No mufflers

Kainedogg

Registered
Anyone running their Gen 2's with just the headers and cats? Notice any difference, apart from the significant weight savings. Debating pulling them off this weekend.

I have a friend who did the no muffler thing... sounds ok when riding on it but sounds like crap from anywhere else.

I ran mine for a few minutes with no cat and no mufflers. It sounded worse than an Accord with a coffee can hanging off the back. I slipped the Mirons on and now it just sounds wicked.

Not a big fan of the sound or the look.??? One of my riding buddies did that on his 08 and it just kinda sounded unrefined.

I ran my bike like that for a few weeks and enjoyed it. If I didnt want to go faster I would have left it like that. It was loud, but I think it sounded great. Loved the decel pop. Give it a try its quick and easy.

Ran mine like that for a day or two. Sounds cool at first, but will get tired of all the poppin, poppin, poppin:laugh::laugh:

Anyone running their Gen 2's with just the headers and cats? Notice any difference, apart from the significant weight savings. Debating pulling them off this weekend.

Sounds:moon: looks like:spank: why do that Do the stock can mod if you don't have the money for a set of cans The sound if good and looks not bad thats just me

Last edited:
Those big mufflers/tailpipes you see on the honda civic cars etc.....I call them "Fart Cans" because thats the way they sound! All noise and no go :rofl:

i pulled mine off for a few days. the only reason was that i was riding with a buddie that had a hotbodies megaphone and straight piped the cat. riding next to him i could never hear my bike, so i just took them off for 2 days till my exhaust arrived. It wasnt to bad when just cruising around but on the e way it was horrible. I would have put them back if i didnt get the other exhaust. i just couldnt take it for more than a few days.

Does runing it with no mufflers hurt the bike in any way? Like backpressure? Just wondering.
Posted via Mobile Device

I ran my bike with no mufflers and the only problem i had was when I down shifted. I every time I did it, the FI light comes on. I assume it is because air from outside is getting to the O2 sensor. Anyone have any ideas? As long as you don't down shift (which is a pain in the a$$), you will be alright.

I run with out them. With them on I run a high 9.6 to low 9.7. With em off I run high 9.4s to low 9.5s. It sounds like garbage! But makes a tad more power and less weight. I initially took them off to shorten the cans but it turned into a pain in my ass so I tossed them. lol I would buy a full exhaust but I have future plans that only consist of a downpipe and wastegate dump pipe so Im not going to waste my money. :whistle:

Back