Mobil 1 15W-50 Oil In 08 Hayabusa

shortstuf

Registered
I was in Walmart today and see they have Mobil 1 15W50 oil for about $22.00 for a 5 quart jug and was wondering if it would be a good oil for my 08 Hayabusa? First I know it's not the motorcycle oil, it's not a energy conserving oil so it doen't have the friction motifiers so no clutch problems, it meets the API rating SM/SL. And it's less that half the price of the motorcycle specific oil so I could change the oil twice as often for the same price. I know a quite a few people who run 15W40 Diesel oil in there bikes and love the oil . I was thinking this would be one better yet. Just a thought. Thanks for your advice in advance.:rofl:

Works fine in mine, haven't had any issues! I can't tell the diff between it and any other oil I tried, but thats me.

I have the Rotella Dino 15W40 in my bike now for the break-in was looking for a syn oil that would be a real good oil and also a good value.

+1. No issues. i use it or mobil 1 synthetic, which ever i find a good sale on

Last edited:
Its a good oil brand and type.... Plus, having Walley World carry it makes it simple to purchase!

I use Suzuki oil. It's cheap, around $3 a quart so I can change the oil for around $10. I change the oil before every track day even if they are only a week apart. Works for me! I have race friends who use the non-motorcycle specific Mobil 1 in their race bikes with good results. No clutch issues and it's cheap! If I weren't using suzuki oil, I'd be using Mobil 1 as well.

I use Mobil 1 Racing 4T 4 Stroke motorcycle oil. Auto oil has a lot more friction modifiers in it that, over time, can cause issues with motorcycle transmissions and clog up clutch plates. Cycle oil contains little to no friction modifiers due to the fact the oil is for engine AND transmission/clutch. Friction modifiers are used for cars to improve fuel economy. I'll stick with the 4T.

This 15W50 Mobil 1 oil is a syn. oil and is not energy conserving oil so it does not have the friction modifiers in it so there should be no clutch issues

bigfoot....Rotella T isn't a true synthetic, but it is a good diesel spec oil and good enough for bikes.

No, its not a synthetic. But for $12 a gallon you can change real often. Its a real good quality oil. I'm about to switch from Lucas motorcycle$8.69 quart. I change oil after each trip to track. It will make it more economical with he $12gallon from WallyWorld too:thumbsup:

I drop the oil pan and clean pickup and pan along with inspecting clutches after each event. I keep that pan as clean as the outside of the bike. ALOT of $$$$ riding on proper oil delivery???

I use Suzuki oil. It's cheap, around $3 a quart so I can change the oil for around $10. I change the oil before every track day even if they are only a week apart. Works for me! I have race friends who use the non-motorcycle specific Mobil 1 in their race bikes with good results. No clutch issues and it's cheap! If I weren't using suzuki oil, I'd be using Mobil 1 as well.

I used to get it by the case from the shop. Wally World is just so easy

Back