Over my past experience with jackshaft..." say no to crapshafts". Yea blow out the bearings again. THis second set was sent from C&S and much heavier than the first set, but with only 4 trac launches on them and they blow out. IM done. Ordered the OSD set up form Kosman on MOnday. SHould have it in a few weeks. YES Im keeping my C&S arm thu. I love it and the look it gives the MULLET. The jackshaft is already off the arm..only need to cut off the outer support bracket to it. In its place a triangular air tank for the air-shifter will be made to look just like its part of the arm. Best part...I dont have to remove the arm or have it repowderd. It will cover where the jackshaft bracket was. A few more things in that area will be done...but thats for winter time.

Good luck...and if you need more I PMd you my personal E-mail:beerchug:

Sweet. Thanks bro! I must have not subscribed to the reply you had done on another forum. I couldn't find it after i posted it. Yea, I'll probably email you soon. You are a wealth of info! I really wish i could run the SS arm. I want it but not if it has problems. Only if its not going to have problems if i ran a OSD single side. So its the wheel bearings that has problems with the single side? Bike looks sick bro! I think after talking to you i'm going to run a dual side c and s osd. when the offer it. I haven't seen them advertise it yet.

Sweet. Thanks bro! I must have not subscribed to the reply you had done on another forum. I couldn't find it after i posted it. Yea, I'll probably email you soon. You are a wealth of info! I really wish i could run the SS arm. I want it but not if it has problems. Only if its not going to have problems if i ran a OSD single side. So its the wheel bearings that has problems with the single side? Bike looks sick bro! I think after talking to you i'm going to run a dual side c and s osd. when the offer it. I haven't seen them advertise it yet.

Call them up ( if they answer the phone ) and asked them if they have plans for an OSD 330? RoaringToyz have them but with what looks to be a MyrtleWest arm...no underbracing. I like the looks of underbracing. C&S may even make you a special arm without the jackshaft section...then get the OSD from Kosman for it????
With the OSD you can have a shorter arm...no need to be stretch as far out with the minuse of no jackshaft ( it take some room on the arm). If your running a GenII...6 over looks perfect on them.
As for your question about the left rearset sticking out...Ive talked to some and say they dont even notice after a while. By all means dont bother with spacing out the other side. Normal jackshafts arm ( like mine ) I was riding with my heal on top of its cover and had to get use to that..then it felt normal. Prob the same with the OSD once I get use to it. The lowest and outer most of a bike is its pegs of the rearsets.....that why I have my Gilles up and back some from stock position. Being outward another 2.5 inches.....??? hope I dont find the ground with it in a tight turn.:laugh:

Whats hard on the SS arms...still the jackshaft. The wheel bearing....??? its being pulled ( wheel sprocket) more in line with the chain, so I dont know. The jackshaft blow because its being pulled by 2 chains in opposite direction putting torgue bind on it. Dont let ME scare you away from the SS arm. Never hear issue with them but everyone I know who has one ...is not a hard rider on it.
I never built the MULLET to sit show purddy....its a rider and a hard rider at that.:laugh:

LOL heard that brother. I was going to see if C and S could do a single sided non jackshaft 330. Maybe the first OSD single :) That would be so dope!

LOL. Long wait do they? Yea, I spoke with a lady there the other day about a jackshaft 360 single sided. I think imma call them soon and request a tube dual side 330 OSD i guess. I'll ask then about the single side 330 OSD :) Thanks pimpin!:beerchug:

Anybody know the price for one of these osd 330 kits

Full kit and arm from RoaringToyz goes for around $6400...about the same as a standard jackshaft 330 kit. My OSD front setup from Kosman is $900...to go with my tobe modified 330 C&S arm.

Here is a link from Full THrottle Motorsports. Jack does build many of the OSD busas...but his $$$ is very high on the parts when I talked to him. But this vid of his shows the parts to the OSD : cover, bearing support of the output drive, big offset sprocket, and the carrier adapter that goes on the swingarm pivot shaft.

- 2008-2009 Suzuki Hayabusa 330mm OSD kit Alien chrome assembly Full Throttle Motorsports[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet. Good info. I see him on youtube selling dope ass bikea all the time.

Yep he has been truning out some nice OSD 330 Hanns turbo GenIIs for ok price. Talked to him about getting just the front OSD kit....but he was WAY OUT on the price for it....more than double what Im getting it from the sourse for.

He also SAID he has a drag set up Busa with a OSD330 running 7s in the 1/4....but thats what HE SAID.:laugh:

Well let me say :thumbsup: on an OSD over the crapshafts. WOW what a diff between the 2. The MULLET feels more smooth and balanced then before with the jackshaft on. Feels abit more snappy too. SHould have freed up some 10 hp trapped ( robbed ) by the jackshaft dual chains.

The left rearseat sticking outward 3 inches now........YEa I nurled up my calf when moving it around at the house when in shorts:lol:. Tend to bump the shifter into gear as Im trying for the kickstand. ITs now under the OSD cover plate. BUT for riding......I did not even notice it out further, untill I thought to think about it.:beerchug:

OSD a must if you going fatty. :please:Say not to crapshafts.

When I get time to sit down and stay on here a few....will be doing a full write up on the conversion to my C&S jackshaft arm and installation of the OSD set up.:laugh: comming soon in a new thread!

DSC00380.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

Last edited:
Yep he has been truning out some nice OSD 330 Hanns turbo GenIIs for ok price. Talked to him about getting just the front OSD kit....but he was WAY OUT on the price for it....more than double what Im getting it from the sourse for.

He also SAID he has a drag set up Busa with a OSD330 running 7s in the 1/4....but thats what HE SAID.:laugh:

Hey Guys im newbie to this board, Im from Detroit not to far from the dealer where jack works. I asked him how much to by the OSD kit from him and her was Stupid with the price :banghead: for just the OSD kit was 1 1/2 times more then the cost from Kosman. Kosman's had did a few wheels for me (garage builder here) and he said when I was ready he would hook me up at a great price, Why do some of these shops think that we are just a bunch of dummies and will pay what ever they ask??

I recently purchased a bike from jack at full throttle with the osd 330 on it, I will say its not the cheapest investment but when are the fun ones ever cheap. i got a new 08 already buillt etc etc with hot bodies exhuast and chrome wheels for a pretty good price. i couldnt find anything new or used even close to me< near chicago > I will say I wanted a bike already built as I didnt want to get a new bike and start tearing it apart myself. As for his drag bike, I havent seen it run 7s but he told me the same thing and it is bada$$ eveything is copper plated and he had a magazine article that it was in. even if its closer to 8 sec 1/4 mile still sick bc its street legal.

I recently purchased a bike from jack at full throttle with the osd 330 on it, I will say its not the cheapest investment but when are the fun ones ever cheap. i got a new 08 already buillt etc etc with hot bodies exhuast and chrome wheels for a pretty good price. i couldnt find anything new or used even close to me< near chicago > I will say I wanted a bike already built as I didnt want to get a new bike and start tearing it apart myself. As for his drag bike, I havent seen it run 7s but he told me the same thing and it is bada$$ eveything is copper plated and he had a magazine article that it was in. even if its closer to 8 sec 1/4 mile still sick bc its street legal.

how much?

Back