How many miles?

pack mule

formerly known as rtgt
Registered
How about a little guessing game? What kind of mileage do you think are on the chain and sprocket? I'll post up the mileage in a bit but give me a guess what you think it is.:laugh:

100_2806.jpg

100_2805.jpg

100_2804.jpg

Well, NickSully you were so close, only missed by a couple of miles:laugh: I like how you really broke it down. The mileage checks in at 17,530. Kind of pleased how they still look but I'm real anal about keeping everything clean.

are you guys measuring the stretch factor of your chains????? mine was beyond safety stretch after 6500.:rulez:

are you guys measuring the stretch factor of your chains????? mine was beyond safety stretch after 6500.:rulez:

I need to check my manual an my bike for that:beerchug: Thanks for the reminder I forget that taking care of it prolongs it, it is only a part of it. A clean an good looking chain can still need changing:laugh:

mine is streched at the limit at 19k right now...and the sprocket has a couple chips out of the ends of the teeth...its the next project

I clean the chain at least once a week or after a long ride with kerosene. Then I give it a good coat with chain wax. I check the chain every time I clean it for stretch so far so good. I also don't ride this bike like I'm trying to kill it.

I got 27K on my stock chain. Still running the stock front and rear sprocket at 50K miles,and they look like new. Clean, lube and adjust my chain often though. :thumbsup:

Back